Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It's horrible that any club would waste more money on average players than Man U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
im glad that now neymar is the undisputed biggest transfer ever that we no longer have to guess whether he was also previously the biggest transfer ever including the billions of pounds paid to his dad

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'd like to think he'll lose form and be a flop at psg but he's going to be insanely good as always. Wonder when he'll move to Man City.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Oh he'll flop alright... *Americans in the audience start whooping and hollering*

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

vyelkin posted:

im glad that now neymar is the undisputed biggest transfer ever that we no longer have to guess whether he was also previously the biggest transfer ever including the billions of pounds paid to his dad

Does it count as the biggest transfer ever if he was a free agent?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Josh Onomah on loan to Aston Villa is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/893426374316367872

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I know Barca/La Liga are whiny bitches and all, but why is a La Liga president investigating a country buying a player, and not UEFA/FIFA?

Is it just accepted as normal now?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I know Barca/La Liga are whiny bitches and all, but why is a La Liga president investigating a country buying a player, and not UEFA/FIFA?

Is it just accepted as normal now?

Qatar has the World Cup in 2022, something FIFA authorized so I'm pretty sure they don't give a poo poo about what Qatar does.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Akileese posted:

Qatar has the World Cup in 2022, something FIFA authorized so I'm pretty sure they don't give a poo poo about what Qatar does.

if Platini were still in charge La Liga would have zero chance at any kind of favour from UEFA

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atletidekolkata/status/893450075237564416

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Woodenlung posted:

That new avatar name combination, that Neymar got on Steam.

Lol, good lad

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Milan came up with the money to guarantee registration for Biglia and Bonucci, so they are clear to play.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Newcastle have had a bid rejected by Stoke for Joselu according to the local paper. It'd be a bit daft to sell him seeing as though he is the only one that is scoring for us right now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
local papers here are saying its only an enquiry. considering his poo poo record i'd rather newcastle try and sign someone else

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

This makes it look like he has a hand puppet of himself

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Boyhood team?

Though I'm sad he didn't sign for Birmingham :(

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

Milan came up with the money to guarantee registration for Biglia and Bonucci, so they are clear to play.

That's probably a good sign for the future

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Has this transfer market exposed United's financial limitations?

I know its hard to compete financially with the oil clubs but it seems like in this summer the gap has widened significantly. With PSG willing to destroy the world record for Neymar and City seemingly willing to buy Mbappe and the PL title, all fees quoted that dwarf our massive outlay on Lukaku. Woodward's statement that we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of seem more foolish and hollow now. I'm quite happy with Jose building the team the way he wants it, I just wonder if other clubs having more clout will hurt us down the road. :ohdear:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Does anyone think it will kill enthusiasm for the sport if it's literally just the few oil clubs running everything from now on with even the other historically bigger clubs having little chance to win titles?

Probably not, but maybe if it did they'd start forcing caps on clubs based on values or something to push a competitive angle again.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Bring in the super league imo. Let all the rich oil clubs gently caress off to their euro super league idea, that'd be ace

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

PirateBob posted:

I know its hard to compete financially with the oil clubs but it seems like in this summer the gap has widened significantly. With PSG willing to destroy the world record for Neymar and City seemingly willing to buy Mbappe and the PL title, all fees quoted that dwarf our massive outlay on Lukaku. Woodward's statement that we can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of seem more foolish and hollow now. I'm quite happy with Jose building the team the way he wants it, I just wonder if other clubs having more clout will hurt us down the road. :ohdear:

it has certainly exposed your insanely bad posting

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yeah I didn't think it could get much worse but that is an amazing post.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
According to BBC gossip this morning Monaco want Sanchez for £45m now Mbappe has said he wants to leave, the only way I see that happening is if they sell Wengy Lemar.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

PirateBob posted:

Why are you comparing Utd to good teams?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

PirateBob posted:

It must be awful to only be able to pay £90 million for a decent striker :smith:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

According to BBC gossip this morning Monaco want Sanchez for £45m now Mbappe has said he wants to leave, the only way I see that happening is if they sell Wengy Lemar.

There are also stories about Monaco being in for Ghezzal from Lyon, apparently to replace Lemar.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
teams should buy whoever Dortmund, Atletico, and Monaco are in for. they nearly always buy well.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Probably not, but maybe if it did they'd start forcing caps on clubs based on values or something to push a competitive angle again.
Probably not feasible since oil money is a driver of club value. City was valued at $191m in 2010; now they're valued at $2.1bn.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Strawman posted:

It must be awful to only be able to pay £90 million for a decent striker :smith:

For a brief time, we looked like the moneybags of football, largely because we had the poorest squad of all the wealthy clubs. I think it's fair to say we have fell down the pecking order. There is no way we would sanction deals the size of Mbappe's let alone Neymar. I think it's worth pointing out that our best paid players are on less than half of what Real, Barca and now PSGs are. We are a for-profit enterprise. We cannot compete with charities and sugar daddy playtoys. :smithicide:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

PirateBob posted:

For a brief time, we looked like the moneybags of football, largely because we had the poorest squad of all the wealthy clubs. I think it's fair to say we have fell down the pecking order. There is no way we would sanction deals the size of Mbappe's let alone Neymar. I think it's worth pointing out that our best paid players are on less than half of what Real, Barca and now PSGs are. We are a for-profit enterprise. We cannot compete with charities and sugar daddy playtoys. :smithicide:

SAF wouldn't have needed Neymar

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Neymar can't handle a cold wet night in stoke anyway

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
"For a brief time" loving lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

inflated transfer fees will last as long as it takes for PSG to fail to win the Champions League with Neymar

I know they've continued to rise but there is a limit, and while we'll never get back to the days when Jean-Pierre Papin was a world-record transfer at 4 million pounds or whatever, I can't see too many more 222M transfers in the future

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wtf piratbob

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Neytard was the 4th best player at Barca and is basically Robinho with a better publicist. Fact.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Some great pics on that website

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Gylfi's gone.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

He's just saying what all the other United supporters are too scared to post, imho

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

What the gently caress is going on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Martin Caceres to Hellas looks done

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/893544297949212672

• Locked thread