Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

I don't believe that the immediate reaction to implications of someone sexually harassing people should be just dismissed it out of hand just because I like the accuser's work, or especially not because of that.

Do you not understand the difference between victims coming forward with stories of inappropriate encounters and some random Twitter dipshit saying "I bet he's a creep"? Because if not then I have some products I'd like to sell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I don't believe that the immediate reaction to implications of someone sexually harassing people should be just dismissed it out of hand just because I like the accuser's work, or especially not because of that.

Why should we listen to you when you're a creep? You're probably just saying this because of that awful stuff that you did.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Blockhouse posted:

are you really pretending like the context in which this was brought up, with no actual victims coming forward, with no proof beyond idle loving gossip and hot takes which are all literally at best hearsay is proof enouh to call a dude a sexual harasser.

Again: this explosive info was just loving sat on, apparently, until he said something bad about a game port. So either this is made up, in which case the accuser is an rear end in a top hat, or it was posted solely as a sickburn because he said something bad about a game port, which means the accuser literally considers a woman's issues with being sexually harassed less important than defending a game dev's honor. Which means the accuser is still a loving rear end in a top hat.

This is like that time that I'm just supposed to believe Max Temkin is a rapist because somebody's anonymous tumblr said he was, because of literal hearsay, just because he helped make a game I don't like.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Like, if you're gonna accuse someone of sexual loving harassment you better have some goddamn proof besides a tweet literally engineered to go viral and get retweets. Especially when it absolutely seems like it's a bunch of assholes defending a game devs "right" to anticonsumer horseshit and slinging whatever poo poo they can in response.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
God knows that I am mentally braced for any internet person to turn out to be lovely, but I really need more to go on than one person saying "well i heard he was bad"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cicadalek posted:

God knows that I am mentally braced for any internet person to turn out to be lovely, but I really need more to go on one person saying "well i heard he was bad"

I'm gonna say a dude who was on CoolGames Inc and is friends with Griffin isn't retweeting a bunch of stuff about this for the Hell of it

https://twitter.com/austin_walker

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Who What Now posted:

I maintain that there isn't a Landon alive that doesn't need to be told to shut the gently caress up. :colbert:

Do not slander NASCAR superstar Landon Cassil in this way, thank you

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Blockhouse posted:

I'm gonna say a dude who was on CoolGames Inc and is friends with Griffin isn't retweeting a bunch of stuff about this for the Hell of it

see this is the problem. This is a bunch of circuitous general poo poo thats so vague it could be taken as generally applicable and I'm supposed to take it as specifically true just because of the confluence of timing, when the way Twitter works means that it could (and probably is) Gita remarking about how people in positions of power turn things to their sexual advantage.

Again, this isn't loving proof. Nobody has formally accused Nick of anything beyond a bunch of hot takes and people responding, literally, "well, it COULD be true!"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Again, this isn't loving proof. Nobody has formally accused Nick of anything beyond a bunch of hot takes and people responding, literally, "well, it COULD be true!"

This one user with 'cute and sad' in their bio put out a vague subtweet saying Nick is 'kinda lovely' so, as far as I'm concerned, lock him the gently caress up.

eke out fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 4, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

I did a cursory search on Twitter out of curiosity and there are oblique references to stuff and people with serious hate for Nick. There's like only a moderate amount of this stuff though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm so loving tired of the internet

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You'll get receipts when someone decides they want to paint a giant target on their forehead

so, basically not ever. The same as if it's not true at all!

