Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

If you don't want to pick up the Rainmaker play something else for 2 hours. Please

I think the game should make a better effort to convey how the game mode works and what you're supposed to do. Its really frustrating to lose a match in 30 seconds, watch your meter crack, and have no idea what you should have done better. They have tips and tricks for Salmon Run when you lose, why isn't that in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Well there's a rules option on the lobby menu but I've never checked to see if it's helpful

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
On a similar note I was bored loafing around the main square today and found those really awesome and detailed sheets about Salmon Run detailing all the bosses and modes and even a bunch of stupid rear end lore that I loving love. I wish they'd do something like that for the Ranked modes once you reach level 10.

Evil Eagle posted:

Well there's a rules option on the lobby menu but I've never checked to see if it's helpful
It's not really. It's extremely basic and doesn't really explain much.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

you are supposed to run by yourself directly towards the objective and get repeatedly splatted in a revolving conga line with three other c- scrubs

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

P-Mack posted:

you are supposed to run by yourself directly towards the objective and get repeatedly splatted in a revolving conga line with three other c- scrubs
Bonus points if you jump to your teammate who's down 3-1 in the middle of the map and immediately get splatted, and then do the exact same thing 5 more times.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It tells you what you need to do to win. You can also hit - to enter a empty game on the map in that ruleset to see where the objectives and paths are laid out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

It tells you what you need to do to win. You can also hit - to enter a empty game on the map in that ruleset to see where the objectives and paths are laid out

this is helpful, thank ya

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I normally like looking at the little miiverse drawings when I get on each day but over the last few days 80-90% of the ones that show up are furry crap. What went wrong?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I normally like looking at the little miiverse drawings when I get on each day but over the last few days 80-90% of the ones that show up are furry crap. What went wrong?

splatoon is epic now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Since the new miiverse is actually just a Twitter front end people post a lot of memes to get retweets upvotes etc instead of the purity of the miiverse. I also saw a lot of undertale fan art

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

somebody made a post that was like "I don't want to see any more furry art" and it ignited a race war

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Since the new miiverse is actually just a Twitter front end people post a lot of memes to get retweets upvotes etc instead of the purity of the miiverse. I also saw a lot of undertale fan art

:(

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

incredible, i start playing with a team that stays in the splat zones and suddenly we're winning

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

and now i'm back to playing on the same team as people with holes in their brains

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Getting a "connection error" with 3 seconds left until you win the ranked match feels an awful lot like the host just happened to rage quit.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

someone posted something about not liking furry art which became a meme and now people are posting lots of furry art and/or holding their own furry vs no-furry meta-splatfest

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the first week of OG Splatoon was a shitload of Bush Did 9/11

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

someone posted something about not liking furry art which became a meme and now people are posting lots of furry art and/or holding their own furry vs no-furry meta-splatfest

what a surprise splatoon fans are furries

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anyway I bought splatoon 2. I didn't want to but 3 of my friends bought switches with splatoon 2 and we're gonna sit together in a living room and play together

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm not playing salmon run with randoms anymore. 1-hour losing streak with idiots who can't focus on the bosses was enough for me

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've won more often with randoms in Salmon Run than when I party with bros fwiw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive only been able to play when salmon runs open once, fck the guy who said it should be time limited

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
also I wish salmon run gave rank exp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Japanese splatfest has started and team mayo really is white ink.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Glad I went with ketchup now so I get to be sprayed with white ink

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

this is going to loving rule

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I can't believe they found even four people who'd pick mayo

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
my friends list is 1:3 mayo:ketchup

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mine is currently 1:1 perfectly even

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

4:5, ths is way more even than i thought

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that's actually off-white as anyone can see

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the sploosh-o-matic weapon is coming tonight or tomorrow, as well

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

1:4.5

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

the sploosh-o-matic weapon is coming tonight or tomorrow, as well

the sploosh o matic is already out gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No that's the splash o matic

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ha ha, how foolish you look now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

the sploosh o matic is already out gamer
is it, motherfucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I just received this as a gift and I'm currently installing, can't wait to get my splatussy wet~

Please add me as a friend: 2102-5176-9435

• Locked thread