Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also continuously going "hmmmm it SURE IS SUSPICIOUS that nobody likes these three specific politicians, I WONDER WHY" ad nauseam instead of just coming out and accusing actual people of actual racism is so chickenshit that Glenn Greenwald was able to call it out and he's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I also hate Tulsi so I'm turbo racist

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I only hate white people, whom you can't be racist against

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

zegermans posted:

You can be reverse racist against white people! :science:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neera Tanden is objectively poo poo

proof:
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/893490878399959040

"trafficked in wikileaks" lol

These are the "progressive" leaders on the "left."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

how can you believe both that the wikileaks stuff was really damaging to the democrats and also that the wikileaks stuff revealed nothing damaging at all

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol I just remembered some idiot in the conspiracy thread said that Greenwald is secretly a conservative

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Frijolero posted:

lol I just remembered some idiot in the conspiracy thread said that Greenwald is secretly a conservative

no but he sent a source to prison for proving him wrong once

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

I only hate people based on their skin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

growing lemons?~

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

no but he sent a source to prison for proving him wrong once

what does this even mean and what would it have to do with anything?

are you trafficking in reactionary conspiracies? lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Neera is very dumb and once you realize that you can just laugh at her Very Bad tweets.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Neera Tanden is objectively poo poo

proof:
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/893490878399959040

"trafficked in wikileaks" lol

These are the "progressive" leaders on the "left."

her tweets are like 97% insinuation

Bad Person I Hate was very mean to me. They're friends with People I Also Don't Like. I'm sure this is a coincidence if you know what I mean

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

comedyblissoption posted:

how can you believe both that the wikileaks stuff was really damaging to the democrats and also that the wikileaks stuff revealed nothing damaging at all

It damaged ***---__tH3_0pT1c5___---***

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frijolero posted:

he sold out reality winner when she leaked a month or two ago basically

not a conspiracy at all

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Bad Person I Hate was very mean to me. They're friends with People I Also Don't Like. I'm sure this is a coincidence if you know what I mean

It's so goddamn toxic because it's the same kind of behavior that lets serial harassers sic their sycophants on targets while maintaining plausible deniability.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Frijolero posted:

The Intercept deliberately burned a source who sent in info contradicting what they'd been gabbling about on their podcast

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Racism isn't "against" anyone, it's a personal moral failing predicated on hating people for things they can't control, i.e. skin color.

You are racist zegermans, either own up, or grow up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

Notice she quotes herself no the "attack"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Racism isn't "against" anyone, it's a personal moral failing predicated on hating people for things they can't control, i.e. skin color.

Lol at this sincere post

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Free Reality Winner

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

actually by the particular definition of racism that me and my Twitter followers adhere to, it is literally impossible to be racist against white people. you can't prove me wrong

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I dunno doesn't sound right also I thought your areas of experience were ethics in anime titties

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, I see the problem with this then. The issue is that if a politician keeps a bunch of relatively un-challenging and uncontroversial promises, they'll still count as having kept most of their promises. So this data doesn't necessarily validate the idea that politicians can be relied upon to keep any particular promise, since they generally make a bunch of other promises that are relatively easy to keep.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hot take: whether it's possible to be racist against white people is a dumb semantics argument that doesn't have any actual application IRL except making people v mad on the Internet

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

My best purse seine is the "malign white people in any way"

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you really want to argue about what racism is i can kick you to TGRS, forever

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ipm_tweets/status/892997440319533056

also, 'racism' requires both a bias and the institutional or political power to act on those biases.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
what the gently caress is even the attraction of twitter slapfights

watching two internet nobodies who think they're minor celebrities tweet snippy insults at each other is just dull

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's so goddamn toxic because it's the same kind of behavior that lets serial harassers sic their sycophants on targets while maintaining plausible deniability.

This is by design.

It's also the behaviour of the right; see 'just asking questions'.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

https://twitter.com/ipm_tweets/status/892997440319533056

also, 'racism' requires both a bias and the institutional or political power to act on those biases.

why a gerkin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shouldnt it be called the corncob and gerkin theory

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Main Paineframe posted:

what the gently caress is even the attraction of twitter slapfights

watching two internet nobodies who think they're minor celebrities tweet snippy insults at each other is just dull

well, the coboplypse has been some new material in the kind of old-school meltdowns you used to find on something awful, and at least some entertaining memes have arisen from it

like this:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Imagine living in the most lefting state in the country, having a primary system designed to allow a far leftist on the ballot, and coming up with Kemala Harris

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

why a gerkin

a metaphor for proud boy underendowment

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine a primary process that allows voters to weigh the merits of individual candidates and being told that one is the surefire winner and that criticism is harmful to party unity more than two years before the season for that primary has even started

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:bagl:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It isn't just institutional or political power, but any power to influence the world around the actor.

Every person holds power in their actions and speech. Interacting with society is a method of enacting agency within the world. Agent actions are expressions of personal power. With no agency, no change can be influenced by the actor, which means the actor has no power/cannot exert power.

There's more to agency than established societal structures.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Intercept deliberately burned a source who sent in info contradicting what they'd been gabbling about on their podcast

Is there proof of them burning her deliberately?

Seems like both the Intercept and her were sloppy and then the FBI found her easily.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

imagine a primary process that allows voters to weigh the merits of individual candidates and being told that one is the surefire winner and that criticism is harmful to party unity more than two years before the season for that primary has even started

is that what happened in cali?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Now if I help you, it matters that you see
These sordid kinda things are coming hard to me.
It's taken me some time to work out what to do.
I weighed the whole thing out before I came to you.
I have no thought at all about my own reward.
I really didn't come here of my own accord.
Just don't say I'm ... damned for all time.

• Locked thread