Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

The Duggler posted:

I just got a 5th gen iPad so I'm back on iOS for the first time since 2011

Is Infinity Blade still the pinnacle of iOS gaming?

A compelling case could be made that 80 Days is.

I'd say it's one of the best games of the decade, on any platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

goferchan posted:

Good news for you, then. It's a sequel by the original developers and I believe it's still slated to come out this year (on iOS included)

This game gets a lot of hype but I never got into it. Seemed too complicated

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Ratjaculation posted:

Misread something on this page as KODP2 and now I'm sad

man, if only.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bogart posted:

man, if only.

look up!! it's coming

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMKRMLpUYlU

New card game from Tiny Touch Tales (Card Crawl, Card Thief), new artist. Looks niiiice.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

http://toucharcade.com/2017/08/02/square-enix-confirms-final-fantasy-tactics-will-be-getting-64-bit-update/

Hah! Take that naysayers!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am absolutely shocked. Honestly.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Feeling good about taking the risk. I haven't had much time to put into it yet but being able to play FFT on my phone is kinda awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Feeling good about taking the risk. I haven't had much time to put into it yet but being able to play FFT on my phone is kinda awesome.

It seemed to crash quite a bit on my iPhone 7+ hopefully the September update sorts that out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MarcusSA posted:

It seemed to crash quite a bit on my iPhone 7+ hopefully the September update sorts that out.

It's running flawlessly on my 6s.

Machinae
Aug 15, 2004

goferchan posted:

Good news for you, then. It's a sequel by the original developers and I believe it's still slated to come out this year (on iOS included)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Can anyone speak to how FFT plays on an iphone SE? I really dislike the tiny buttons in some games on this phone.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

Hooooly poo poo, now we just need dungeon raid to be updated.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Synthbuttrange posted:

New card game from Tiny Touch Tales (Card Crawl, Card Thief), new artist. Looks niiiice.

I picked this up, it is a fun quick game. Good price at $2, and allows podcasts in background. Relaxing and fun.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

Can anyone speak to how FFT plays on an iphone SE? I really dislike the tiny buttons in some games on this phone.

I only played it on the ipad but it is pretty easy to hold and move your finger up and down until the right option is selected. It was a lot easier than trying to click the right option.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shwqa posted:

I only played it on the ipad but it is pretty easy to hold and move your finger up and down until the right option is selected. It was a lot easier than trying to click the right option.

Oh yeah I have an iPad too I should just play it there. Thanks! Does it have device syncing?

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

VelociBacon posted:

FFT on iPhone actually works very well. I bought it well before iPhone 6. The controls were redesigned to work specifically for touch screen where you can swipe up and down to move your cursor and tap to execute. It works well even on smaller form factors.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Anyone tried Tiny Gladiators. It seems to be fun at lower levels but not sure about later levels

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

VelociBacon posted:

Oh yeah I have an iPad too I should just play it there. Thanks! Does it have device syncing?

It has one "cloud save" slot, the rest are local.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I picked this up, it is a fun quick game. Good price at $2, and allows podcasts in background. Relaxing and fun.

The music and sound effects (and art) are brilliant. I haven't "won" yet, but it's fun just playing.

I'd love an update that just added, like, more customer art and sound effects. Best part by far.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Holy Potato! A Weapon Store is a pretty good reconstruction of a Kairosoft game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Piquai Souban posted:

Holy Potato! A Weapon Store is a pretty good reconstruction of a Kairosoft game.

I had half-pressed my finger on buying this and then checked Steam Reviews which were mixed calling it stuff like "cute, shallow,boring" etc...

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Feenix posted:

I had half-pressed my finger on buying this and then checked Steam Reviews which were mixed calling it stuff like "cute, shallow,boring" etc...

So basically a Kairosoft game then?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Feenix posted:

Steam reviewers expect actual gameplay in their games, you're on iOS though boy'o!

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey everyone - The name of this game is Miracle Merchant.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Miracle Merchant owns but I still haven't finished a game yet lol. Lost on the last customer in the deck like four times now. I look forward to the moment , just like in Card Crawl & Card Thief, where finishing a game becomes trivial and you move on to worrying about high scores. Dude is honestly incredibly skilled at coming up with games that you could technically play with normal decks of playing cards -- it's really impressive that he's knocked it out of the park three times in a row now and each game is structured so differently.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I keep seeing people recommend The Quest.

