Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

U-DO Burger posted:

Huh, I'm being told I'm ineligible to get JC3 for some reason.

Use the webstore. It's better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Sony has come a long way since RIDGE RACER and 599 US dollars

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

PS+ games up for the US now! This is a real good month drat. Still hoping that JC3 runs better than on my pc but apparently it may just be that phoning home issue there so idk.

Does phoning home mean JC3 constantly trying to connect to (and often failing to) SquareEnix servers to look at leaderboards and friends scores? Yeah, that made it unplayable for me on PS4.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Use the webstore. It's better.

I was. That error is gone now though, so I guess I just had to wait it out. :shrug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neon Knight posted:

Does phoning home mean JC3 constantly trying to connect to (and often failing to) SquareEnix servers to look at leaderboards and friends scores? Yeah, that made it unplayable for me on PS4.

Yeah. There's no reason it should run like poo poo on my pc but it is and I'm assuming it's just that.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Patapon Remaster is making me want to dust off the Vita and just snag 2 for $5 since I never played it but beat 1.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah. There's no reason it should run like poo poo on my pc but it is and I'm assuming it's just that.

Every time I opened a menu it would be like "Ok, gonna go talk to the SE servers.... no you can't cancel or opt out of this. Just a few more minutes... Okay.... Maybe later, I'll try next time you open a menu." For a while I thought my internet connection was terrible, but I manage to play actual online games on my PS4 no problem. Its a shame because I feel JC3 is a lot of fun and I can even deal with the framey explosions and long loadtimes on PS4 if it wasn't for the connection thing.

Hitman also suffered some related setbacks with being tied to SE servers, for me.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
If I have sunk roughly 200 hours into Binding of Isaac on PS4 is it safe to say I will enjoy Enter the Gungeon at $9?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Schremp Howard posted:

If I have sunk roughly 200 hours into Binding of Isaac on PS4 is it safe to say I will enjoy Enter the Gungeon at $9?

yeah probably

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:siren: :siren: Extremely important announcement :siren: :siren:

The Asian version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, as in the one that's playable in English, finally got the VR mode today. If you own the full version and "buy" it through the game itself, the upgrade is free until the end of this month. If you have the free version (or some incomplete version), or wait until after August, the DLC is paid. Of course, grabbing the DLC has to be done while signed into an non-Japanese Asian account (e.g. Hong Kong), any territory where the game is available should work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Schremp Howard posted:

I didn't, it's a way slower and more boring game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Gungeon is a slicker game than Isaac but it's also less interesting, more bullshit and just generally way more of a slog.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

^burtle posted:

Patapon Remaster is making me want to dust off the Vita and just snag 2 for $5 since I never played it but beat 1.

I'm already missing all the QoL and other improvements from 2 while playing remastered but I'm holding out for a remaster of 2 since they already announced loco roco 2 remastered.

I'm also having trouble starting and maintaining Fever, it's like I'm playing the game again for the very first time

The main problem I can see with a remaster of 2 is that it had a multiplayer component that I think had online capability

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 3, 2017

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

The Asian version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, as in the one that's playable in English, finally got the VR mode today. If you own the full version and "buy" it through the game itself, the upgrade is free until the end of this month. If you have the free version (or some incomplete version), or wait until after August, the DLC is paid. Of course, grabbing the DLC has to be done while signed into an non-Japanese Asian account (e.g. Hong Kong), any territory where the game is available should work.
Unfortunately, it still doesn't make the game worth playing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one 'plays' the 'game'

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yo, who do I write to to request a "Not Call Of Duty" filter for the sale-browser in the webstore because good God

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Lakbay posted:

I'm already missing all the QoL and other improvements from 2 while playing remastered but I'm holding out for a remaster of 2 since they already announced loco roco 2 remastered.

I'm also having trouble starting and maintaining Fever, it's like I'm playing the game again for the very first time

The main problem I can see with a remaster of 2 is that it had a multiplayer component that I think had online capability

I actually turned on the Vita and had Patapon 2 waiting for me, which is awesome but poo poo a HD Remaster might make me wait.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

No one 'plays' the 'game'
About the same way you play any modern online game actually, it's a bunch of boring gameplay to have a slim shot at some cosmetic items

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

It's an important part of the Dead or Alive mythology because it details the destruction and reformation of Zack Island. Along the way you learn things that add character depth to the main cast, like which girls like tacos.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Instant Grat posted:

Yo, who do I write to to request a "Not Call Of Duty" filter for the sale-browser in the webstore because good God

I've been wishing for this feature for years ever since Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Rocksmith.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

univbee posted:

That's nice and all, but where the gently caress is my jetski racing?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Schremp Howard posted:

Get Nuclear Throne instead

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Fair warning. It took me quite some time to get into NT after Isaac. Shelved it a few times. Namely the jitteriness of the gameplay and less of a feeling of random ingredients. But looking up a few things on a wiki helped me understand the depth and I grew to enjoy it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nuclear throne is such a drat good game

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I haven't played BoI or Nuclear Throne but Gungeon is great, the bad part is how much of the good stuff needs to be unlocked and how hard it is to unlock some of it on a single playthrough, so expect lots of replays even if you're King Bullet Hell of gently caress Mountain

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

univbee posted:

Thanks. We don't have a PSVR, but we do have the game. Might as well add free DLC to the library, I guess.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is Doom worth getting on the PS4 over the PC for literally any reason? FPS on console seems so floaty to me when my PC handles like a dream. Bigger multiplayer community?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Some people find the controller more comfortable, some want to play it on the couch, others don't have a good enough PC (PS4 version is really well optimized while back then my X6/660 couldn't even hit 30fps most of the time).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bust Rodd posted:

Bigger multiplayer community?

lol doom multiplayer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can tell Doom is a bad FPS because nobody plays the multiplayer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

In Training posted:

You can tell Doom is a bad FPS because nobody plays the multiplayer

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Got DOOM for the $15, expected it to be like DOOM 3 and really good but it was like bad and was quite bad. The campaign is laughable, just moving from closed room to closed room killing poo poo. Didn't try multiplayer because the gameplay was so simplistic and tedious.

Bummer of a game, wait until it's $5 max, preferably free, then download all 70+ gigs for the 6 hours of campaign lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol you think Doom 3 is good

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

cvnvcnv posted:

Got DOOM for the $15, expected it to be like DOOM 3 and really good but it was like bad and was quite bad. The campaign is laughable, just moving from closed room to closed room killing poo poo. Didn't try multiplayer because the gameplay was so simplistic and tedious.

Bummer of a game, wait until it's $5 max, preferably free, then download all 70+ gigs for the 6 hours of campaign lol

Whoa, I found it, the bad opinion

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cvnvcnv posted:

:chloe:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Why is that weird? I played 3 when it came out and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and sense of progression. Idk if it was good in the broad scope of gaming but it was a far better campaign than the new game.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

cvnvcnv posted:

Why is that weird? I played 3 when it came out and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and sense of progression. Idk if it was good in the broad scope of gaming but it was a far better campaign than the new game.

Regardless of your opinion on Doom 3, your opinion on new Doom is so fantastically wrong that I can't even.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Doom 3 was the one where you could fire a shot every time you opened a door and you'd hit a surprise imp behind it 9 times out of 10, right?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

man nurse posted:

Regardless of your opinion on Doom 3, your opinion on new Doom is so fantastically wrong that I can't even.

It was very bad. Move and hip fire, move and hip fire, repeat ad infinitum, congrats u r the Doom Slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

man nurse posted:

Doom is a really good arena shooter but if you don't really like arena shooters it will do nothing for you.