I just find it infinitely easier to believe that someone I don't know beyond being a video games funnyman might be a piece of poo poo than than a bunch of people (many of which who have previously talked about thinking nick's a scumbag in veiled ways) being involved in some kind of vast defamation conspiracy to defend the four people who work on Overcooked, because the former happens literally all the time and the latter is loving stupid.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
there's also apparently a british politics man named nick robinson so idk

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

It's going to be rough when everyone learns that all of the vore stuff is just a way to downplay the fact that Griffin is a literal sex cannibal.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm not particularly attached to Nick, but unfortunately I have no trouble believing that a group of people could exist that would defame someone because he has a video game opinion that they disagree with. So, I don't know, and I can't know with the information at hand.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Blockhouse posted:

Ok, I'm not sure why you didn't open with this rather than being coaxed into it

Everyone is mentioning SOMETHING to do with Gita Jackson but i can't find any tweets from her directly saying what happened? Everything mentioned is extremely vague and it's frustrating

I'm trying to actually dig into this, I don't wanna be all See No Evil, but it would help if someone could actually point to a tweet that condemns him directly

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What are you even talking about

Post the tweets or something instead vague references to hypothetical tweets no one in this thread is going to hunt down by unnamed people who won't say why NIck is a bad man

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

By "vast" you mean literally three people. Because I checked Twitter too, and it's a couple of angry sadbrain white dudes calling nick a piece of poo poo in hot take-y ways.

And yes, The Discourse absolutely loves to defend anticonsumer horseshit devs pull. Especially indie devs, considering the close personal relationship they have.

And again, why would you sit on sexual harassment allegations until Nick insulted a video game? Because the inherent statement of that is that sexual harassment allegations are valueless unless the supposed offender said something bad about a video game you like.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Post the tweets or something instead vague references to hypothetical tweets no one in this thread is going to hunt down by unnamed people who won't say why NIck is a bad man

https://twitter.com/fairyocarina/status/893267837271158784

https://twitter.com/appleciderwitch/status/893261980399616005

https://twitter.com/jmickle_/status/893267378041180160

This is literally all I could find. This is the smoking gun that Blockhouse says means I should just believe that Nick sexually harrasses people online.

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/appleciderwitch/status/893261980399616005

https://twitter.com/rockportlimited/status/893267374157176832

https://twitter.com/fairyocarina/status/893267837271158784

https://twitter.com/jmickle_/status/893267378041180160

https://twitter.com/FoggleAR/status/893285097452978177

https://twitter.com/PetturBerry/status/893281422819164160

Lots of people are saying these things, but that doesn't necessarily make them true or whatever.

Also, Nick has a wife??

e: efb lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cicadalek posted:

Ok, I'm not sure why you didn't open with this rather than being coaxed into it

Honestly I was worried people in the thread would get weird and bother these people

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Drunkboxer posted:

I for sure miss the actual gameplay, and I didn't think I really ever would. I'll be glad when the new setting starts honestly, shits gotten a bit much.

yeah, don't get me wrong I love TAZ, but at this point its essentially an improv radio play. The only real person who might *still* be playing the game is 'Merle' but even then I'm not sure its on purpose.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

apparently everyone secretly knew that nick was an rear end in a top hat all along???

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The best part is as far as I can tell Nicks never been married. And I thought for the longest time, and I'm still pretty certain he was, dating sailorbee, who...also has a massive internet presence. So.

Whoever his girlfriend was, though, they broke up, if the video he posted of a YouTube girl literally hitting on him in one of those YouTube wrap up videos is anything to go on.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Maybe they mean this?????

https://twitter.com/AQSpooky/status/889941364108079106

Can't believe Nick would ruin Griffin's marriage

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There's enough smoke on Twitter that I have a hard time believing that there isn't some truth to the rumor that Nick is a Bad Sex Guy, and that Craig James Killed 5 Hookers in College.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

You'll get receipts when someone decides they want to paint a giant target on their forehead

so, basically not ever. The same as if it's not true at all!

I just find it infinitely easier to believe that someone I don't know beyond being a video games funnyman might be a piece of poo poo than than a bunch of people (many of which who have previously talked about thinking nick's a scumbag in veiled ways) being involved in some kind of vast defamation conspiracy to defend the four people who work on Overcooked, because the former happens literally all the time and the latter is loving stupid.

