Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dreddout posted:

Nah New Agers don't have definite concrete beliefs. You can't get a primer on nonsense because they just talk past each other in their own community

Lol what, I missed this

https://twitter.com/search?q=stephen%20miller&src=tyah

https://twitter.com/ActualFlatticus/status/892900650367037445

Alan Smithee spoke the truth once again on the matter. These people live in a bizarre fantasy land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I think I've said it before in either this thread or the Suck Zone but a political surface reading of Harry Potter is the story of a lazy and incompetent government falling to a fascist coup that they were repeatedly warned about but did nothing to prevent.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Same. I love thrones and Star Wars(love Star Wars enough to make it a make a wish.) and I find the woke poo poo eye rolling on a ton of levels. It feels out of touch and pathetic and substituted for real historical and political stuff. And second as a fan because most of the comparisons are retarded and sound and make it sound like said idiot never actually saw/read/played the material.

Special shout out to the current season of GoT where 2 of the 3 episodes so far have had a 5 minute monologue from Danerys(??) about how being a woman doesn't stop her from committing genocide

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Business Gorillas posted:

Special shout out to the current season of GoT where 2 of the 3 episodes so far have had a 5 minute monologue from Danerys(??) about how being a woman doesn't stop her from committing genocide

And that she gets completely outmaneuvered at every turn even though she's the "more qualified" queen.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 WAR 👏 CRIMINALS

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tbf legit teen homer would've said the n word a lot in the 70s and probably once in awhile after getting married and having kids

Homer was a small child in the 70s

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Chieves posted:

MORE 👏 WOMEN 👏 WAR 👏 CRIMINALS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQKYbGEjBA

I'd post these tweets, but I'm lazy, but I'll be damned if this doesn't nail that thought process.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Homer was a small child in the 70s

no he was in high school in the 70's he was a small child in the 60's.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

remember that episode where homers mom ran away to bomb mr burns?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

As a completely broken person who likes Game of Thrones. How? Like if you're gonna do "x is like y" poo poo it should at least make sense. A hostile family bars the doors and ruthlessly slaughters, in cold blood, the entire enemy family. Including stabbing a pregnant woman to death and cutting an older woman's throat while she begged for her son's life. When has that ever happened in the white house?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Rob posted:

no he was in high school in the 70's he was a small child in the 60's.

Homer is 39. That means he was born in 1978

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

Homer is 39. That means he was born in 1978

his official birthdate is may 12, 1956

his mother was an eco-terrorist in the 60s when he was a child

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Peanut President posted:

As a completely broken person who likes Game of Thrones. How? Like if you're gonna do "x is like y" poo poo it should at least make sense. A hostile family bars the doors and ruthlessly slaughters, in cold blood, the entire enemy family. Including stabbing a pregnant woman to death and cutting an older woman's throat while she begged for her son's life. When has that ever happened in the white house?
High turnover of staff, I'm assuming.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

his official birthdate is may 12, 1956

his mother was an eco-terrorist in the 60s when he was a child

google how old is Homer Simpson, dude

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

my god you're right

i can't believe i thought the simpsons stopped aging at some point

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lol. That's a poo poo example. Red wedding example fits more with say 2016 election. Not the trump white house. If you're going to compare stuff to fictional stuff do it right.

Peanut President posted:

OMG! I got so caught up in the inherent sickness and absurdity of prominent politicians dropping Game of Thrones references that I didn't even notice they *snrkt* they didn't EVEN MAKE THE CORRECT REFERENCES!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Have they even SEEN THE NEW SEASON OF THIS loving EPIC SHOW LLLLLLOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol are you for real?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Lumpy the Cook posted:

OMG! I got so caught up in the inherent sickness and absurdity of prominent politicians dropping Game of Thrones references that I didn't even notice they *snrkt* they didn't EVEN MAKE THE CORRECT REFERENCES!!!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Have they even SEEN THE NEW SEASON OF THIS loving EPIC SHOW LLLLLLOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same but unironically.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The_Rob posted:

lol are you for real?

homer, to spite grimey (and us), has lucked into immortality

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i have never liked dany in the show, because the actress sucks and alot of decent character flaws and stuff (the fact that she is basicaly a hosed up child bride who doesnt know how deeps she is and gets more and more hosed up as the books go on) in the show she just comes off as retard who says poo poo that gets people killed.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i laughed. i know, i am a pathetic gently caress.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I think I've said it before in either this thread or the Suck Zone but a political surface reading of Harry Potter is the story of a lazy and incompetent government falling to a fascist coup that they were repeatedly warned about but did nothing to prevent.
they'll just ignore it and pluck the parts of harry potter that are fitting to their woke ideology because it's their holy book. it's just like how evangelicals take the prosperity gospel to heart in spite of the multiple parts of the bible where jesus denounces hoarding wealth

harry potter poo poo has gotten so bad that i welcome GoT comparisons just for the change of pace

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

clearly GoT showed a corrupt female politician destroying an honorable old man through underhanded tactics while the bastard son whose family she ruined has to convince everyone that a Wall is necessary to hold back the barbarian hordes?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Feldegast42 posted:

The surface reading is that Trump is the sick nasty wizard with all the cool spells and tricks that other wizards are too cowardly to use, and a badass battle scarred face, also his friends are a bit psycho, but they know how to throw a party / orgy, while the other guys sit around dusty offices sipping tea.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
wtf happened to this thread

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
why are all these unfunny nerds discussing game of thrones and children's book harry potter here, can they go back to d&d please

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i have never liked dany in the show, because the actress sucks and alot of decent character flaws and stuff (the fact that she is basicaly a hosed up child bride who doesnt know how deeps she is and gets more and more hosed up as the books go on) in the show she just comes off as retard who says poo poo that gets people killed.

Thanks for sharing these feelings with us here in the woke brands thread

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

oliwan posted:

why are all these unfunny nerds discussing game of thrones and children's book harry potter here, can they go back to d&d please

Yes, this is supposed to be a thread about discussing people who discuss Harry Potter and think giving money to big corporations can buy absolution from white guilt.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The guy from this sketch posts here, right? His nerd cadence is *kisses fingers* belissimo tomaduccios

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Stop using jifs of black people already. It's 2017, why is this still a thing?

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/digital-blackface-reaction-gifs

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

it's actually pronounced gifs, like the g in go

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
gigabyte
jigabyte

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Jigabyte sounds racist

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Well I guess if you're teen vogue and see people of colour as caricatures of themselves rather than human beings I guess you'd find that offensive

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Third World Reggin posted:

gigabyte
jigabyte

jigawatt

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's "hif".

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/893463689252261888

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

what if, for the purposes of this exercise, you are also white and the traumatic racial experience was an encounter with a person of colour? :thunk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

reaction gifs are exclusively used by people w/ autism who won't have the social skills necessary to understand what's funny wrong with blackface does this article make that clear

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I only use the finest Brules, Homers, Hanks and Lennys for my reactions. Is that racist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I post a lot of reaction gifs but it's like... an art form, man. Posting random gifs of people going :aaa: is just lazy.

For example, the guy from Mad Men meditating while the world explodes behind him. That's a good gif.