Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's a forest for the trees argument that vets don't get. The trees are thicker for a lot.

Their mental health care providers are not the limb of the government they should be swinging axes at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

oh dear me heavily armed veterans taking it out on the front line mental health providers in America this has never happened before

also it's cute that you think the only people launching ambush attacks on police are black, the deliberate police attack types are gloriously multiethnic. gently caress, one of them was a Yugoslavian war reenactor, a pair of them were professional joker / harley quinn cosplayers and of course your good old fashioned white supremacists have quite the LEO body count

'MERICA

whut

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That's a forest for the trees argument that vets don't get. The trees are thicker for a lot.

Their mental health care providers are not the limb of the government they should be swinging axes at.

hey I have some bad news for you but the police are the primary mental health providers in this country

#2 is corrections officers in jails

number 9 or 10 is what you would call a "mental health professional"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pennsylvania State Trooper sniper attack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Frein

Serbian war reenactor, airsoft player, domestic terrorist and murderer

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 4, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Smiling Jack posted:

hey I have some bad news for you but the police are the primary mental health providers in this country

#2 is corrections officers in jails

number 9 or 10 is what you would call a "mental health professional"

What the hell sense does that make?

Because that reads all sorts of wrong. That's like saying cats are cardiologists because they're often around when people have heart attacks.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

none really but most of you guys seem okay with using cops and guards as your mental health providers until someone gets shot and then there's a lot of deep concern for like 96 hours on local news channels

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Smiling Jack posted:

Pennsylvania State Trooper sniper attack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Frein

Serbian war reenactor, airsoft player, domestic terrorist and murderer

Well yeah I remember the event, I just didn't realize he was a yugo war reenactor. God that's such a strange fetish.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Because that reads all sorts of wrong. That's like saying cats are cardiologists because they're often around when people have heart attacks.

https://newsone.com/2744141/prisons-mental-health-providers/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Smiling Jack posted:

none really but most of you guys seem okay with using cops and guards as your mental health providers until someone gets shot and then there's a lot of deep concern for like 96 hours on local news channels

Cops and prison/jail guards are facilitators of mental health at best, not providers. They maintain control and follow orders, not offer suggestions for how to channel your crazy or prescribe anything besides cuffs, car, block building with bars. Doc says inmate needs his pill, guard gonna give it to him, not the doc.

Wait, this is dumb.

Hell of a lot of trees to walk back through out of here.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 4, 2017

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Somebody had a bit of fun with a hacked digital billboard

FastestGunAlive posted:

Not as big headline as all the good poo poo on this page but thought it was funny

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/02/neo-confederacy-dukes-of-hazzard-cooters-last-stand-215450

"The pro wrestling match on Sunday featured a lumbering, baby-faced villain who wore a Hillary Clinton shirt and "trash talked" about clean air protections, sanctuary cities for immigrants and, most heinous of all, his hatred of the Confederate flag.

"All those stupid flags gotta come down!" taunted the 37-year-old wrestler, whose real name is Daniel Richards, a real estate agent in Richmond. The crowd booed as he pranced around in briefs emblazoned with "Progressive Liberal" across his rear end."

I don't know if this has been posted before, but wrestling heel Progressive Liberal is a legit cool dude. He just gives his own progressive views (with a dickish spin) to be a villain for the Appalachian wrestling fans. They take it so seriously that one of the wrestling officials pretends to feed him talking points, in an attempt to protect him from getting jumped after wrestling matches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...achian-circuit/

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Something awful is my mental health provider.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thats a great angle tbh and i wish him all the best

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Arc Light posted:

Somebody had a bit of fun with a hacked digital billboard

I don't know if this has been posted before, but wrestling heel Progressive Liberal is a legit cool dude. He just gives his own progressive views (with a dickish spin) to be a villain for the Appalachian wrestling fans. They take it so seriously that one of the wrestling officials pretends to feed him talking points, in an attempt to protect him from getting jumped after wrestling matches.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...achian-circuit/

Nice thanks for sharing

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Two black vets snapped and went cop hunting. I don't think any vets have really tried to rack up a civilian body count - yet.

How many wars back are we talking? Because we just passed the anniversary of the last time a university in Texas made any worthwhile news.

17:1 is a pretty solid score.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Still waiting for the Starship Troopers vet revolt that brings in the fascist government we need to take the fight to those filthy skinnies

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cops and prison/jail guards are facilitators of mental health at best, not providers. They maintain control and follow orders, not offer suggestions for how to channel your crazy or prescribe anything besides cuffs, car, block building with bars. Doc says inmate needs his pill, guard gonna give it to him, not the doc.

Wait, this is dumb.

I think you're kind of missing the point here

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Do we have an extradition policy with Russia?

Donnie's vacation is him attempting to leave the country.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Wait, this is dumb.

