Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

ANAmal.net posted:

This sounds a lot like Juggalos, and honestly, kinda makes me want to pick up Death Guard.

I think you meant "goons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Can one soul really contain the evils of both Pats fandom and being a juggalo?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That badge looks like an eagle over a primaris head.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Finally, the killer release we've all been waiting for!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It's actually Squats according to this Ham who's currently jerking off next to me about how much he knows it's Squats because his dad works at Nintendo and they're absolutely Squats you guys they're coming back and :shepicide:.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Finally, the killer release we've all been waiting for!

Would actually buy. Unironicly.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Put on your tinfoil hats, boys: The Warhammer Twitch guys were wearing badges with that new symbol on it.

Either that or he's about to go to a Misfits concert.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Have we seen 40k rules for the Sisters' Acquisitor yet?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

moths posted:

Have we seen 40k rules for the Sisters' Acquisitor yet?

Never gonna happen. If Custodes aren't getting their 30k toys no chance in hell Sisters are going to get 'em.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Black Legion are up, and they own:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/legion-focus-black-legion-aug4gw-homepage-post-2/

Also something that's been going around is that the Grey Knights will give masters/leaders the ability to take Dreadknight suits as an upgrade

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

According to that article, Black Legion Rubric Marines are going to be pretty powerful.

Which is pretty weird because I thought Rubrics were specific to the Thousand Sons due to them being caused by Ahriman's ritual?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Black Legion absorbs smaller warbands, so a Thousand Sons dude with a collection of Rubrics might be convinced/coerced to join up. The main character of the ADB Black Legion book is a Thousand Son Black Legionnaire.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

SteelMentor posted:

Never gonna happen. If Custodes aren't getting their 30k toys no chance in hell Sisters are going to get 'em.

Oh that's balls! I didn't realize Custodes weren't in the FW index.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Yeah the Black Legion has warriors formerly of every other legion. One of the cooler things about Talon of Horus is that it suggests the reason Abaddon was so successful at uniting warbands was that the Black Legion gave them a new sense of purpose and brotherhood.

Yeah that won't apply to rubrics, but they'll follow their Sorcerer brothers

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oooh, drat. Being able to treat rapid fire weapons as assault is going to be awesome for Chaos players. I don't have much experience playing chaos - are they like standard marines were the squads can take a squad leader with CC weapons?

Also, the Let the Galaxy Burn stratagem is going to be amazing. Rerolling all failed hits is no joke.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Zuul the Cat posted:

Oooh, drat. Being able to treat rapid fire weapons as assault is going to be awesome for Chaos players. I don't have much experience playing chaos - are they like standard marines were the squads can take a squad leader with CC weapons?

Also, the Let the Galaxy Burn stratagem is going to be amazing. Rerolling all failed hits is no joke.

Chaos mans can do that, or the entire squad can take CC weapons

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I generally prime and then paint my models after gluing them to the base, but can I just prime and paint them before gluing them? Will the feet still stick with the glue even if they have paint?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

goose willis posted:

I generally prime and then paint my models after gluing them to the base, but can I just prime and paint them before gluing them? Will the feet still stick with the glue even if they have paint?

Plastic glue won't bind if there's paint on it, although you can solve by scraping off a thin layer first.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I use superglue, generally Gorilla Glue or Loctite

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

goose willis posted:

I use superglue, generally Gorilla Glue or Loctite

You should still scrape the contact points but it'll work if you don't.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Everyone should feel ashamed if they don't lovingly highlight the bottom of their mans feets.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Gluing paint to paint is really cool, especially if you like your models falling apart and breaking all the time. I had an Ork army I painted on sprue that required at least some reassembly before every game.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Anyone who has bought a Sicaran: Do they sell the turrets separately so you can magnetize/swap them, or doyou need to get secondhand turrets for the rest? Is it as easy to swap them as it looks?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

JoshTheStampede posted:

Anyone who has bought a Sicaran: Do they sell the turrets separately so you can magnetize/swap them, or doyou need to get secondhand turrets for the rest? Is it as easy to swap them as it looks?