People get death threats and accused of heinous for having the wrong video game opinions literally, not figuratively but literally, every single day. We shouldn't dismiss victims of abuse, but we don't have to be so credulous that we believe absolutely everything immediately.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Most of these tweets are pretty much just people saying "So it turns out Nick is a creep.", and people who are responding to that with "can you elaborate on that?" being met with a response of "Well, no. That's all I know." The most concrete accusation is this one:

Which is pretty god drat explosive, but I think it's a little weird that the person prefaces it with "apparently". Like, where are you getting this info? I am totally ready to write Nick off if necessary, but so far I haven't heard anything first- or even second-hand!

Man, why can't they all be like JonTron? he said a racist thing and everyone wrote him off. Plain and simple, no fuss no muss.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Uh, nick references his girlfriend fairly often on CGI. I don't think he's married.

e: either that or he has brass balls

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the best part of the jontron thing is that his fanbase was just having none of it and right after that stream his subreddit just became wall to wall posts of people dunking on him

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm just 100% reminded of the Max Tempkin is A Rapist thing, which had no supporting evidence, was a literally pile of hearsay from some tumblr rando, and I there was this immediate "how dare you not take the victim seriously" when anyone brought up how it as a pile of unsourced hearsay bullshit from tumblr.

And look how that turned out, not a peep since that happened. The internet loves to make up slanderous bullshit with no supporting evidence and our specific Discourse culture, which is generally a better and more supportive to women environment overall, means I'm supposed to just swallow that poo poo without any sense of critical reflection because anything else is victimblaming or some poo poo when people love to make up really awful things all the time. Especially about video games.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

So far I'm seeing what looks less like a vast conspiracy and more like a big game of Twitter Telephone

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, I also kind of lose sympathy for the "well I don't want to put my hand up and volunteer concrete information because I'll get flamed/trolled" when the same people are more than happy to post heaps of vague, circular accusations anyway. It's all schoolyard whispers at this stage and there's nothing that seems like it has any real basis yet.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Why do you care what other people think about your internet comedy hero? This isn't a court room so no one commenting on this has any effect whatsoever on whatever happens to him. (Nothing will happen to him)

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Here I am, trying to make an honest dollar being an Easily Triggered SJW, and people can't even fetch me credulous accusations to get outraged at. smdh.

in other news, Awful Squad fanart

https://twitter.com/anuanew/status/893282731060150272

Serf
May 5, 2011

So far I'm seeing what looks less like a vast conspiracy and more like a big game of Twitter Telephone

People are really taking the "Nick Robinson cheats on his wife with underaged girls" thing and repeating it which is one of the ways that this sort of thing becomes fact for some people.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I love nick robinson's content but even his public persona is kind of a creep.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

inferis posted:

Why do you care what other people think about your internet comedy hero? This isn't a court room so no one commenting on this has any effect whatsoever on whatever happens to him. (Nothing will happen to him)

He's a figure making a living partly from internet popularity, internet comments can absolutely have an effect on him. But even disregarding that, I only give a poo poo insofar as those comments are saying that he's a secretly lovely person, because I don't want to watch and enable lovely people. I enjoyed JonTron videos but I have no trouble never watching him again after his bullshit.

Right now this really just looks like 2 or 3 random twitter accounts saying "wow can't believe Nick's a creep" with 0 evidence though

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

inferis posted:

Because I don't want Nick to turn into Max Tempkin, who went radio silent for literal years, understandably, because he didn't want the rape poo poo to follow him around. On top of the fact that this absolutely smells of Videogame Defenders coming out of the woodwork to defend an indie dev who did a lovely thing by accusing a dude of being a sexual harasser.

Let me be clear. If a victim comes forward or someone has some evidence of the poo poo people are saying,I'm 100% willing to drop Nick like a bad check. But its all secondhand hearsay and amplified gossip and its loving gross, especially considering the fact that all this poo poo exploded over someone saying something mean about a bad video game port.

Like that's the grossest thing of all.the accusers got so upset over nicks video game opinions that they decided to spread this, over...you know...loving the idea that nicks a gross sexually harnessing piece of poo poo. As someone who actually gives a gently caress about this stuff its loving despicable it all comes back to loving video games over protecting or preventing future victims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/mmmaax/status/893292730184486913

Show yourself, coward.