There's a big difference between the way the system should work and the way it does work. Reconciling the two is hard, expensive, and not getting any easier the longer we wait. He's right in that we like to imagine people who need mental health support can walk into a clinic and sign up and get what they need. Usually some part of the process fails, and Joe Schizo ends up on the street or in a shelter. Now it's the police's problem.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Zeris posted:

There's a big difference between the way the system should work and the way it does work. Reconciling the two is hard, expensive, and not getting any easier the longer we wait. He's right in that we like to imagine people who need mental health support can walk into a clinic and sign up and get what they need. Usually some part of the process fails, and Joe Schizo ends up on the street or in a shelter. Now it's the police's problem.

I tried to straighten up and fly right, but it wasn't easy with that sumbitch Reagan in the White House.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

How many wars back are we talking? Because we just passed the anniversary of the last time a university in Texas made any worthwhile news.

17:1 is a pretty solid score.

"17th victim died in 2001 from injuries sustained in the attack."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mental health talk:
We don't have asylums anymore because Republicans didn't want to pay for them, and some far left idiots think it's never ok to lock someone up for their own good.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Calling them "providers" is a cruel loving joke. It's the epitome of doublespeak.
They take unmanageable people off the street and dope them to keep them compliant and manageable, NOT to actually provide care or treatment. Think One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest but without medical personnel and with 1/10 the staff.
On the other hand, holy poo poo, talk about unfunded, untrained mandates on law enforcement, courts, jails and prisons. It's like taking infantrymen and making them unemployed single parents of special needs kids.
We've almost completely dismantled the country's public mental health treatment system since the early 80s because doing so was free money for state governments. (To be fair, new due process requirements and minimum care standards for keeping people locked up also made it more expensive)
It's to remote of a problem for most people to care about, but the bottom line is that the level of management we give to the mentally ill is, "what must we do to maintain order in jail/prison while avoiding a cruel and unusual punishment lawsuit?"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

joat mon posted:

Calling them "providers" is a cruel loving joke. It's the epitome of doublespeak.
They take unmanageable people off the street and dope them to keep them compliant and manageable, NOT to actually provide care or treatment

Sounds like your average American medical provider to me!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

At least Hilldog got to clear her mind with a walk in the woods.

I wouldn't be surprised if a vet went ventilating craniums after their checks stop for whatever reason. Theirs or others.

I'm well off, and if my Education benefits stop I'm suddenly broke. Imagine broke brains who already have it rough.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I absolutely had to, I could last for three or four months on my savings. After that?

:black101::black101::black101:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

TBeats posted:

If I absolutely had to, I could last for three or four months on my savings. After that?

I could start selling my possessions. But I'd be reluctant to sell my car if congress hosed me over

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TBeats posted:

That's about what my bet is for the peak of the guzzoline wars at this rate, so you're pretty much golden

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

joat mon posted:

It's like taking infantrymen and making them unemployed single parents of special needs kids.=

Get out of my head

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
p.s. court-ordered medication compliance is my jam.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

TBeats posted:

I could make it a year if I sold off all my stuff, but by that point I'm sure the VA isn't sending out meds and the stress of losing my house would probably make everything go pear shaped.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

You know one time we had to court order Risperdal injections for a really unfortunate old schizophrenic lady who was just too far gone to accept the medications on her own. About a week later the injections had straightened out her brain so much she was nearly normal again. No longer throwing chairs at windows or anything. We spent a good long time talking about life and she continued to take her meds on her own and it felt p good to see the system work right. That's my story.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
WAPO reporting the Secret Service in a tiff with Angry Orange's real estate company.

Non-paywall version

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/se...nB9Q?li=BBnbfcL

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's really difficult to get someone declared incompetent/crazy by the courts. I've beat that wrap twice. Who has two thumbs, and can still buy assault rifles?

THIS GUY!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
:stare:

nope not going down that path

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Trump heard that Obama's third quarter 2016* as president had a 2.9% GDP, better than his 2.6% that he was bragging about because

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/893420123641479168

E: unless he means WV. In which case if you throw all of your trash and belongings on your floor and then piss in the corner, pick up and throw away a couple of beer cans and you're 3% cleaner, but you're still living in a shithole.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 4, 2017

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Lol fuckin yeah Huntington WV is incredible.

A fat, opiate addicted city is incredible.

I have relatives there and that place is goddamn pathetic. No wonder they idolize Trump, it's literally all they have left.

E: I didn't watch his speech last night, did he talk about opiates at all? I assume not, because why would he? Probably just shouted "RUSSIA FAKE NEWS!". How far off am I?

dubzee fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 4, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

dubzee posted:

E: I didn't watch his speech last night, did he talk about opiates at all? I assume not, because why would he? Probably just shouted "RUSSIA FAKE NEWS!". How far off am I?

He will solve the opiate epidemic problem.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/amberjamieson/trump-barely-mentions-war-on-drugs-at-epicenter-of-the

What, you wanted more? gently caress you, get me a diet
coke.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He talked about Hillary's emails when asked about the investigation.

Guess if I'm seriousposting or not.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Just lol.

Both sides of my family are from WV, I'm glad my parents were smart enough to gtfo the instant they got hitched. WV is a drat shame, such a beautiful state that's been ruined by corporate greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

dubzee posted:

Just lol.

Both sides of my family are from WV

:banjo:

• Locked thread