Why has the writing never been mentioned?

duckfarts posted:

let's explore the fascinating world of The Quest

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I beat one game of Miracle Merchant. A lot if it feels like luck... like, oh poo poo it's the last guy and he wants green and I only have 4 black cards (or no greens)

But it is fun.

Is there any kind of progression? Do I just play the same single scenario over and over again?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Synthbuttrange posted:

It's a cool old school game without too many of the horrible old school trappings (oh great you hosed yourself over forever) and there's also ways you can kinda cheese or break the game a bit if you want to deal with difficult sections.

Right now, I'm well-dressed undead battlemage that's less about battle and more about mage that usually zaps the poo poo out of people with a growing collection of wands that I can recharge. I'm also "virtuous" despite pickpocketing adults and children on the reg. I TOTALLY DID IT with an Amazon queen put my weenus in her silly hole and everything and it was great and then she told me not to come back and I came back and then had to murder all of them. I also watched some lady bring her dad back from the dead so she could gently caress him and have a defect baby and also rekill her dad through fuckin and it was so gross that I suffered mental scars that permanently injured me as shown in the screenshots.

good times

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

holy poo poo the art is good on that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, it's not the same artist and sound people as in Card Crawl/Thief, but it's still pretty good in a different way

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 4, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Feenix posted:

I beat one game of Miracle Merchant. A lot if it feels like luck... like, oh poo poo it's the last guy and he wants green and I only have 4 black cards (or no greens)

But it is fun.

Is there any kind of progression? Do I just play the same single scenario over and over again?

Remember you can freely kick someone to the back of the line and also realize that the stars beneath each deck show you how many spoiled ingredients are in each one. I don't think the latter part is in the tutorial but once I realized that it helped me out a lot

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yea the writing is quite good. Better than most of the Elder Scrolls games to be honest.

Not sure about the unofficial expansions though.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Synthbuttrange posted:

Can't find it in the store for some reason. Is it called "The Quest"?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fuuuuuuuuuu

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Can't find it in the store for some reason. Is it called "The Quest"?

It got renamed The Quest HD because it was an HD upgrade of the game (and some quality of life improvements somewhere I'm told), then just The Quest. It's $8 normally, but wait for a price drop to $4.
http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest-hd-2

This is to replace the older version of it which had OG PC graphics, though they had a "Gold" version that included some expansions already; these were renamed The Quest Classic. The Quest Gold Classic is probably the best deal if you just want lots of Quest.
http://appshopper.com/games/the-quest-gold

The old one still gets updates too, which is pretty rad.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Interestingly, the HD look is not liked by everyone :
"the old art had a creepier vibe to it and has a more scary gritty feel. I did not know if this clean cut feel would work, but it is still amazing....but.....personally, if i had to choose...id choose the old version, it just has a grittier feel and feels darker in a cozy way if that makes sence??!!"

What do you think? "Clean" and QOL stuff or the Classic look?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mr.PayDay posted:

Interestingly, the HD look is not liked by everyone :
"the old art had a creepier vibe to it and has a more scary gritty feel. I did not know if this clean cut feel would work, but it is still amazing....but.....personally, if i had to choose...id choose the old version, it just has a grittier feel and feels darker in a cozy way if that makes sence??!!"

What do you think? "Clean" and QOL stuff or the Classic look?

So, I got both and I've been thinking about that too because the ghetto look has its charm too. I think I'm about at the place where I was in OG The Quest, so I'll poke back into the old one and compare. That said, I remember the new version definitely felt pretty good compared to the old one for how it controlled and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

duckfarts posted:

So, I got both and I've been thinking about that too because the ghetto look has its charm too. I think I'm about at the place where I was in OG The Quest, so I'll poke back into the old one and compare. That said, I remember the new version definitely felt pretty good compared to the old one for how it controlled and such.

I gonna buy the HD one, it has 1 xpac and should provide content for months while I play that in short poop - and up to 1 hour - sessions I guess?