Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

Nah, technically possible levels that kill you instantly without warning are not what Mario is about

Pretty sure "In the spirit with which it was intended Maker" isn't coming out any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Mister Facetious posted:

They already did; it's called being required to beat your own level before posting it online.

So uh, git gud?

git gud at psychically finding the invisible block containing a invincibility star only the level maker knows the location of that is necessary to beat the level

Mario Maker was fun as poo poo but a lot of people made lovely levels that were impossible unless you looked at them in the editor.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A curation system would probably work. Have some underlings vet a dozen or so levels every week and add them to a playlist.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

creationist believer posted:

git gud at psychically finding the invisible block containing a invincibility star only the level maker knows the location of that is necessary to beat the level

Mario Maker was fun as poo poo but a lot of people made lovely levels that were impossible unless you looked at them in the editor.

If you don't have the patience for simple trial and error puzzles, maybe you should play something easier.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I was just gifted a Switch and it's been sitting for a week because I either have the equivalent game on Wii U, PC, or the game came out 4 years ago and is dirt cheap elsewhere.

What the heck do I get, guys? I'm about to trade in my Wii U copy of BoTW for a Switch one, because I really don't have many other ideas. I might get Shovel Knight as well, despite having a 3DS copy.

E: Autocorrect.

azurite fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 4, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

azurite posted:

I was just gifted a Switch and it's been sitting for a week because I either have the equivalent game on Wii U, PC, or the game came out 4 years ago and is dirt cheap elsewhere.

What the heck do I get, guys? I'm about to trade in my Wii U copy of BoTW for a Switch one, because I really don't have many other ideas. I might get Shovel Night as well, despite having a 3DS copy.

Get Splatoon 2.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Get Isaac, Spla2n, and Thumper. Turf Masters is also cool and good.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Tumbleseed update is live, along with a 33% discount.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

azurite posted:

What the heck do I get, guys? I'm about to trade in my Wii U copy of BoTW for a Switch one, because I really don't have many other ideas. I might get Shovel Night as well, despite having a 3DS copy.

Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

azurite posted:

Based on your avatar, you should get Sonic Mania on Switch.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I would if it was out. I pre-ordered for PC, but I'm definitely re-buying for Switch.

Thanks for the suggestions!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

Pretty sure "In the spirit with which it was intended Maker" isn't coming out any time soon.

That was literally the point of the post you replied to. It's feasible to corral bullshit stages into a terrible design ghetto. Stuff will still get through, but it will make actually playing random stages a much better experience.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

azurite posted:

You're in a rare boat that you owned Wii U so yeah check out the eshop as some of them are fun and if you're like a lot of us going forward you'll rather get the Switch version of an indy game instead of the PC so you can be all portable with it.

Play on the toilet more too

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

play Thumper on an aeroplane, night flight, during turbulence and experience some Feelings

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

well why not posted:

play Thumper on an aeroplane, night flight, during turbulence and experience some Feelings

This would be the first (and only) youtube reaction video I would ever click on.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

whaley posted:

Maybe Nintendo will figure out a way to relegate the completely worthless levels to the idiot corner

They did. They called it "Super Expert".

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There are so few good levels in Super Expert that some of my runs through that mode involved clearing the same level more than once.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why are people upset on Twitter about white and red paint coming in Splatoon2?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

people on Twitter are always upset, it's the default setting of that site the internet

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norns posted:

Why are people upset on Twitter about white and red paint coming in Splatoon2?

Because it's not white, it's a dirty garbage beige that is actually fitting for the garbage condiment it represents #teamketchup

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mix them both and get frysauce

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The red and white ink looks like... you know what... you know....

(each ink colour looks like the condiment it represents and people's minds are going to gross places for no reason)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Blood and cum. got it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can I get a hamburger with cum, hold the blood, thanks

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok like I don't know if there's something wrong with my diet or the calibration on my monitor but I'm pretty loving sure the screenshots I've seen are beige white, not cum white

[Edit: oh god this post is going straight to the goons.txt Twitter isn't it]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am out of time to order a power bank before I fly to Europe this weekend. Are there any retail locations that would have a good Anker I could get this afternoon?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Did someone say Stardew?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nintendo should fund a Bayo 3 so we can get Bayo 1 + 2 + 3 on Switch and people will get mad again like before with Bayo 2

Also I miss my Switch very much waiting on repairs and getting it sent back to me

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah the white is a pale yellow if your cum looks like that please get your dick fixed

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Did someone say Stardew?

No

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Did someone say Stardew?

No sorry only cum talk

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Did someone say Stardew?

You mean other than you 999 times?

Yes.

But it's still not coming out.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I am out of time to order a power bank before I fly to Europe this weekend. Are there any retail locations that would have a good Anker I could get this afternoon?
If it's an international flight it should have outlets on the seats.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

You mean other than you 999 times?

Yes.

But it's still not coming out.

The cum? Has it been longer than four hours?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

If it's an international flight it should have outlets on the seats.

Yeah, but no guarantee they function or will hold the plug.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Most major airports have electronic accessory vending machines where you can buy chargers for the convenient price of 8+ times more than Amazon.

Check seatguru.com or similar sites to look up your flight and see if there's in seat power.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The ink colours look a lot like marinara and mozzarella. Turning that stage into a big ol' margherita pizza.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can we stop talking about cum now and start talking about spraying ink all over each other until we explode instead?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

Yeah, but no guarantee they function or will hold the plug.

Yeah this. I've been on more flights where the plug was totally hosed then ones where it worked.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Dugong posted:

Tumbleseed update is live, along with a 33% discount.
It'll be fun to try this out again, though if I read the patch notes correctly they didn't change how falling in a hole can cost multiple hearts worth of damage and how any damage causes all thornvines to instantly fall off so, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The cum? Has it been longer than four hours?

It will be during Splatfest.

Going to make it to Cum Queen for sure!

• Locked thread