Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
2Game is a SEGA approved digital seller: http://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

It sounds like they're a lovely merchant but the keys are legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Plus Paypal should protect against stolen merchandise within 180 days of purchase or some other dispute reason.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Jesus gently caress vampire counts. Von Carsten by himself beat me in the battle after mosr of his army crumbled.

Should i focus on killing him first or the troops . His spells are bullshit.

get 3 or 4 armor piercing units of archers and stack them in like a V formation. have one run in the opposite direction while the others fire on the hero. when the hero charges at the others, have whichever unit hes attacking run from him. also fire attacks hurt them pretty bad

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Has anyone gotten SFO to play nice with that GCCM map pack? My game crashes on load with just those two mods active, but loads fine if only one of them are on.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Phrosphor posted:

Has anyone gotten SFO to play nice with that GCCM map pack? My game crashes on load with just those two mods active, but loads fine if only one of them are on.

Works fine for me, for another friend he has a problem where SFO and faction unlocker will crash every time despite us using the same mod setup.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Mine works fine but completely shits itself with ultimate chaos

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fat and Useless posted:

Plus Paypal should protect against stolen merchandise within 180 days of purchase or some other dispute reason.

That was my thing. I didn't know enough about it, so I put it through Paypal and made sure to get my key activated on Steam like, instantly. Their system was lovely though I had to open a ticket to get the key after I got an error and the CS rep said their poo poo was blowing up but it was fixed within like an hour of me contacting them. I assume Steam isn't gonna remove the game from my Library at this point.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

In my experience SFO simply doesn't nice with anything that isn't an SFO specific submod, with the exception of Ultimate Chaos apparently.

EDIT: And nevermind, should have refreshed.

EDIT2:

jokes posted:

That was my thing. I didn't know enough about it, so I put it through Paypal and made sure to get my key activated on Steam like, instantly. Their system was lovely though I had to open a ticket to get the key after I got an error and the CS rep said their poo poo was blowing up but it was fixed within like an hour of me contacting them. I assume Steam isn't gonna remove the game from my Library at this point.

Steam can and will actually do that if the key isn't legit, just FYI. However, you're safe this time, because 2Game plays nice with SEGA just like Greenman plays nice with 2K. These key seller sites usually have one or two publishers they're legit about working with, it's really just figuring out which one half the time.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 4, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I got my key. They never sent an email saying the order had processed, but I logged in on their site and it was finished, so I grabbed it without any trouble.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is fire really that effective against vampires? Particularly lords? I'm in a situation where I've wiped out their entire army, but two vampire lords are just loving up everyone. Dryads, Treekin, Deepwood Rangers, they dont' care. Just crush them. Ugh.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Jastiger posted:

Is fire really that effective against vampires? Particularly lords? I'm in a situation where I've wiped out their entire army, but two vampire lords are just loving up everyone. Dryads, Treekin, Deepwood Rangers, they dont' care. Just crush them. Ugh.

Fire is only more effective vs units with regeneration. VC have
A few units that fit this category. There are also few other units vulnerable to fire, like Dryads and Treekin. I'm not sure if fire overrides physical resist / armor.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jastiger posted:

Bring ranged AP units, send one unit to melee the lord or hero, and circle your ranged unit around to get a clear shot on them (or just fire into the melee as per usual.) This is best with handguns but your archers should do fine.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Since it sounds like you're playing WE, just use Prey of Anath Raema on their lord before loving unloading on them. As Orion, my skill choice is basically getting the red army buff, then gunning for Prey, then doing whatever.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

fwiw, My purchase from 2game went through with no problems

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like weakness to fire on most units is such a minor penalty as to not really be worth taking advantage of, although if it also ignores any physical resistance the unit has then it might be handy for dealing with kitted out lords and treekin.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bret fire archers will loving murder dryads in my experience

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like weakness to fire on most units is such a minor penalty as to not really be worth taking advantage of, although if it also ignores any physical resistance the unit has then it might be handy for dealing with kitted out lords and treekin.

i mean it's just a bonus if you have easily accessed fire archers or flaming units (sons of sigmar, warriors of dragonfire pass, bret fire archers, welf magic/fire archers)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

StashAugustine posted:

Bret fire archers will loving murder dryads in my experience

Hell yeah, so does the flame spell that makes all your dudes' weapons get fire damage and, most importantly, that banner of eternal flame. I fuckin' love elf genocide time when you're ready for it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Someday I'll do a bright wizard+18 blazing sun army

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

StashAugustine posted:

Someday I'll do a bright wizard+18 blazing sun army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evk_8FNlJPY

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Kanos posted:

The thing I hate most about horde factions is that you never really feel like an unstoppable, all-conquering horde, you feel like a tiny guerilla army sneaking around vastly more powerful opponents and taking opportunity strikes before they notice you. It utterly sucks on Chaos and runs totally counter to the intended flavor of the faction(being the "Doom Tide" is kind of a joke when literally every faction you will ever fight will outnumber you 5:1), but it works pretty well on Beastmen because of their unique stances, lack of horde infighting, and the Dark Moon events compensating for the normal horde weakness of horrible replenishment problems.

The problem is that I don't really see how you can combine feeling like an unstoppable, all conquering horde, and have any challenge or interest to play.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

wiegieman posted:

Bring ranged AP units, send one unit to melee the lord or hero, and circle your ranged unit around to get a clear shot on them (or just fire into the melee as per usual.) This is best with handguns but your archers should do fine.

I ended up winning but holy crap. Vampires are ridic tough. I have a lot of hagbane tips and i thinj im gonna swap em for thr starfire shafts on the scouts. Two arrows a shot sounds op.

