Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
My hot take on the wanna be molested goon fesh, it seems kinda harm less what you're doing, but keep in mind you're betraying the trust of any one who is taking you seriously and dealing with the abuse you described. Also don't be to surprised if someone makes light of the abuse, humor is a coping strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

oh thanks guys that reminds me *opens beer*

more feshes please

man don't rush me :mad:

Got a bit of cushion in the queue now though so sure

quote:

Hi there! I wrote in a while back about my fear of crabs, lobsters, and flying (because I'd be eaten by crabs and lobsters if the plane crashed over the ocean).

I am writing in to today to talk about my crab fear because I had a serious freak out at the beach a few days ago because my brother threw a dead crab at me. It was embarassing but I was able to mostly pass it off as being mad he threw dead seafood at me. Still, when he tosssd that crab my mind went immediately to "I have died and now am being devored by crabs in hell" and picturing giant crabs tearing me apart with their oversized claws. I had my first crab nightmare in a while that night where crabs exploded out of people's orifices and devored my eyes. If I wasn't terrified a gyser of crabs coming out of a vagina would be hilarious but instead I woke up screaming about my lack of dream eyes.

I should probably talk to a therapist about my crab fears but it's still absured as all get out.

I'm a spider-hater and I think 100% of my nightmares since age 4 or thereabouts have been about spiders, and maybe it's just a failure of imagination on my part but they're not usually so laden with poetic horror symbolism so kudos on that

For me it's just like a normal dream and then I'm like "oops can't go over there, there's a giant spiderweb blocking my path, gotta go this way instead, hey there's another giant spiderweb, uh oh" and then it's spiders all the way down until I wake up

quote:

I was sexually assaulted when I was 12, by a random guy on the street. I was sexually assaulted by the father of some kids I used to babysit, also when I was about 12. I was sexually assaulted in my sleep when I was 15 at a friend's house. I woke up with her boyfriend's hand in my panties. I was raped when I was 17, out in the middle of nowhere, after riding in a car with guys we'd just met that night.

I've only ever told one friend.

Whenever my family hear statistics of rape and sexual abuse, they all disagree with their validity. When they hear stats like '1 in 4 women are sexually assaulted' they can't believe it, their reasoning being that out of the whole family, it hasn't happened to any of us. They don't do it in a hostile, malicious way, maybe they're just naive, or lucky. But every time, it makes me want to scream at them. But then I have to stop and think, maybe I'm not the only one who has never told anybody.

I feel obligated to say you should probably also tell a therapist

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Crabgoon you should read some of the Prador books by Neal Asher.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sexually assaulted goon, yeah, I think that's a big part of where those statistics come from and also why it doesn't seem to match up with anecdotal evidence on the surface. It sucks that you have to hear about it at home even if nobody is being malicious, and I also second talking to a therapist. It helps! Just being able to talk about it can help.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
cdrabgoon play darkest dungeon

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

My hot take on the wanna be molested goon fesh, it seems kinda harm less what you're doing, but keep in mind you're betraying the trust of any one who is taking you seriously and dealing with the abuse you described. Also don't be to surprised if someone makes light of the abuse, humor is a coping strategy.

This is true I suppose, but 90% of the people you meet online are perverts, 99% if it's a dating site.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gynovore posted:

This is true I suppose, but 90% of the people you meet online are perverts, 99% if it's a dating site.

:aaaaa: I have dated and married perverts since the late 90s

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm on track to eat my considerable goon body weight in crabs this season.

Just fighting the good fight for you.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Just fighting the good fight for you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Im not gay.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Hope you're doing alright sexually assaulted goon. I hope there is a hell for those bastards to get chewed apart by crabs for all eternity

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Same but carbs instead of crabs

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thats a ton of rapes for one person, jesus christ. Save some for the other 1 in 4's.

Seriously, tell a therapist about it.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

ElGroucho posted:

Yeah, we almost went extinct, not that long ago, in global terms.

