Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

I was just in consecutive queues in ranked where someone banned Janna, what the gently caress

I ban her every game where the duty to ban Cho isn't hoisted onto me. She's just too strong in her role at the moment and, worse, she makes botlane miserably dull unless I have a rock solid ADC with some early game presence like Jhin or Lucian with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

40% of lulu players try to max q, miss skillshots and shove the wave, and have a lovely shield once the lumberjack comes to punish... or max w and are useless fuckers

30% of e maxing lulu players lose for unrelated reasons

"if you were a good adc you would be able to stop my Q from loving the minion wave up somehow" :byodame:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
By op.gg's data every combination of her skills has 60+% win rate so I think something in their data analysis is hosed up v:shobon:v

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Had an S+ Kha'Zix game tonight in a ranked, one step closer to Mastery Six.

This is Silver, so I basically just got mega fed running around killing people standing in dumb spots

Only registered members can see post attachments!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shoutout to the level 13 Nautilus without a sightstone.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
who needs sightstone when you've got 4 unupgraded trnkets anyways?

also I'm the midlaner ori with the lowest gold and levels in the game

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I still ban Yas every game. It's just involuntary at this point.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I had another S game immediately afterwards which we sadly lost. Yay Mastery Six Bugman!

I have been having a lot more success now that I usually Evolve Wings at six and rush Hydra instead of a lethality item.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The downside: I'm no longer a part of Teemo's Emissaries. :smith:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rolled Tahm Kench last night from champion shards. I love him. The ability to just pick up a team mate and run away with him is wonderful.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Honestly, I've been saying it tongue-in-cheek this entire time, but I really do think support Lux is pretty good in solo queue. It's not even her shield or her pick potential that makes me like playing her, but her ability to scout. Check this out:

This is not an uncommon scenario. We'd just pushed down mid after a teamfight and took their inhib, but had to back immediately after. Luc's blue trinket is on cooldown. I have a single ward on the left side monitoring blue, so I'm reasonably confident they're not coming up from that side, and since they've just respawned and mid inhib is down, I'm reasonably confident they're not going to have been able to rotate all the way up top lane and down into river. I need to gain vision control of Baron so that we can push our advantage, but the enemy team has Blitz and Jarvan, and I'm 100% dead if any of them are in those bushes.

With Final Spark, I get a giant lane of vision going down the brush, passing through the two major pick bushes in river and extending all the way to the three-way brush between blue/wolves. This gives me the confidence to move forwards and ward that side, using Lucent Singularity to monitor anyone incoming from mid left brush. If I was any other support, I'd basically be crossing my fingers and hoping Blitz/J4 are too slow and poorly coordinated to make it up to the brush to try and ensure we don't snag Baron away. It's a nice bit of insurance that no one else really brings to the table.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Support Lux's soloQ winrate after the shield buff
Bronze: 50%
Silver 48%
Gold <47%
Plat+ <46%

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People have argued in favour of Ashe support ever since season 1 based entirely around hawkshot's vision dominance and the pick potential of ECA.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Fun thing also I just noticed while browsing stat sites

Janna pickrate:

Plat+ 19%
Gold 12%
Silver 7%
Bronze 3%

(She's sitting at #1 in winrate at ~56% in bronze and silver as well)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Addamere posted:

People have argued in favour of Ashe support ever since season 1 based entirely around hawkshot's vision dominance and the pick potential of ECA.

It's been playable forever, but I could see it being especially decent with coin

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Had an S+ Kha'Zix game tonight in a ranked, one step closer to Mastery Six.

This is Silver, so I basically just got mega fed running around killing people standing in dumb spots

XxsoulXreaperxX

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recall a brief moment in season 6 when streamers were playing Ezreal support and I wonder how that would look with new coin.

Sexpansion posted:

It's been playable forever, but I could see it being especially decent with coin

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

iSurrender posted:

Support Lux's soloQ winrate after the shield buff
Bronze: 50%
Silver 48%
Gold <47%
Plat+ <46%

It rose by a good 2-3% per tier, which ain't bad. Buffs can't completely compensate for the fact that she's still really hard to play effectively and that people still build her like Zyra or Brand instead of taking advantage of how ridiculously strong her shield is and how good Ardent Censer is.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

just an fyi ashe support is good because your slows apply bond of stone and bond of stone applies ardent, which is the best item in the game

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

just an fyi ashe support is good because your slows apply bond of stone and bond of stone applies ardent, which is the best item in the game

You mean Stoneborn Pact

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

bond of stone applies ardent

lol

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New champion is a Horn that floats around on the rift making little hills

Just a big loving horn that floats

http://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/region/freljord/?mv=freljord-song

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

You mean Stoneborn Pact

sure wahtever it is

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

iSurrender posted:

Fun thing also I just noticed while browsing stat sites

Janna pickrate:

Plat+ 19%
Gold 12%
Silver 7%
Bronze 3%

(She's sitting at #1 in winrate at ~56% in bronze and silver as well)

"you cant win supporting your bad teammates in bronze, you have to play a full damage carry support"

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e47AEBnu9SQ

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's been a while since we got a Freljorn champion.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

It's been a while since we got a Freljorn champion.

I actually looked this up and yeah, last Freljord hero was Braum which I think was 4 years ago. Only major region (not counting Mount Targon or Bandle City) with a longer gap is Demacia which was Lucian.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Lucian doesn't feel like a Demacian champ at all, especially compared to every other affiliated except for Shyvana

e: I guess he doesn't stick out anymore than Vayne does. The rest of them are kind of army/royal champions.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also I noticed Xayah, Rakan and Kayn are all Ionian heroes and gently caress if you're gonna do 3 heroes in a row from the same region make it a cool one like Shurima or Zaun.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

njsykora posted:

Also I noticed Xayah, Rakan and Kayn are all Ionian heroes and gently caress if you're gonna do 3 heroes in a row from the same region make it a cool one like Shurima or Zaun.

ionia is the 'gently caress it, whatever' land

it was fake asia but that doesn't seem to be it anymore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

every country is the gently caress it, whatever land

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Voxx posted:

ionia is the 'gently caress it, whatever' land

it was fake asia but that doesn't seem to be it anymore
It's full of furries so it's still japan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ornn the horn, sure why not

Pentakill is decent. There's better power metal out there but it's pretty good for a dumb video game tie in.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

njsykora posted:

The only thing I need from Zaun now is a Dr. Mundo rework/update.

I already have Twitch, Warwick and new Urgot to keep my Zaun bed warm.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Considering back when they did the Freljord update with Lissandra/Sej/Ashe they made like a third of the roster hail from Stupid Ice World so yeah explains avoiding making another character from there

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So.. I've played this game since it's release and know all it's in's and out's, but a thought crossed my mind and I don't know the answer to it.

Do % health damaging effects change based on shielded health?

If you drop a 1000 HP shield on a guy with 1000 HP, will a 10% max health shred take off 100 or 200?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So.. I've played this game since it's release and know all it's in's and out's, but a thought crossed my mind and I don't know the answer to it.

Do % health damaging effects change based on shielded health?

If you drop a 1000 HP shield on a guy with 1000 HP, will a 10% max health shred take off 100 or 200?

Shields are not HP, and % HP effects scale based on... HP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hey we just figured out why shielding is so idiotically good who knew. because there is literally nothing you can do to shred shields.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

rabidsquid posted:

there is literally nothing you can do to shred shields.

Uh, more damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

hey we just figured out why shielding is so idiotically good who knew. because there is literally nothing you can do to shred shields.

Urgot ult!!!

• Locked thread