Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Does the decline in thread traffic mean the servers are stable now? I'm about 60 minutes away from being able to play :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Does the decline in thread traffic mean the servers are stable now? I'm about 60 minutes away from being able to play :woop:

Game is great right now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wafflecopper posted:

yeah its been solid since they said they fixed it

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Didn't pay attention to the beta at all and popping into this game after a while.

I like the fact that the streamlined a bunch of act 3. That felt much less annoying to run through. Just about to get to the new acts, so looking forward to that.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Oh my

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Did someone say :black101:?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

game is good

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
guild invite please fellas if its not full yet

current char name: Fartbinger

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012
Be honest, you only want to join the guild so you could post your name ITT

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
guilty :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there no way to find out how much % life you have from the passive tree, save adding up the nodes yourself?

Also, this mini map system owns.

prince_kahleeb
Jul 14, 2004
Hoping for a guild invite if there is room. Character name I am currently running:

DaenerysTargaryenGOT

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
The guild is full. There will likely be more room soon. See Sky13lazer for details.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there no way to find out how much % life you have from the passive tree, save adding up the nodes yourself?

Import your tree (log in on PoE site, character -> Passive Tree, copy URL) into something like Path of Building (aka "Single Player, Offline PoE").

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wiltsghost posted:

Game is great right now.

It's really the best ARPG out right now, drat.

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013
drat forums going down every time I try to check out a starter build for this league.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb

CMvan46 posted:

drat forums going down every time I try to check out a starter build for this league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ujktpxSnmY

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I play this on and off every time there's a new league, but always burn out having to go through the game three times and so I've never actually gotten to endgame. With the new structure I'm looking forward to actually doing some Maps and whatever other exciting stuff there is to do! The map changes are loving awesome, no more having to run around desperately searching for the waypoints.

CMvan46
Oct 7, 2013

Ah perfect that works. I've only played half a season of Legacy so I'm still quite clueless on making my own stuff up just yet. Thanks

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Bardeh posted:

I play this on and off every time there's a new league, but always burn out having to go through the game three times and so I've never actually gotten to endgame. With the new structure I'm looking forward to actually doing some Maps and whatever other exciting stuff there is to do! The map changes are loving awesome, no more having to run around desperately searching for the waypoints.

The sewers change is a loving godsend.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0jM-vu3QI

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Bardeh posted:

Everyone was experiencing this kind of burn out in some way or another. Myself, I couldn't possibly level more then one character a league it was so drat repetitive. Really liking the changes ive experienced thus far. My only criticism is I wish they put more work into altering the tree. For example, I really like projectile attacks, like bows, and I don't mind like; but, i absolutely will not make another bow ranger that follows the same exact path and struggles to get 200% life while just grabbing the important bow clusters.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why does a 25 megabyte patch take over 5 minutes to install?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bardeh posted:

Game's assets are stored in a single archive. That causes Steam patches to take forever.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Bardeh posted:

25? The patch is 79.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can this league be renamed to smurfs? Fighting some blue mobs once or twice per zone so far is greatly engaging.

Edit: No wait it's Smurfinger

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 5, 2017

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Do I need to have all 8 slots for skills?

I'd prefer not to have to gimp my character just to use space to move instead of the left mouse button.

PoE is basically about spamming a primary skill and/or using a movement skill to get around. You might not have a button for every single aura you want to run but once you toggle it on the first time you're good for the session.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

I mean, it still requires a six link to do at all, but yeah, skeleton mages works now, it's strong.

Better than normal skeletons? I'm planning on doing them with spectres and a queen's escape. What gem links do you do for them?

Also apparently Dark Pact can PK your party members

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So, this is my first time playing this, and I am following this build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931084

Couple of questsions
1. It feels like i cant find any item "upgrades" I'm on Act 2 and i am still wearing stuff from Act 1, every drop seems "Meh"
2. The main talent that allows me to summon two totems seems cool, but unless I am blind, this guy build doesnt have a gem to summon a totem.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Using that Baron SRS build for my first time through the game. Just hit level 10 and having fun. What kind of gems should I use while leveling? Currently using freezing pulse, flame trap, and SRS. it's working well and everything is dying. I just have no currency and no idea what items are good as I go.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

Using that Baron SRS build for my first time through the game. Just hit level 10 and having fun. What kind of gems should I use while leveling? Currently using freezing pulse, flame trap, and SRS. it's working well and everything is dying. I just have no currency and no idea what items are good as I go.

The main thing is to get support gems up ASAP. Melee Splash and Increased Minion Damage are both good.

Other than that, you'll get movement skills (flame dash, lightning warp) before too long and it's generally good to have at least one of those to get out of sticky situations.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

gonadic io posted:

The main thing is to get support gems up ASAP. Melee Splash and Increased Minion Damage are both good.

Other than that, you'll get movement skills (flame dash, lightning warp) before too long and it's generally good to have at least one of those to get out of sticky situations.

Thanks. I looked for Melee Splash on the A1 vendor but couldn't find it. I'm really enjoying the game otherwise. It feels like D2 on steroids. I really like not knowing anything about it as I progress.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Fat_Cow posted:

So, this is my first time playing this, and I am following this build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931084

Couple of questsions
1. It feels like i cant find any item "upgrades" I'm on Act 2 and i am still wearing stuff from Act 1, every drop seems "Meh"
2. The main talent that allows me to summon two totems seems cool, but unless I am blind, this guy build doesnt have a gem to summon a totem.

He has frostbolt socketed with spell totem which gives the totem that cats the spell.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Game looks pretty, and wheel skeletons are rad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't remember performance issues like these. I had to get a friend to kill 2nd Dominus phase for me because the blood rain would grind my game to a halt regardless of what options I tried.

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?

Katasi posted:

The guild is full. There will likely be more room soon. See Sky13lazer for details.

I just created a guild called "House Awful"

Noobs (like myself) welcome ;)

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

do you have to go through zombies / bug things / monkeys / ribbons again or have they changed the game any?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Yes, acts one through four are still a thing and are mostly the same (RIP Warehouse District, it will be missed by no one), so you will kill all of those things. However there are also six brand new acts afterwards!

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Is the un-upgraded Doomfletch (i.e. NOT Doomfletch Prism) worth using from 28 to 40? It still gives +110% phys as an element which doesn't seem at all bad to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Dramatika posted:

Yes, acts one through four are still a thing and are mostly the same (RIP Warehouse District, it will be missed by no one), so you will kill all of those things. However there are also six brand new acts afterwards!

Ive done those first acts so many times that they dont really do anything for me. oh well