Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The intro credits feel so much different since everyone is on Westeros and the camera isn't doing those long panning shots over the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It looked like a hundred or so crossbowmen could easily make poo poo too dangerous for a dragon and his rider.

Yeah even if it's too dangerous for the rider to fight, riding a dragon still gives you a total war style view of the field which is a big deal

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Lionel Richie posted:

I did a little fist pump when Bronn got a shot in on Drogon, and I was all for Jaime on his suicide charge too. I'm not sure I watch this show correctly.

Nah they're definitely the good guys in the scene. The Dothraki making fun of the burning Lannister army to Tyrion while he watches definitely casts Tyrion's botched strategies in a much better light.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Aside from the aggressively bad acting from Missandei and Dany I actually enjoyed this episode (#4).

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

If we are believing the leaked scripts/spoilers and they are true. I read/watched some stuff on Episode 6 already has anyone else seen that?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

People who have watched the next episode(s), tell me which little known characters to pick up on my game of thrones fantasy team (fantasora.com) so I can get some points!

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/04/game-of-thrones-episode-4-leaks-online/

So I guess spoilers will be confirmed/denied earlier than Sunday.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

RCarr posted:

People who have watched the next episode(s), tell me which little known characters to pick up on my game of thrones fantasy team (fantasora.com) so I can get some points!

If the fantasy league counts kills you should pick Danny(or her dragon if that's an option) because she roasts a whole bunch of dudes.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
It's a good episode. Dany calls Tyrion out on his poo poo, the sparring session does indeed own, the two Winterfell guards are a decent comedic duo (wondering if this is an attempt at a callback to Arya trying to enter the Red Keep in S1), and a dragon fucks up an army. It's pretty great.

Also, Davos and Jon were talking and I was just thinking they missed a chance to do a Stannis the Grammarian callback, then they did a Stannis the Grammarian callback like 5 seconds later.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

Also, Davos and Jon were talking and I was just thinking they missed a chance to do a Stannis the Grammarian callback, then they did a Stannis the Grammarian callback like 5 seconds later.

that owned

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
How did Tyrion get from Dragonstone to the Reach :thunk:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Davos is loving horny as gently caress. Asks Jon if he's checked out Dany's boobs, then 5 seconds later, "Speaking of boobs...Missandei hi!"

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Elotana posted:

The battle is in front of KL because reasons.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Elotana posted:

Varys' helicopter

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Episode 4, impressions: Good, will watch on Sunday again.

That boot to Arya's chest.

It must be good for Dothraki moral to ride with a loving dragon.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Elotana posted:

Through the sewers he built under westeros

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

benzine posted:

Episode 4, impressions: Good, will watch on Sunday again.

That boot to Arya's chest.

It must be good for Dothraki moral to ride with a loving dragon.

I'm sure to them it's like a fire-breathing sky horse so sure

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Retardog posted:

Through the sewers he built under westeros

This is how the Night King is gonna get his army around the Wall right

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Have they ever brought 'The stallion that mounts the world' again after babby died?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Good poo poo right there. The battle at the end in particular. I think that's the first time we've seen dragons and also Dothraki in an actual battle.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It looked like a hundred or so crossbowmen could easily make poo poo too dangerous for a dragon and his rider.

im surprised they havent made her a saddle and some armor

havent these fuckers read dragonlance??

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Loved how Littlefinger is talking to Bran, spouting about his loyalty, until Bran calls his bluff.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Where's my leak?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I had a dream last night that I was a commander in the Red Keep as it was besieged by dragons and I was so terrified all I could do was run up and down stairs trying not to get burned.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Where's my leak?

:filez:

Google it yourself

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's not a good time for Jeb!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Where's my leak?

Ague Proof posted:

It's not a good time for Jeb!

Low energy!!!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I found one that's slightly sped up and higher pitched, is that normal?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's the new direction they're taking the show. Everyone else loves it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I think I found a non-sped-up version because it's longer.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

So has there ever been any kind of script or spoiler leak that wasn't real

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yea, I definitely remember a few of the leaks from last season being wrong, but for the most part they were accurate. Probably like 10% weren't correct.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Are you including fake ones because there were a lot from us book nerds back when the show started.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's all the rage with the kids these days.

This episode is actually good, that's cool.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Elotana posted:

Probably rode a horse there. Maybe a carriage.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What on Earth was the point of Qyburn hyping up the ballista when it ended up being totally worthless?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What on Earth was the point of Qyburn hyping up the ballista when it ended up being totally worthless?

Imagine if he had more than one of them built. That dragon would've been dead

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Now that Drogon's loving enormous, Dany riding him looks really cool.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Poor Meera :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah this is where the conspicuously absent budget from the last three episodes went.

Lloyd Boner posted:

The Dothraki making fun of the burning Lannister army to Tyrion while he watches definitely casts Tyrion's botched strategies in a much better light.

Absolutely. The burning hellscape of dragon fire mixed with Dothraki laughing as they mow down fleeing stragglers drove home what Tyrion was trying to accomplish more so than any amount of dialogue could. Tyrion's way was hard, and it ended up being botched, but it was the right way, because the second Dany unleashes this poo poo on a city full of innocents she's little more than a butcher.

• Locked thread