Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He the annoying salesman in The Office (UK).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Someone did a thing

Loved how he captured LF in all his cartoonish villany.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It's a shame GRRM will never finish the series because all this Lord murder clears the field for the sort of stuff he did well.

The Tullys, Martells, Tyrells and Baratheons are all gone. The Arryns and Lannisters are basically done and the Starks will have to go matrelinial to persist. There should be a massive amount of house politics going on right now.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

the Starks will have to go matrelinial to persist.

Under the name Stark for sure - basically already, since Sansa ist still Sansa Bolton unless the King in the North or his future girlfriend annuls the marriage (or would the church have to do this in Westeros?).
By the way, if Jon Snow is Aegon Targayen, he's also legitimate and a Stark in all but name. Do male nephews come before female children or after in the north? Is Sansa still the heir or Jon/Aegon in this case?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bran is heir whether he wants it or not. He hasn't taken any vows, and it's not like that stopped Jaime anyway.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Solice Kirsk posted:

He the annoying salesman in The Office (UK).

Yes, Finchy.

It's sometimes weird that someone like him who is so super famous in the UK is a mystery to US viewers. I guess the same goes for Mark Gatiss having a cameo in this week's episode.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The lords of the North clearly don't give a poo poo about official lineage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The North wants winners and leaders. I like that they don't loving care about history. They understand leadership which is Jon and Mormont Just laying it out and doing things

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

drunken officeparty posted:

The Ironborn with the super deep voice that was in Winterfell with Theon is one of my most missed characters.

rip you deep voiced freak

Just watch the UK TV channel "Dave" and you'll hear him between every programme

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Episode 4 has been leaked.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Episode 4 has been leaked.

How groan worthy is it?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Only started watching it now but so far it is 100% consistent with the leaked plot outline.

The torrent posted on reddit is not very high quality though, 360p, though I consider it watchable.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Good episode.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Quality is apparently kind of poo poo, I'll just wait for Sunday.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
From the screenshots I saw, the episode's less than 45 minutes long. The last few minutes of the episode look like a war scene with a dragon flying/burning scene around minute 43.

try the new taco place fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 4, 2017

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's pretty dang blurry. I'll have to rewatch the battle scene when it's out properly.

Shockingly though this episode was pretty good. Bran gets a wheelchair and doubles down on autism, and Jon finds some really convenient children of the forest graffiti, but apart from that it works. Danny does the only smart thing she's done by taking a dragon and the dothraki and mulching Jaime's army. Food is mentioned as a thing that actually matters for armies(then Danny burns all the food but hey at least they tried).

Bronn laughs at Dickon's name, further cementing his position as Best Character.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bloom posted:

It's pretty dang blurry. I'll have to rewatch the battle scene when it's out properly.

Shockingly though this episode was pretty good. Bran gets a wheelchair and doubles down on autism, and Jon finds some really convenient children of the forest graffiti, but apart from that it works. Danny does the only smart thing she's done by taking a dragon and the dothraki and mulching Jaime's army. Food is mentioned as a thing that actually matters for armies(then Danny burns all the food but hey at least they tried).

Bronn laughs at Dickon's name, further cementing his position as Best Character.

Olenna was right :911:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Leaks are still 100% correct, and the episode turned out pretty good. Brienne going "gently caress your water bullshit" and booting Arya in the chest was great.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Excited for another badass episode of Game of Thrones.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I did a little fist pump when Bronn got a shot in on Drogon, and I was all for Jaime on his suicide charge too. I'm not sure I watch this show correctly.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

I want to watch the show in the reality where Bronn actually kills Drogon with the scorpion.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It looked like a hundred or so crossbowmen could easily make poo poo too dangerous for a dragon and his rider.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Didn't arrows pretty much bounce off the dragon's scales? It was too blurry to know for sure, but it seemed like anything short of a siege weapon would need to nail one in the eye to do any damage. The rider could get hosed up easily though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
all you doubting thomases should convert at the alter of all spoilers being true 100% of the time

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why even ride a dragon at all. It's not like you are doing anything to control it up there.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

I'm sure I missed it but when and how did the characters (Jon, at least) learn the name 'Night King' and determine his role as leader of the dead?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Oliver Reed posted:

I'm sure I missed it but when and how did the characters (Jon, at least) learn the name 'Night King' and determine his role as leader of the dead?

They read the script. Duh. :rolleyes:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Episode did not suck, will watch again in higher quality though.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Wow are we finally getting a goon consensus "good episode" with no sperging the gently caress out? This is incredible, almost makes me want to download the leak but I can wait a couple days for high quality.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
For the people saying it's good, what did you think about the other episodes this season?

This is hard to believe.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

some guy on the bus posted:

For the people saying it's good, what did you think about the other episodes this season?

This is hard to believe.

I thought they were eventless and boring. This one has a big battle and tons of fan wish fulfilment, so it's good.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The sparring session owns

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Why even ride a dragon at all. It's not like you are doing anything to control it up there.

Because it's loving badass of course.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

This is hard to believe.

All the other episodes have been varying degrees of bad, while this episode is like a solid 7 out of 10. Still schlock, but it's the first episode where there was no point where I was like "hey, that's dumb" (although Arya v. Brienne got close).

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

IRQ posted:

Because it's loving badass of course.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

In the books they are supposed to be mentally connected to the dragons, like the Starks with the Direwolves, and ostensibly the Tullys with trout.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dany has to tell it to breath fire and look badass doing it or I guess it would just fly around and not do that?

Elotana posted:

The sparring session owns

Need a gif of Brienne booting the poo poo out of Arya

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

This is hard to believe.

Other episodes this season have been dumb and boring. This one was dumb and fun. It felt like the show embraced its schlocky nature for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

This is hard to believe.

I think this is the first episode where I had some emotional investment/conflict in a long time

Tyrion watching the battlefield while his best friend and brother are getting their asses handed to them

• Locked thread