Really? that sounds interesting. can you post links?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

omnibobb posted:

Really? that sounds interesting. can you post links?

I can't find it, but I think there was a time in the Ice Age when only a few small groups of homosapiens in Africa and Russia/North America survived. Like scientists think we were down into the thousands globally.

Closest thing I could find:

http://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/22/163397584/how-human-beings-almost-vanished-from-earth-in-70-000-b-c

here's the wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 4, 2017

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Hope you're doing alright sexually assaulted goon. I hope there is a hell for those bastards to get chewed apart by crabs for all eternity

Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-chek?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't find it, but I think there was a time in the Ice Age when only a few small groups of homosapiens in Africa and Russia/North America survived. Like scientists think we were down into the thousands globally.

http://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/22/163397584/how-human-beings-almost-vanished-from-earth-in-70-000-b-c

For some reason my brain always interprets the Toba Crater catastrophe as 3k humans all living In the crater. :downs:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

On the plus side, though, this is the part of the game where you get Magus

bean_shadow posted:

Dum-a-chum? Dad-a-cham? Ded-a-chek?

I understood this reference! (the movie looks completely nonsensical but I will still see it)

quote:

This will probably get posted before you all are done talking about drinking, but just in case...a few years ago I was pulled over for drunk driving. I had hit a couple parked cars and was going about 25 mph in a 60 zone and failing miserably at staying in my lane. The cop that pulled me over ended up being one of my best friends I grew up going to school with, and after joking around and catching up he told me I needed to take a sobriety test. I failed miserably which he found hilarious, then made me do a breathalyzer "out of curiosity". I blew a 0.18 which was surprisingly low considering how I felt.

Instead of arresting me he drove me home and told me to come get the car from the side of the road the next morning. I don't feel bad at all about it and I wish all cops were as understanding and helpful.

Yeah no offense but if that guy didn't already know you you'd be in jail

quote:

Donald Trump is about to go on a 17 day vacation. The simple fact is, this is to cover for a medical procedure.

Donald is extremely vain and being in the public eye so much over the last few years has made him even more insecure about his appearance.

Trump is getting a face lift, facial liposuction, and hair plugs. I know this because I'm one of the surgeons performing the procedure.

We warned him against it given his age and overall poor health. He flipped poo poo and we're doing it anyway.

Doctor/patient confidentiality be damned; he's called my people rapists and "bad hombres".

how would nobody notice him suddenly getting a face lift when he's supposed to be playing golf for two and a half weeks

are we supposed to go "wow, that vacation did him a world of good, he looks twenty years younger"

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
What the gently caress is a 'face lift' do they just rip your face off and replace it with a desperate millennials or something

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I actually had someone ask me a couple days ago if he had gotten a facelift so :shrug:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sjs00 posted:

What the gently caress is a 'face lift' do they just rip your face off and replace it with a desperate millennials or something

not until the Peter Thiel administration's medical reforms come into effect

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
lmao if he dies in surgery, and we get a Dave scenario

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Nah, dems are already willing to cozy up with Pence

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Things this thread has taught me:
  • some things happened at Area 51 but probably not alien stuff
  • get therapy but don't gently caress your therapist ok
  • beer is good
  • beer is bad
  • loving your cousin is just fine

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

How is this supposed to make him feel better, its imitation crab meat

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Sjs00 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnx95KyQEAA

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

DandyLion posted:

How is this supposed to make him feel better, its imitation crab meat

like most goons i wouldn't know what real crab meat tastes like, i've been fed ground up lake erie puree all my life

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
go boil to death and eat some sea spiders with butter right now friend.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

maskenfreiheit posted:

like most goons i wouldn't know what real crab meat tastes like, i've been fed ground up lake erie puree all my life

It's nothing the same. I gotta cook of the bastards this evening.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
drat, no gay stuff, and I really wanted to send that choo-choo up his poo-poo.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
My confession is I love both real and imitation crab meat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Imitation krab kutlets are the future. Reformed protein patties that can made from anything alive.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

My confession is I love both real and imitation crab meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqkBOd8rWs

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I should really watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've only seen like 3 or 4 individual episodes.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

I should really watch Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've only seen like 3 or 4 individual episodes.

