Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
There's something I really like about the game's art style, but I'm not sure what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

GamesAreSupernice posted:

There's something I really like about the game's art style, but I'm not sure what

I can see how the chunkiness might be pleasing.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Hey there, I've been doing this Let's Play of an old game called Evil Islands.

Thought I did post the first part here back when I did it 9 months ago but I guess not so here's both episodes all at once.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnwAdtKNrY0

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257W78mKbYk

Thanks byebye

Pizzatime fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 2, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

It is the oughts, and there is time for Neopets. This game came out in 2005, and it's just real real bad. Please join me, The Heavenator and Friend Robot as we remember Neopets and slowly die.

I hate this game a whole lot, please enjoy

i did a video of the psp spinoff of this ps2 spinoff of a browser game years back for the other lp of it. spoilers it's bad

i can't find the video but i did find this clip i recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clurhtBM_bM

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In today's video, Heave eats a big bowl of chili and forgets basic facts about Midna.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

i did a video of the psp spinoff of this ps2 spinoff of a browser game years back for the other lp of it. spoilers it's bad

i can't find the video but i did find this clip i recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clurhtBM_bM

I did a bit of rooting around in Dish's thread, I think this must be it. You weren't kidding.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I did a bit of rooting around in Dish's thread, I think this must be it. You weren't kidding.

haha god drat i was so awkward talking in videos back then

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

haha god drat i was so awkward talking in videos back then

Better than I would have ever been. I can't imagine doing solo commentary.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
well now there are neopets I am way into this thread

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

July the fourth be with you, thread.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Hello!

Following up the part 1 & 2 double feature of my Evil Islands LP, here is part 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXARWsvx0Q

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/CJacobsSA/status/893124979474276352

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hella 👏 yeah 👏 gimme 👏 that 👏 good 👏 bubsy 👏 poo poo 👏 mainline 👏 it

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh God, this'll kill CJacobs. Seriously, I've watched Smite's stream of it that disaster- if it doesn't bring back memories of the kidney stones, I'd be flabbergasted.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Cjakes gonna show us all some of that Bussy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
cjakes is undefeatable

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
i am 100% ready to guest on that stream cjacobs. pm me. let's do this.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

i am 100% ready to guest on that stream cjacobs. pm me. let's do this.

Same here, CJakes- give me a time and a place!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I forgot to post these when I first did them and now am doing more updates which will be up in a day or two.

Here is some Orwell, a game where you play a data analyst working for a shadowy government org that can see virtually everyone's online presence etc.

Episode 1, Part 1: The Best Spy in Korea

Episode 1, Part 2: Awkward Spying

Episode 2, Part 1: Back To School

At first I started doing these as a live stream from a PC Bang (Cafe) in Korea but then decided to just use my laptop to record them because PC Bangs get pretty loud and obnoxious at times.

Edit - Here's the stream page for it: http://store.steampowered.com/app/491950/Orwell_Keeping_an_Eye_On_You/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 11, 2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah dude. PCbangs are dope as hell.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I've been doing a LP of West of Loathing. I know reading dialog is kinda frowned upon around here but I take a shot at it and only trip up a couple times an episode. My first episode it rough but I feel like I get better as I've put out more videos but feel free to tell me I suck.

As of today I have 4 Episodes out and plan on releasing them every Tues and Fri from now on.

Link to the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-kpreoBwa4

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Y'know, I was thinking of skipping West of the Loathing 'cause I kinda Kingdom-of-Loathing-myself'd out a while back, but I have to admit: this game looks pretty drat good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

Y'know, I was thinking of skipping West of the Loathing 'cause I kinda Kingdom-of-Loathing-myself'd out a while back, but I have to admit: this game looks pretty drat good.

What have you done.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
GAME OVER

RETURN OF SALLY

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More Orwell!

Episode 2, Part 2: Question Everything

Comically for whatever reason, YouTube decided this video was inappropriate and has flagged its monetization until it can reach 1000 views before bothering to review its content. A game where no violence is ever shown, just talked about, is considered too advertiser unfriendly I guess. Swearing is even pretty light, I think I only called a guy "a poo poo" once and it was clearly in mocking of his characters behavior. :psyduck:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CJacobs posted:

What have you done.

