Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boyland will live forever

in the seven WoW characters named after him https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/search?q=boyland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Anyway, those McElboys! They're sweeties. Love those podcasts. Loved that Seeso show, too. Any word on a second season?

Star Guarded fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 4, 2017

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Star Guarded posted:

Anyway, those McElboys! They're sweeties. Love those podcasts. Loved that Seeso show, too. Any word on a second season?

Seeso's dying so it doesn't seem likely

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Seeso's dead at the end of October (I think?) so it seems unlikely unless they get picked up by some other streaming service

which also seems unlikely

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

travis is probably a toe's length away from launching a doomed season 2 indiegogo and the only thing stopping him is no one bringing it up as a possibility

wait gently caress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
SeeSo already sold MBMBaM to an AT&T-backed streaming media business.

After they mentioned having discussions about "how can we translate our goofs to things beyond an advice show" toward the end of this week's podcast, I got the impression that the TV series wasn't going forward to Season 2. At least, not in its current incarnation.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Everyone go listen to this week's Sawbones episode about how people used to rub chopped up baby alligator hearts on wieners

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

After the Titus Burgess tweet the only tv show I want is TAZ

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

standard owl posted:

Everyone go listen to this week's Sawbones episode about how people used to rub chopped up baby alligator hearts on wieners

You say that like normal people don't do that on the reg.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I've seen a lot of accusations of people doing bad stuff go through an echo chamber and warp into unrelated but much worse accusations. For example, people mentioning Nick cheating on his wife to creep on women in the gaming industry automatically lose a good chunk of credibility if he's not married, and the vagueness of a lot of the accusations posted in this thread really sound to me like 'I dislike Nick Robinson for other reasons so am extremely willing to believe dubious claims of sexual assault'.

I've got no opinion on whether or not Nick is actually a creep. I don't know him. He's a funny internet guy. Sexual harassment in gaming communities is unfortunately common enough that I can't really dismiss the claims, but nor have I seen anything to really support it. What it comes down to is I'm not really going to believe third-party accounts by people repeating what they heard on the grapevine with high amounts of vagueness or other credibility-obscuring details. That doesn't mean I don't think it's possible something COULD have happened, but that I'm doubting both the sources we're getting here and the timing with which they're pulling this out.

EDIT: Star Guarded, I don't have an account with PMs. You have to buy an upgrade for that, right?

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 4, 2017

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Seeso's dead at the end of October (I think?) so it seems unlikely unless they get picked up by some other streaming service

which also seems unlikely
That's a shame. Well, at least we got six good episodes!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the 'cheating on wife' tweet seems to be trying to make the same point about 'echo chambers' based on the follow-up tweets, which is excruciatingly and hilariously ironic

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

My favorite part of the Seeso episodes were the driving practice town. Travis's Rowdy Boys!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Star Guarded posted:

That's a shame. Well, at least we got six good episodes!

they really just need to find a better platform for it next time

nobody thought seeso was going to be around for long!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Netflix pick up the brothers. What does it cost to make an episode? Like 10k?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

It is amazing to me how Carey, one of the coolest characters in TAz, is the sister of Scales, the lamest

Hey man, SOMEONE had to overcompensate for Scales.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

Netflix pick up the brothers. What does it cost to make an episode? Like 10k?

They spend at least that much on apology gift baskets to the mayor.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I will rather believe that a person is a rapist than that people on the internet will make stuff up and spread false information.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I will rather believe that a person is a rapist than that people on the internet will make stuff up and spread false information.

Someone who was once in the same tri-state area as Griffin retweeted something, what further proof could you possibly want?! Nick Robinson is literally the most powerful man in Hollywood.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Personally, I just can't wait to find out what his wife has to say about all of this.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

It is amazing to me how Carey, one of the coolest characters in TAz, is the sister of Scales, the lamest

It's well known that when you have a sibling, all of your talent is pooled together and then sometimes it is unevenly handled out. Carey got all the awesome, in much the same way that my brothers got all the height.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

YggiDee posted:

It's well known that when you have a sibling, all of your talent is pooled together and then sometimes it is unevenly handled out. Carey got all the awesome, in much the same way that my brothers got all the height.

Let's hope to god his kids take after their aunt or their mom.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nick abandoned his boooooy

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

gently caress the haters, I wish scales was my dad.

E: while we're on the hogsbottom three, I still think it's hilarious how much the community seemed to come around on Lucian, apparently by virtue of Dan getting super drunk and stopping caring.

Roach Warehouse fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 4, 2017

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I actually like the flophouse guest eps but part of what I like is how utterly lame, terrible, and unheroic The Hogsbottom Three are. Scales is an insufferable goofball. Lucian is just some weird druidist who somehow thinks he's better than anyone else despite all evidence to the contrary. Tanzer literally spends the like three hours of the second one nervously complaining about how unfairly the rich and powerful are treated and then gets completely upstaged by his sister and her magical helicopter escape plan. They are somehow significantly worse at heroism than even early-campaign Taako, Merle, and Magnus, although they at least have a lower body count. It's hilarious.

