Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh no I caught up now I have to wait. :(

don't forget, you're here forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

do it for her

but with dolphin pics instead of that spikey headed western anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

araki pics

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They're going to hate it and call it a shark jumping moment like a lot of people do

That's weird because while it's dumb and nonsensical it isn't crazier than anything else in Jojo.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Viz blu ray set came in and just the box itself and box contents are quite nice, I'll watch a few episodes tonight. I wanna see Kars slaughter some Nazis :love:

I also got the bandai Okuyasu purse charm and it's super cute. no one is allowed to laugh at me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

That's weird because while it's dumb and nonsensical

:thunk:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I fail to see the issue, I mean I see what he was going for but I don't think he thought it through.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh hell yeah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I fail to see the issue, I mean I see what he was going for but I don't think he thought it through.

What's nonsensical and dumb about it tho

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It was Araki saying "I'm done with this continuity and want to work on something else", and I can't really blame him after like 20 years of doing the same thing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

What's nonsensical and dumb about it tho

Just about everything regarding how Made in Heaven comes to exist and how it enacts Pucci's strange Utopia based on a Vampire's definition of gravity from like 30 years ago.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just about everything regarding how Made in Heaven comes to exist and how it enacts Pucci's strange Utopia based on a Vampire's definition of gravity from like 30 years ago.

Oh that okay

I thought he was specifically talking about the made in heaven fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Pucci reciting the words to control the baby was really bad.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

EmmyOk posted:

Pucci reciting the words to control the baby was really bad.

uh no it was good cause some of the magic words were related to the beetles yellow temperance ate

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I would really like to hear directly from Araki what his process was for deciding on those words and how DIO would have come up with the idea. I mean, from a story perspective, I can totally believe the stone mask gifting people with an almost supernatural intelligence, a way to think on a dimensional level above what everyone else is thinking, but I just wanna know if Araki picked random words out of a hat or what

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I think the canonical explanation is that they're words from a song/story DIO's mother sang him as a child, which just raises further questions.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

When's the OVA gonna get ripped and subbed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's Jojo. It's already ripped. 💪

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

its p weird if you think mih is the dumb tipping point after you've just read an entire part about how a 15 year old boy becomes the mafia king of italy because he doesn't like smackheads

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

its p weird if you think mih is the dumb tipping point after you've just read an entire part about how a 15 year old boy becomes the mafia king of italy because he doesn't like smackheads

I think the issue they're having is the logic of it. There's a clear line of logic between "Doesn't like drugs --> Becomes mafia boss to get rid of drug trade."

Not much logic in "find a stand that can resurrect dead people, have it use its ability on a piece of me, this will give birth to a green baby that needs a certain number of people sacrificed to it, then you can say a random nonsense string of words to the baby in order to fuse with it and gain the power to achieve Heaven, which is when you live in a world where everybody knows their place and knows everything that will happen to them so that they can truly understand and be at one with fate."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if anything I wished JoJo got MORE conceptual

like I love Part 7 to death but just for a sec imagine if Araki just went full tilt into his idea of Gravity and Fate and Heaven

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Reports out of Japan are saying that the Part 4 movie is....good!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah, and famitsu gave all star battle a perfect score. I ain't convinced

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

C-Moon is way cooler than Whitesnake or Made In Heaven.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think Famitsu being lovely is a good reason to discount any positive reception anything gets ever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm waiting for the dub

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'll wait for jojo's bizarre adventure part 4: diamond is unbreakable: the movie: the game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

is there going to be a japanese graphic novel adaptation?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i'm waiting for the dub

i'm waiting for the spanish dub

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
i'm waiting for the japanese dub

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im waiting for an english subbed .mp4 file, either dm me or hit my line if you got it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm waiting for Duwang.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Waiting for Duwang, a tragicomedy in two acts

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

i'm waiting for the dub

Inflammatory posted:

i'll wait for jojo's bizarre adventure part 4: diamond is unbreakable: the movie: the game.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i'm waiting for the spanish dub

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

i'm waiting for the japanese dub

Moltrey posted:

im waiting for an english subbed .mp4 file, either dm me or hit my line if you got it

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm waiting for Duwang.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm not actually going to watch it because it'll be dogger

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

What beautiful CGI *chews scenery*

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

i'm not actually going to watch it because it'll be dogger

I don't know what a dogger is but i will see it next week and I bet it's not that thing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

C-Moon is way cooler than Whitesnake or Made In Heaven.

Yeah it ruled extremely hard

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

C-Moon is a very good fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Yeah C-Moon is really good. I liked when Whitesnake had a gun though