Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hijinks Ensue posted:

Agreed. I always whine, "Already?" when that happens.
I used to until I caught on that the musical number is usually signalling the end, but it's useless because now I go "already?" when the neon sign comes up. In that regard, there's almost a Monty Python influence here in how sometimes it's not at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

all this could have been avoided if someone would just give that guy a light

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tao of lmao posted:

The Dr Amp scenes kind of freak me out because I'm expecting a woodsman to crush his skull live on the internet.

Don't you even joke about that :mad:

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
It seems more likely Dr. Amp will have his first patient in years when Jerry Horne bursts through his door.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
There's been all the speculation about Richard Horne being the product of Booper assaulting Audrey, and personally I felt it was extremely plausible but by no means certain and perhaps out of sentimentality was leaning more towards this not being the case (I figured maybe Doc was mistaken and Booper was just after the ring). But as soon as Audrey appeared on screen, the whole notion kinda hung over the scene in a really pervasive way for me. Audrey and Cooper's friendship was such a beloved aspect of the show, and Audrey herself had plenty of her dad's characteristics and still managed to have "a romantic nature, a heart that yearns". Then she finally appears in season three and she just seems so frustrated and defeated, in this odd situation that is so far from 1) what she would have wanted and 2) from what anyone would have expected. A few people mentioned that they would have imagined her worst-case scenario being more of a "landed some rich handsome jerk and stuck in a loveless marriage where she has everything except happiness" and that sounded about right to me. Her actual situation, on the surface at least, seems even weirder than that, and sadder too. While there were some really great moments from both Audrey and her husband that made me laugh, I spent most of the legnth of the scene thinking about how Audrey ended up in that situation and what it would mean if Booper really had raped her, resulting in Richard, and eventually leading Audrey to that exact moment. The notion of Diane being similarly attacked was awful, and Diane wasn't even a real character until now, we only knew her from Coop's recordings. We knew Audrey, we saw her and Coop together, we saw what Coop wanted for her. It felt like a really tragic scene that just grew more tense and tragic to me because I couldn't stop considering the notion of Audrey being another one of BOB's victims, where his corruption and decay has continued for another 25 years. I was a little surprised to see people who disliked the scene or specifically thought it went on too long without anything happening. I felt like there was so much happening, even if hindsight I can see that it was mostly taking place in my own head.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
booper definitely raped nadine which is why she just sits in her drape shop watching alex jones all day. her pelvins is broken from boop's powerful demonic thrusts. the pieces are all there but i can't put them together for you, you have to do this yourselfg

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Booper lol

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Maarak posted:

It seems more likely Dr. Amp will have his first patient in years when Jerry Horne bursts through his door.

I'm ok with an episode that's just this.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

ArmZ posted:

Booper lol

Booper Cooper and Dooper

sadly Dooper melted and poofed and became a ball of golden :( but we still have Booper out there boopin and Cooper out there being Dougie

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Why is no one else using Danzig. Like, I totally imagine that there's an evil doppleganger of me that looks like half me, half Danzig.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have no idea what the hell "Danzig" means.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Raxivace posted:

I have no idea what the hell "Danzig" means.

Face the harsh reality that the audience of this show is old enough to be your weird aunt/uncle.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Badooper

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gatekeeper posted:

There's been all the speculation about Richard Horne being the product of Booper assaulting Audrey, and personally I felt it was extremely plausible but by no means certain and perhaps out of sentimentality was leaning more towards this not being the case (I figured maybe Doc was mistaken and Booper was just after the ring). But as soon as Audrey appeared on screen, the whole notion kinda hung over the scene in a really pervasive way for me. Audrey and Cooper's friendship was such a beloved aspect of the show, and Audrey herself had plenty of her dad's characteristics and still managed to have "a romantic nature, a heart that yearns". Then she finally appears in season three and she just seems so frustrated and defeated, in this odd situation that is so far from 1) what she would have wanted and 2) from what anyone would have expected. A few people mentioned that they would have imagined her worst-case scenario being more of a "landed some rich handsome jerk and stuck in a loveless marriage where she has everything except happiness" and that sounded about right to me. Her actual situation, on the surface at least, seems even weirder than that, and sadder too. While there were some really great moments from both Audrey and her husband that made me laugh, I spent most of the legnth of the scene thinking about how Audrey ended up in that situation and what it would mean if Booper really had raped her, resulting in Richard, and eventually leading Audrey to that exact moment. The notion of Diane being similarly attacked was awful, and Diane wasn't even a real character until now, we only knew her from Coop's recordings. We knew Audrey, we saw her and Coop together, we saw what Coop wanted for her. It felt like a really tragic scene that just grew more tense and tragic to me because I couldn't stop considering the notion of Audrey being another one of BOB's victims, where his corruption and decay has continued for another 25 years. I was a little surprised to see people who disliked the scene or specifically thought it went on too long without anything happening. I felt like there was so much happening, even if hindsight I can see that it was mostly taking place in my own head.

