Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Huh, encountered the first genuine bug in ages. Zana 5 minute boss kill mission not completed despite killing the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im pretty excited, what is a good starter build that isn't drat pizzasticks like i've done the last 5 times

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Today finally comes that magical time where a game has a massively anticipated launch and every gamer in the world somehow forgets that this is going to explode the servers, despite having seen it happen a dozen times in a dozen games. Good luck, guys, but keep your expectations low at launch time. I'll be mining Reddit salt.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For a righteous fire build, I'm thinking of either going with Scion with this build https://pastebin.com/qnRi8cnC or Juggernaut with this build https://pastebin.com/pB7pHR5Y

With Scion, it would be pathfinder/trickster to keep life regen up and with juggs would be endurance charges.

I've been gone from the game for ages, anyone able to help me figure out the pro/cons of the different ascendancy?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I'll be asleep because it launches at 6am local. Waking a few hours later to the smell of burning servers...

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I won't really be able to play this weekend but then I'll have pretty much a whole week uninterrupted.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pollyzoid posted:

Can I get a guild invite for YozMortem?

sent

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

omeg posted:

Huh, encountered the first genuine bug in ages. Zana 5 minute boss kill mission not completed despite killing the boss.

Which map?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Valle posted:

Which map?

Phantasmagoria as RF totems.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Can an I get an invite please? Pharnakes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

AS OF THIS POST THERE IS 24 SLOTS LEFT IN THE GUILD

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't decide what to pick for a starter build. The choosing is always the hardest part of any league.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Poedb put this up as the new dark pact:
pre:
Uses your Life if no Skeletons in range
is_area_damage
+4 Radius if using your Life
(0–95)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments if using your Life
Chains +2 Times
Deals (20–201) to (30–301) Chaos Damage
6% of hit Skeleton's Life dealt as Area of Effect Chaos Damage
Looks like the life based damage might not be a spell and you do a bit less selfcast damage.

Handsomeharald
May 7, 2009
Can I get an invite for Esbjerg? TIA

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Handsomeharald posted:

Can I get an invite for Esbjerg? TIA

sent

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Poedb put this up as the new dark pact:
pre:
Uses your Life if no Skeletons in range
is_area_damage
+4 Radius if using your Life
(0–95)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments if using your Life
Chains +2 Times
Deals (20–201) to (30–301) Chaos Damage
6% of hit Skeleton's Life dealt as Area of Effect Chaos Damage
Looks like the life based damage might not be a spell and you do a bit less selfcast damage.

Sounds worrying, unless it just decreased the More multiplier.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Doomfletch Elementalist (possibly Ice Shot, or Siege Ballista). It's just so 2.3

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Since we have a lot of people returning after a while not playing the game here is a good thing to know.

Quality is not consumed when using a jeweler or fusing orb making 6s and 6l far more common than they were in patch 2.0

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hold down shift while using currencies to keep them on your cursor is a fun fact that should be in 72 point font in the op

J
Jun 10, 2001

dead in real life posted:

Today finally comes that magical time where a game has a massively anticipated launch and every gamer in the world somehow forgets that this is going to explode the servers, despite having seen it happen a dozen times in a dozen games. Good luck, guys, but keep your expectations low at launch time. I'll be mining Reddit salt.

While true, historically GGG's launches have been some of the best in the business as far as playability goes.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

J posted:

While true, historically GGG's launches have been some of the best in the business as far as playability goes.

Wasn't the legacy launch actually really smooth? I expect 3.0 to be bigger, obviously.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Lirik and a bunch of other Big Streamers have been lightly pimping PoE, and /r/pathofexile is the subreddit of the day. Gonna be a Real Big Launch is my suspicion.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
This will likely be the most people playing poe at any time by a wide wide margin. Even game updates without a massive playerbase at the time can go wrong, like the mtx rollout/rollback/rollout/rollback/rollout/chrisfuckedup/final rollout. I am not expecting things to hit the fan, but I won't be too surprised if they do.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 4, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gently caress you funman

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

queeb posted:

gently caress you funman

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Does GGG release numbers for peak player count on the standalone client? For legacy it hit 65k peak on steam but I know a lot of people don't use the steam version.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

It was around 112k for the 2.6 launch total.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finally decided, gonna start as SR RF. Not the most imaginatively but it seems strong as a starter and I haven't played it before. I assume Ziggy's build (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r749EjIgzQ) is as good as any?

Not going to be able to start at launch time because the patch is far too big for my lovely Mexican internet to download by then. At least there'll be some stuff in the guild stash by the time I finally get online!

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Could I get a guild invite on BurgLacerate?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Burginator posted:

Could I get a guild invite on BurgLacerate?

sent

Hauki
May 11, 2010

funmanman share with me your ball burster plan

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Hauki posted:

funmanman share with me your ball burster plan

I made a sab for mines+frostbolt with 2 frozen trail jewels. Planning on going life+mom+acro, but there was some stuff that I didn't enjoy about the playstyle. I ran some regular atziris and its such a pain in the rear end to use mines that shoot projectiles when there are all those doorways and poo poo.

Now I am thinking of doing marauder cyclone something, again I am far from confident in it or any build.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Man this preseed torrent is loving slow, hopefully it finishes in less than 4 hours still.

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
Could I get an invite?

ign: Whowhut

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mr. Despair posted:

Man this preseed torrent is loving slow, hopefully it finishes in less than 4 hours still.

They use some poo poo tracker, I've got a 10Gbps box and it's doing 9 megs upload. 12 ratio in 2 hours is some poo poo tier torrenting

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
This seems safe for a league starter that has potential to clear shaper and other end game content right? Last league I think I poo poo out around the late 70s and I wanna try and go for some or all of the end game bosses/maps/etc, and this build seems like a decent starter that has potential to do it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Think I've settled on something even more important than my build: what my character name is going to be. It was a long struggle full of soul-searching, but I believe I've made the right choice. Thank you all for your understanding.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i always just do my usual name plus the skill after

so i'll be QueebAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'll just delete an old char and use that name