My glade guard with shields got owned by the skeleton warriors though, dunno what's up with that

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Shouldn't Vamp Lords disintegrate due to army losses at some point anyway?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Where the enemy units skeletons or graveguard? Skeletons are trash that should be no real threat to eternal guard, graveguard are, while a bit rubbish for elite infantry, perfectly capable to wrecking face when properly supported with invocation and larger monsters.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fangz posted:

The problem is that I don't really see how you can combine feeling like an unstoppable, all conquering horde, and have any challenge or interest to play.

It's a pretty thorny problem, yeah. Beastmen feel a lot better than Chaos to play and that's because Beastmen got a ton of special benefits(Brayherds, automatic ambush stances, Beastpath, Dark Moon events) bolted to the faction to make dealing with being a lovely Horde a lot less onerous. A lot of those changes feel fine because Beastmen are constantly portrayed as a sneaky invisible group of monsters that appear out of the forests and murder/burn everything before fading away. Guerilla ambushes and constantly running away once the forces of humanity are actively looking for you feels really off kilter and wrong for Warriors of Chaos, who are supposed to be the ones people run from.

Really, I don't think WoC should be a Horde faction at all. They have a known "base"(the Chaos Wastes and the Norscan tribes) to operate from and it's not any less logical for them to hold territory than it is for loving Greenskins to hold territory. The Wood Elf approach would probably work best, with some home provinces(mostly in the northern parts of the map) and then outposts in other places that facilitate replenishment/global recruitment. They could even tie it into the "Raze a town and make a chaos portal" mechanic that already exists to encourage fast/efficient global recruitment.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

Use a timer mechanics where you are racing the clock and utilize the fact that your unstoppable horde can not be everywhere at once. Examples could be to finish your campaign in 80 turns or the gods abandon you/you lose. Or make these short events more dramatic such as sack this particular city in 8 turns or you lose half your army and your enemies get one high tier stack for free. Basically, you are the all powerful and steamroll the factions of order, but you're still a bitch of the gods, and they will severely punish you for your insolence if you act up/fail.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx1z3Rnvgxw

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Well, I didn't want to risk the other place so I went with bundlestars. Now I await being able to stomp things with mammoths. (And then, next month, endless elf murder.)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Zudgemud posted:

Use a timer mechanics where you are racing the clock and utilize the fact that your unstoppable horde can not be everywhere at once. Examples could be to finish your campaign in 80 turns or the gods abandon you/you lose. Or make these short events more dramatic such as sack this particular city in 8 turns or you lose half your army and your enemies get one high tier stack for free. Basically, you are the all powerful and steamroll the factions of order, but you're still a bitch of the gods, and they will severely punish you for your insolence if you act up/fail.

That sort of mechanic would just encourage you to split up your massive unstoppable horde until you're the underdog again.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

those claw-trunks still creep me out...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Norsca is cool and all but I'm ready for skaven and more elf videos :(

And mostly, after that, ready for some motherfucking TOMB KINGS

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have a good tutorial of active combat management so I can learn how not to have my forces get owned by the enemies? I try to get my guys to engage the right enemy but they just evade my attempts and get at me every time.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Fangz posted:

That sort of mechanic would just encourage you to split up your massive unstoppable horde until you're the underdog again.

Off the top of my head:

I hate cheating AI, but give the AI factions some bonus armies to face you (the commoners rallied against a new threat or something) so you face much greater resistance and more or most of your victories are pyrrhic. Add in a recruitment or replenishment bonus to pyrrhic victories so you can recoup your losses faster while the AI tries to do the same. You'll still overall steamroll them but it'll be far slower and more a war of attrition. Balance the rate so you don't spend half your time sitting around to keep it focused on fighting and, more importantly, fun. You could also up the chaos war opinion bonus to rally factions together so you might face more varied army composition and make the game more interesting to play. I don't know if the game has too much built in to the AI to prevent cross-race alliances or not.

Obviously that's a first draft idea and I don't know enough about the in depth mechanics to know HOW all that would work or if it even could, but it'd make it more of a challenge so there's no reason not to play it for being too easy, and it'd potentially make the game more interesting if it could change up army compositions you'd be facing.

e: If you could actually have a variable pyrrhic victory you could have mild gambling in the form of trying to take the victory as close as possible to get a higher recruitment/replenishment bonus. The thinner your victory the more you get afterwards, leading to maybe enough troops to make another understrength horde to continue to process with.

Too bad the game is lovely in how it judges battles. I've gotten pyrrhic victories after losing 30 men out of 2000.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 4, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I am anticipating norsca and such but yeah, gimme skaven and sequel info too, CA.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Jastiger posted:

Does anyone have a good tutorial of active combat management so I can learn how not to have my forces get owned by the enemies? I try to get my guys to engage the right enemy but they just evade my attempts and get at me every time.

Which faction are you doing again? Welves? For something super specialized, I tend to group them by purpose rather than by whether it's infantry or cav whatever.

I make group 1 the anvil. I make group 2 the screening group. 3 is damage dealers, 4 is Cav left flank 5 is Cav right flank and six is artillery.

Once things get chaotic you kind of have to click individual units like a Korean kid playing starcraft.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

jokes posted:

https://2game.com/

then switch it to GBP on the top right, and use the code

TWW2-2Game

should be roughly $40 USD. I paid with Paypal too.

no warranty it'll work as well for y'all but TWW2 is in my steam library and Norsca is unlocked for me.

Just saying this worked for me. Got a key with no issue via their website order system, didn't have to contact any customer support or anything. Key activated on steam and unlocked Norsca.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

same

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Same here.

Drakhoran
Oct 21, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Have you watched Party Elite's Beginner's Guide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I also got a key from 2game, no problem.

• Locked thread