Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I think Gaius could have been more interesting if they had an angle with him where actually Nord is being super oppressed and I have a huge chip on my shoulder about even having to be here, Though who knows with erebonia going annex crazy i doubt Nord is gonna be in a good state come CS3.

That's gonna be one of the more exciting parts of CS3 because now all these characters from Sky and Zero/Ao who have always viewed Erebonia as "the evil empire" are gonna actually be in it interacting with the natives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zaggitz posted:

I think Gaius could have been more interesting if they had an angle with him where actually Nord is being super oppressed and I have a huge chip on my shoulder about even having to be here, Though who knows with erebonia going annex crazy i doubt Nord is gonna be in a good state come CS3.

That's gonna be one of the more exciting parts of CS3 because now all these characters from Sky and Zero/Ao who have always viewed Erebonia as "the evil empire" are gonna actually be in it interacting with the natives.

I'm only past the morning half of the first free day of CS1 but I really need tiny senpai to run into Tita.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

havenwaters posted:

I'm only past the morning half of the first free day of CS1 but I really need tiny senpai to run into Tita.

good news

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Game of the Year right here.

Towa is asking Tita if Agate's a friend of hers and Angelica is calling Tita an angel.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Whoever voiced Duke Cayenne absolutely nailed the smug rich rear end in a top hat persona.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Whoever voiced Duke Cayenne absolutely nailed the smug rich rear end in a top hat persona.

Yeah, his performance was amazing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Ray Chase. Mostly known for his role as Noctis.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Which is funny because he says he prefers to avoid "good guy" roles. He's closer to Artorius from Berseria and Fernand from Fire Emblem Echoes.

He's also Piccolo, which makes it funnier fighting him.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Will Tita be getting her satellite laser in CS3?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
gently caress Gespenst.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Danann posted:

Will Tita be getting her satellite laser in CS3?

Presumably? No reason she wouldn't.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

http://store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

yes

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

The requirements seem unusually high given the age of the game - particularly the CPU ones. Then again, they're hardly unbearable, just a little more than I expected. Glad to see it being all lovely smooth 60fps in any case.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ports of Japanese games tend to overstate their requirements, if I recall.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Man, this month too huh? That's pretty quick. And pretty clever since Ys VIII is set to come out early September so Ys Seven already being out will mean that most folks who visit the former's store page will see the latter under "related games", which will undoubtedly help compensate for XSeed's limited marketing budget.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ys seven at 60fps solves like all of my issues right there so i'm jumping on this poo poo as soon as possible, especially if getting it and zwei 2 means even a remote chance of getting nayuta on pc some day

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Is Xanadu Next any good? Been thinking about it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tallgeese posted:

there's some really cool stuff about it but it takes a couple hours to get going

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

Its soundtrack certainly is.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a fun game

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You really have to redo the pillar section every time you die against the final boss? It's almost impossible to die on it, what's the point.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Pillar part's fine, just put up Genesic Barrier and blast them with magic while Richard does his thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All he's doing is spam Air Cleaver and I can't do anything because I didn't magically know I had to protect against Faint. Could go back and rectify that if I felt like fighting three bosses over again, one who I barely beat.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 5, 2017

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I bowled over all 4 of the final bosses, what are your levels/orbments/what difficulty are you playing on

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Once I knew your party picks/setup at the start was going to persist for all 4 battles, I loaded up my main 3rd party with accessories to negate all debuffs/ailments as much as was feasible. I think I had just enough for four folks.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Hivac posted:

I bowled over all 4 of the final bosses, what are your levels/orbments/what difficulty are you playing on

I just barely beat him, but my other two party members were Estelle and Joshua because I thought it was appropriate. My plan after seeing what he could do was to have Kevin use attack magic and Grail Sphere while at 200 (he had the Bandana), and throw in one of his spear moves once he changed weaknesses if I felt safe enough. I hosed up and forgot to change his S-Break off the second one, but I think that actually worked out somewhat since it one shots the Grimoires who you do not want to let do anything. Estelle was on Earth Wall duty and Joshua buffed and casted. Ries was basically just a CP battery - I thought she might contribute with physical attacks, but she wasn't capable of dealing much damage on her own. Setting her up as another Earth Waller would probably have made it a sure thing, but I'm stubborn.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I actually ran the same comp but Estelle was on S Break duty and I was earth walling with Kevin with a Cast 3. Ries was on backup support, used Joshua for general damage and aoe for pillars.

Granted I also used the broke as gently caress consumables which drown you in CP so I basically cheated

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
If you carry over data from CS1 to 2, beat it, and start a NG+ on 2, do you still get the bonuses from beating 1?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

If you carry over data from CS1 to 2, beat it, and start a NG+ on 2, do you still get the bonuses from beating 1?

You should have options for both CS1 and CS2 clear data when you load the completed save.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Whenever you start a new game on CS2, it'll check for a CS1 completed save, so yes, if you start a NG+ game, it'll carry over the CS1 stuff.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/SaraJLeen/status/893934355722252288

Neat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/SaraJLeen/status/894010700053524480

GOOOOOOOO

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
oh rad, I'm in the middle of playing sky sc right now. :getin:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh man, one thing is for sure, Ao No Kiseki does not skimp on buildup. I'm coming up to the end of chapter 2 and... I just can't wait to dive right in.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ you should continue to post reactions :getin:

3rd's beta patch is out. Right click on it in steam and choose DX9 beta, which has a separate config program. Sounds like FC and SC are coming tomorrow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So what does changing the engine do?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

heard it improves performance for some people

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I am posting my playthrough on youtube with some awful english voiceover so if you want to get spoiled about what happens... well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ma8N2sXRI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Tae posted:

So what does changing the engine do?

Improves performance on some systems and allows Nvidia Optimus rigs to use their dedicated GPU. Nvidia deprecated support for DX8 on Optimus rigs at the driver level quite a while back, forcing Optimus users to use Intel for DX8 games.

Trails in the Sky were the only Falcom games on Steam/etc. without a DX9 graphics engine available as things were. Now it won't have to do without, either. I'm just hoping the DX9 engine will work well. This is my first time doing a conversion of that nature.