D;

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

It's really good and has been getting a lot of attention. The map when you get out west plays out like Fallout and the jokes come at you so fast you don't even notice some of them. Like Russel the Crow.

Unfunny Poster posted:

More Orwell!

Episode 2, Part 2: Question Everything

Comically for whatever reason, YouTube decided this video was inappropriate and has flagged its monetization until it can reach 1000 views before bothering to review its content. A game where no violence is ever shown, just talked about, is considered too advertiser unfriendly I guess. Swearing is even pretty light, I think I only called a guy "a poo poo" once and it was clearly in mocking of his characters behavior. :psyduck:

Alternatively you can unlist it and they will review it that way. The algorithm is going crazy right now and even went after a LP of Learn to Fly 3.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 13, 2017

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Edit:oops double post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Alternatively you can unlist it and they will review it that way. The algorithm is going crazy right now and even went after a LP of Learn to Fly 3.

Good to know, I'll do that if that happens going forward. It's a really dumb algorithm given that its going after things that are not at all a violation of anything.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

Good to know, I'll do that if that happens going forward. It's a really dumb algorithm given that its going after things that are not at all a violation of anything.

Not to derail to much but It's beyond dumb, and of course YouTubes customer service replies to every complaint with "Appeal it to help us make the algorithm better going forward." Meanwhile people are losing money due to the length of the appeal process. Actually makes me wonder if it's worth checking out Vidme. Granted my channel isn't large enough for me to care but at the same time I wonder that if I'm gonna build something should I choose a platform that is currently growing as opposed to one that seems to want to hamper gaming channels.

Content: I also have a Let's Play on Book of Demons which is a rehash of Diablo 1 with abilities/armor/items coming from cards and you can set up a deck with any mix of these. Currently only Fighter and Mage are in the game and I'm giving mage a shot because that's how I lean when I play games. Rogue is on the way and the art style is a pop up book. The developer eventually plans to have 7 total games that are adaptations of the "Golden Age of PC Gaming" No other games have currently been announced. But I'll probably have them all on my channel at some point.

Link to the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVwmLJmasU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The hunt for the terrorist continues in Orwell!

Episode 3, Part 1: Nina

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

The hunt for the terrorist continues in Orwell!

Episode 3, Part 1: Nina

This is a really cool series keep it up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am here to post my lettus play of a videogame I have recorded myself playing.

I present Factorio: My Digital Bonzai Tree

Factorio is a game where you play a space man who is on a space planet with the zerg. You use your first 8 steel plates to create a pick ax to fight your true enemy: THE TREES. From there you create a small factory of inputs and outputs in order to build things with even more iron plates. Eventually you launch a rocket to unlock the last research: A +1% productivity bonus to mining equipment.

Come and share with me this chill lettus play experience and this bizarre videogame. This little factory will be my tree. Click Image for playlist.

Episode 1 - The Begining
Episode 2 - The Beginning Part 2
Episode 3 - He Knows how to add plates now!
Episode 4 - It starts with a power outage.
Episode 5 - Finally got that kiwi Koolaid!
Episode 6 - Enter the 44 chambers of the Shaolin FORGE

KirbyKhan fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 2, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

This is a really cool series keep it up.

Good news! The 2nd part of Episode 3 is now ready. :toot:

Episode 3, Part 2: I Am Sorry

This really is one of my favorite games so far. It's reminding me a lot of Her Story and I like these sort of games so drat much.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 24, 2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Another one!

Ep 4 - Lightning speed ramping of iron gear wheels!

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play "London Taxi Rush Hour"

In which I demonstrate how to complete one of Data Design Interactive's infamous shovelware Wii titles.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Let's Play "London Taxi Rush Hour"

In which I demonstrate how to complete one of Data Design Interactive's infamous shovelware Wii titles.

I'm glad you subtly showed your thoughts about brexit by calling pounds 'euros'.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'm glad you subtly showed your thoughts about brexit by calling pounds 'euros'.

I can confirm I made a mistake and confused the two currencies that both look like an E.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
There really doesn't seem to be any redeeming qualities whatsoever in that game. That's quite a feat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

kjetting posted:

There really doesn't seem to be any redeeming qualities whatsoever in that game. That's quite a feat.

I was sitting here racking my brain for something positive to say about the game. All I've got is that I like the logo design, but even then they misspelled "Rush Hour". Stylistic or otherwise, that looks wrong.