I don't think about the dumb thread theories at all when I'm watching the show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You're definitely gonna want to avoid this thread once that theory gets confirmed and I act smug as poo poo for days on end lol

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Escobarbarian posted:

You're definitely gonna want to avoid this thread once that theory gets confirmed and I act smug as poo poo for days on end lol

Are you gonna post an apology every day if it turns out you were wrong?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Twin Peaks Awkward Theories Thread: AND THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
drat dude Audrey looks haggard as poo poo man :( And she still has a young voice which is weird too

Everyone else on the show seemed to age ok, but father time kicked her rear end

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

drat dude Audrey looks haggard as poo poo man :( And she still has a young voice which is weird too

She looks like a normal middle aged woman. She just didn't take the Hollywood route of doing a million cosmetic surgeries to try to stay young. She looks fine.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Yea once you see how Donna 1 turned out, you'll be very appreciative of Sherilyn Fenn.

I too look forward to the Richard daddy reveal when some in this thread are gonna be smug while the others meltdown.

I am gonna take the third bet, that Lynch never tells us so we can argue about this till we all die.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zmej posted:

I am gonna take the third bet, that Lynch never tells us so we can argue about this till we all die.

This is the most likely outcome.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
That episode really tested my patience as well. 11 was so good too

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Zmej posted:

Yea once you see how Donna 1 turned out, you'll be very appreciative of Sherilyn Fenn.

no kidding

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I call evil cooper either evil cooper or mr.c, the latter because that's what the cast calls him

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Twin Peaks Awkward Theories Thread: AND THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

This really should be the thread title; "THE FUCKS ARE AT IT AGAIN" is arguably my favorite 'catchphrase" to come out of season 3.

Some people are wondering why all the Dr. Amp segments are so similar and he's always using the same opening routine with the same props (Dr. Amp, doing the vamp, for liberty and blah blah blah) using the same commercial he always uses (SHOVEL YOURSELF OUT OF THE poo poo!).

I don't know if any of you guys have ever really tried to listen to the Alex Jones radio show, especially in his pre-Obama prime when he could still REALLY shout. But like John Oliver pointed out, literally a quarter or more of his show consists of him hawking his own line of useless overpriced supplements and crap that are supposed to be like miracle vitamins/drugs/food, or whatever. The rest of the time he's basically doing a routine ranting about the same nebulous nonsense he ranted about yesterday and one segment is just as incoherent and liable to go anywhere as the next.

There's also some spoofing of Art Bell/George Noory I think, who have hosted the insane overnight radio show "Coast to Coast AM". Back when I was a teenager just after I got out of high school, I worked the third shift at LL Bean (a major Maine employer) for a few seasons, which was really pretty cool. While I was there I had a little radio device to hook my headphones up to, and I got so totally addicted to listening to this hilarious conspiracy theory show. Noory would his show from inside a cave or from other odd locations, Bell was always "coming to you from the high Nevada desert," etc. And they ALWAYS use the same opening word for word every night, and there's a very strict schedule for all this and exactly when they cut to the first ad. Conservative talk radio does the same stuff - it's always VERY repetitive and the host always tries to personally sell you some crap in a pre-recorded clip they probably want you to think is live.

So uh, I just think Lynch is mocking the hell out these chuckleheads who actually do this for a living.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I would watch an entire episode that's an uncut hour of Dr Amp's show

I'd probably watch it at least twice

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

disjoe posted:

I would watch an entire episode that's an uncut hour of Dr Amp's show

I'd probably watch it at least twice

There wouldn't be enough gold plated shovels in the world to dig out of that lovely episode. Even with two guaranteed coats of paint.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Audrey's still loving hot, the gently caress's wrong with you?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Did this show ever get good, or did it just keep dragging?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

tao of lmao posted:

The Dr Amp scenes kind of freak me out because I'm expecting a woodsman to crush his skull live on the internet.

I actually wonder if any of the original cast will bite it this season. The show hasn't been light on bodies, but so far the old cast has been untouchable.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Professor Shark posted:

The show was always cool

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

It has a good episode once every 4 the rest is like mid season 2

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
in ep 11 cole says to albert right before they go through the chainlink fence at the portal property, 'do you think we'll find one?' 'we'll find out' is the reply. do we know what they were talking about? any guesses? is 'one' just a blue rose case or something more? I think there's more going on with the investigation that we're being made aware of.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
Booper stuck it in Audreys pooper

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Audrey looks like hell imho (way more so than say, Diane, whose actress is around the same age even if the character is probably supposed to be older). Her being aged and charmless is part of the point of the scene, and why it's paired with the equally long and weird scene of Lynch ogling a far younger woman who seems calculated to resemble the young Audrey.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Every cast member is beautiful.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It has a good episode once every 4 the rest is like mid season 2

drat, thanks

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

Every cast member is beautiful.
I'm still confused if Kyle McLachlan is that jacked or if Lynch spent a third of his budget on episode 8, a third on McLachlan's bod touch up, and the rest was spread out. This would explain the effects quality so much.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Booper stuck it in Audreys pooper

Confirmed. Richard is a little poo poo.