EDIT: Tanzer's sister who's name I forgot is the best part of their second episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Boyland's funeral, and just how annoyed Clint/Travis/Justin were by it, was one of the funniest moments in TAZ.

Boyland is cool in my book, too bad he was never able to quit smoking until it was too late.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 4, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

I actually like the Hogsbottom Three but Boyland was better.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Too bad Boyland couldn't wait to die until after the voidfish erasure policy had been rendered moot by the apocalypse. Sucks for him! But hey, the guards Magnus unintentionally got killed after kidnapping won't be forgotten by all their loved ones.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PetraCore posted:

Too bad Boyland couldn't wait to die until after the voidfish erasure policy had been rendered moot by the apocalypse. Sucks for him! But hey, the guards Magnus unintentionally got killed after kidnapping won't be forgotten by all their loved ones.

Boyland and his legacy were part of the information released by the Voidfish, now his kids can remember their great dad again :unsmith:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Boyland and his legacy were part of the information released by the Voidfish, now his kids can remember their great dad again :unsmith:
Oh, the Voidfish released EVERYTHING, not just the journals? Man there's got to be like a hundred side-stories there given how bad the BOB was at Artifact-Wrangling.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PetraCore posted:

Oh, the Voidfish released EVERYTHING, not just the journals? Man there's got to be like a hundred side-stories there given how bad the BOB was at Artifact-Wrangling.

Yeah, pretty much. Also, all of johann's music and the relic wars. Everyone is going to have a lot to think about when this is all over.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

PetraCore posted:

What it comes down to is I'm not really going to believe third-party accounts by people repeating what they heard on the grapevine with high amounts of vagueness or other credibility-obscuring details. That doesn't mean I don't think it's possible something COULD have happened, but that I'm doubting both the sources we're getting here and the timing with which they're pulling this out.

There is a reliable direct source (Gita Jackson) and a pretty reliable person (Austin Walker) rting her and other people tweeting about it. They aren't naming names or laying out a direct case (and Gita's tweet's make it pretty clear why not) but it's not at all hard to piece together that Nick is the topic of discussion.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I've read those tweets but I'm not sure how you arrive at the conclusion that it is Nick they're talking about. Like it could be, sure, but it could also be any number of other games media people.

I don't want to be seen as blindly defending Nick here, if he's done something i wanna know. But gently caress can anyone please just give one piece of hard evidence

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If these accusations are this widespread among journalists there's no way that griffin and Justin haven't heard about them

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cicadalek posted:

I've read those tweets but I'm not sure how you arrive at the conclusion that it is Nick they're talking about.

Nobody's even said it's Nick they're vaguely talking about?

Is this what Twitter is always like?

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Cicadalek posted:

I've read those tweets but I'm not sure how you arrive at the conclusion that it is Nick they're talking about. Like it could be, sure, but it could also be any number of other games media people.

I don't want to be seen as blindly defending Nick here, if he's done something i wanna know. But gently caress can anyone please just give one piece of hard evidence

If you dig around through all the subtweeting you can trace the entire thing to Nick's Overcooked tweets; hence the tweet saying "it's not about one bad tweet." It seems like a lot of people were angry with Nick over this for some time and his dickish tweet triggered it to boil over and someone called him on it and then a collective venting took place.

As for "hard evidence" and why you're not getting any, read this thread Austin just rted: https://twitter.com/ali_west/status/893322058784006144

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Also, all of johann's music and the relic wars. Everyone is going to have a lot to think about when this is all over.

The voidfish are choosy in what they broadcast. The smaller broadcast Lucrecia's journals, the larger chose to broadcast Johann's music. No telling if Boyland made the journal or not.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

You'd think if they were worried about being targeted for making a hard accusation then they wouldn't be doing all this heavy implication tweeting either, considering it achieves almost the exact same thing and looks almost as bad for the subject. If nick was angry about it you'd think he'd unleash a response to this, too. Whilst I don't want to be hard on the people involved since I don't know the story, this just seems weird.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

kayakyakr posted:

The voidfish are choosy in what they broadcast. The smaller broadcast Lucrecia's journals, the larger chose to broadcast Johann's music. No telling if Boyland made the journal or not.

I thought the implication was that the adventure zone podcast itself was part of the void fish broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

You'd think if they were worried about being targeted for making a hard accusation then they wouldn't be doing all this heavy implication tweeting either, considering it achieves almost the exact same thing and looks almost as bad for the subject. If nick was angry about it you'd think he'd unleash a response to this, too. Whilst I don't want to be hard on the people involved since I don't know the story, this just seems weird.

Twitter seems like about the worst place to try and hash it out because the UI makes it very difficult to track what the gently caress is going on. You got something to say, post it on Tumblr or something and link to it.