Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

None of us know any of the details for sure but I'm gonna lean toward defending victims of something that is incredibly common over assuming they're making poo poo up which is incredibly rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i'd be inclined to defend the victims if i knew about any victims at all

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

inferis posted:

None of us know any of the details for sure but I'm gonna lean toward defending victims of something that is incredibly common over assuming they're making poo poo up which is incredibly rare.

There are literally no victims. That's the point. They're all theoretical with none even having been anonymous and coming forward. You saw the tweets, they're gossip, hot takes, or actively wrong poo poo like how Nick is apparently married even though I'm like 99% sure he isn't.

Nobody has screenshots, there is no recounting,there's NOTHING. I'm literally supposed to believe Nick has sexually harassed people because other people,mostly dudes, said they heard that he did.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 4, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Relay a story anonymously through someone else, as opposed to attempting to dunk on someone without any preparation. the conversation literally went like this

"I wish publishers would stop making consumers QA their games for them"
"yeah well you cheat on your girlfriend in DMs apparently"

????

Like jumping out of the bushes and shooting at someone with blanks. get someone's story, vet it, protect their anonymity, and come out with it. the court of public opinion has no due process but there are still SOME standards that should be met. Callout culture is sometimes a giant-rear end buster sword wielded clumsily falling all over the place. We already experienced it in this thread with people (NOT in this thread) accusing the Adventure Zone graphic novel artist of racism because Taako was blue (?!?!?!)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

why

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
nick is a creep = green taako is antisemitic

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

So big deal then? If it's unfounded then the accusations will fall away. Either way it doesn't affect you at all.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Whoever did this loving sucks poo poo, by the way.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Let's move on to a less controversial subject: gender and race in fantasy podcasting.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Haha they deleted it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lol tweet deleted. but i got you.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

inferis posted:

So big deal then? If it's unfounded then the accusations will fall away. Either way it doesn't affect you at all.

If you think that's how the internet works then you're especially dumb. Like that time that agdq dude's wife cheated on him, where to this day I read dumb poo poo about how she let a bunch of dudes run a train on her. That poo poo doesn't go away.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

For what it's worth these rumors unfounded or not aren't new. I've seen people talking about this for months, so it's not just from the overcooked tweet.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

inferis posted:

i'd like to know if this guy i follow secretly sucks, actually

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
gita jackson tweeting about it is the thing that gives me pause. like, if there was a smoking gun that would be it, but that's the only solid example i can find of this

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

remember when this thread was about the funny brothers and their goofy podcast

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

remember when this thread was about the funny brothers and their goofy podcast

i like the elf with the funny voice

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

lets hang out posted:

Everyone You Like Is Problematic, there just aren't always receipts.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Raserys posted:

gita jackson tweeting about it is the thing that gives me pause. like, if there was a smoking gun that would be it, but that's the only solid example i can find of this

Yeah that's the closest thing I got to it having merit but even then her tweets read as "it happened to me so it COULD be true". Her tweets did not read like she was a personal victim of Nick's, obliquely or not.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I don't think anyone's posted anything but general vague "Yeah he's a real rear end in a top hat," and honestly from his joke persona and his normal self I'd be willing to believe he's at least kind of a off putting jerk :shrug:

But also this twitter phone game of 'I heard she said he said' is probably not 100% on base given the fact that twitter's not a platform that enables nuance or actual discussion as much as it is a platform for making sure you get to inject your hot take into the general populace before the topic becomes irrelevant.

Luckily Justin and Travis, the two best boys, are too Dad-like and too soft respectively to ever break my heart.

Griffin's probably a real loving goblin IRL though

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is there gonna be a new Let's Go to Hell this week?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Eox posted:

I think this thread is already there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Eox posted:

we're already in it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Poque posted:

nick is a creep = green taako is antisemitic
he's blue!!!! BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! *falls off the mountain shouting*

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

lets hang out posted:

Yeah that's the only reason I care. It isn't any of my business, except I support this dude by consuming his stuff and I want to know if I should stop doing that. Oh well.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

we're already in it

The lost cgi episode about creating an ARG based on twitter outrage

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

kidcoelacanth posted:

we're already in it

Boyland deserved to die

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Boyland deserved to die

It sure is easy from behind they keyboard isn't it? I'd like to see you try saying that to his 114 kids.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

inferis posted:

The lost cgi episode about creating an ARG based on twitter outrage

They already did social media permadeath

Serf
May 5, 2011

I would trade the hogsbottom three to have boyland back

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LerF33pznY

An animatic to lighten the mood.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ariong posted:

It sure is easy from behind they keyboard isn't it? I'd like to see you try saying that to his 114 kids.

I would say it to each and every one of his husbands,while laughing. That's how much of a loser Boyland was who deserved what he got

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Serf posted:

Who wouldn't, though

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Serf posted:

i would trade the hogsbottom three to not have the hogsbottom three

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

Jesus, what happened to the other ~300 kids?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It is amazing to me how Carey, one of the coolest characters in TAz, is the sister of Scales, the lamest

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, Magic Brian has to be one of Griffin's best character voices of all time.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Boyland deserved to die

you monster

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Fellatio del Toro posted:

They already did social media permadeath

gently caress, they zagged on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Soup du Jour posted:

Who wouldn't, though

I'd have let Boyland die to get rid of them.