If you have prime it's free to stream

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I think I have an illegitimate child from a one night stand years ago.

I was out having a night of heavy drinking and bumped into a girl I knew from high-school who was the first teenage crush I ever had, although she never knew this. Anyway we were both really drunk and after I walked her home, she invited me inside and we hosed for hours.

The next day she was pestering me to go round again and eventually I relented (imagine a goon being pestered for sex!) and it was a repeat of the previous night only the last time, the condom broke. She claimed to have gotten the morning after pill the next day and I honestly thought that was the end of it.

We lost touch after this (for one reason or another I deleted my Facebook account and never added her as a friend again when I started a new one) but a mutual friend of ours brought her up in conversation so I decided to look her up.

You can probably guess where this is going but she's got a six year old daughter who is the spitting image of not only me, but my mother. The more I looked through the photos the more I couldn't get the idea out of my head that this was my daughter I was looking at. There's other circumstantial evidence that I'm not going to go into unless somebody is really interested.

Obviously I'm not going to do anything goony like message her asking outright. I'm not even sure if I am going to contact her at all. My only issue is that this girls current partner and "dad" to my daughter is a huge piece of poo poo whom I know from years ago. He's spent time in prison for armed robbery and assault and this worries me because I still see him around and nothing has changed about him. She has two kids with him as well.

This is a confession as in I've not told anybody about it yet I feel sick with worry.

My first instinct here is that she didn't tell you about the kid because she wanted to handle it herself, and that still applies :shrug: If this guy is a danger to the kid, trust your ex to get him out of the picture. She has two kids with him too. I dunno, at a certain point you have to just go "she's an adult" and let her life be her life.

quote:

I was molested repeatedly by my former uncle. He would babysit sometimes and tell me to take a shower after being outside. He would follow me into the shower...and do things I didn't understand at that age. My aunt divorced him over his drinking problem, so I haven't seen him in 10+ years. I never told my family, but have done therapy almost continually since high school. A few years ago I finally told a close friend who was amazingly supportive, caring, and understanding.

I'm a straight male. I am very self-conscious about my speaking voice. It's high pitched, though not the stereotypical "gay" voice. But I sometimes feel that others expect me to be gay for this reason. In high school it became a running joke that a friend's mom, upon hearing I was taking a girl to prom, told me "Oh sweetie you don't have to be afraid, you could take your boyfriend!" I've had friends of either gender tell me I can trust them, that I don't have to hide who I am, etc. I tell them I'm not gay which leads concerned looks, hands on my shoulder, hugs. Sometimes people believe me and apologize. I don't get offended, it's been happening for years now.

Honestly you seem to have a pretty good handle on each of these things individually; I'm just wondering why they were sent in as one confession. Is the contention that they are related somehow?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

Honestly you seem to have a pretty good handle on each of these things individually; I'm just wondering why they were sent in as one confession. Is the contention that they are related somehow?

I'm no expert, but the fact that he was raped by a guy may be giving him subconscious fears that that somehow makes him gay. I agree with loq though, it sounds like you're handling everything well. The only thing your high voice is keeping you from is becoming the lead singer of a black metal band, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it is a big deal to you then maybe speech therapy could be an option, but I don't think they can help pitch.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
People dont think you're gay just because of your voice, it's all the body language

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Isn't a high pitched voice sometimes an indicator of childhood sexual abuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Super Waffle posted:

Isn't a high pitched voice sometimes an indicator of childhood sexual abuse?

In the same way as having brown hair is sometimes an indicator that you once ate eggs then, yeah, sure.