They do not sell the turret separately, but swapping should be really simple. I don't even have my turret glued to the hull at all because I'm a nerd that likes to be able to point it at stuff while I'm playing.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The Black Legion absorbs smaller warbands, so a Thousand Sons dude with a collection of Rubrics might be convinced/coerced to join up. The main character of the ADB Black Legion book is a Thousand Son Black Legionnaire.

I really like that the Black Legion is really down on Sons of Horus because Horus failed. I am super excited about the second book.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zuul the Cat posted:

Chaos Marines are traditionally like a pale imitation of their Loyalist counterparts. 8th seems like its gonna be a lot kinder to them though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JoshTheStampede posted:

AFAIK they don't sell separate turrets, but all the turrets are easy swaps. I can even swap the turrets on my Sicaran and my Deimos Whirlwind, which doesn't look that different from the Sicaran Arcus to tell you the truth.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
I hope you enjoy your new sicaran arcus

edit - the word arcus looks like the word anus

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Has anyone ever painted the transparent stem of a flying base, like the one on the Inceptors?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
OK what the poo poo, GW. Grey Knights get an easy to cast power that lets any unit ignore both cover and line of sight. So a Land Raider can just unload 4 lascannons pretty much anywhere on the board without restriction...

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The only thing I'm sad about is the focus on Death to the False Emperor. It's a very powerful ability, but it also so focused on fighting a single group of factions.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah for me it's loving bullshit because my friends are entirely Xenos players

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

xtothez posted:

OK what the poo poo, GW. Grey Knights get an easy to cast power that lets any unit ignore both cover and line of sight. So a Land Raider can just unload 4 lascannons pretty much anywhere on the board without restriction...

:chanpop:

Power creep this soon, best edition!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

The Bee posted:

The only thing I'm sad about is the focus on Death to the False Emperor. It's a very powerful ability, but it also so focused on fighting a single group of factions.

Yeah I don't love that aspect of it from a game design standpoint, but on the plus side it's all Imperials so it affects like 65% of armies you'll face

xtothez posted:

Grey Knights seem pretty garbage right now, so I'm not surprised they're getting some strong stuff

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah not every good thing is "power creep".

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Grey Knights players are also gaining access to the Stormtalon Gunship and Stormhawk Interceptor, adding some much needed and potent anti-air options in a largely melee-focused army.

:eyepop:

This bodes really well for my dream of getting Stormtalons with the Blood Angels keyword.

E: I'm also glad to see they're getting some of the vanilla stratagems- there are a few I was really hoping to get when my own codex releases.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

goose willis posted:

Yeah for me it's loving bullshit because my friends are entirely Xenos players

All I can imagine is a critical turn where you roll a 6 in your last Fight phase, and realize that one more attack thanks to False Emperor would've killed your opponent's Warlord and turned the game around hugely. A shame your opponent plays Orks.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

So far all of the Grey Knight strategies are lifted almost verbatim from the Space Marine ones (extra fighting, final attack, buff guys next to a dreadnought). I suspect every faction will get those or some variant thereof as Chaos Marines have the Fight one too (albeit Khorne only).

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I do not know exactly how grey knights are this edition but if they are anything like my brother's Deathwatch, you will loose your mind over how good their abilities and guns are (crazy ammo, frag cannons...). But when you realize they are only a handful of models that die like any other marine it makes sense.

Let them have fun feeling powerful and elite and you get to feel good killing like 40pt models that have one wound.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Zark the Damned posted:

So far all of the Grey Knight strategies are lifted almost verbatim from the Space Marine ones (extra fighting, final attack, buff guys next to a dreadnought). I suspect every faction will get those or some variant thereof as Chaos Marines have the Fight one too (albeit Khorne only).

The GK ones are even the same names as the SM ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

goose willis posted:

Has anyone ever painted the transparent stem of a flying base, like the one on the Inceptors?

Yeah mine are black, I just sprayed them at the same time then touched it up.