Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

This mumble vs discord stuff is pretty amazeballs.

Is there a way for me to find out at a glance what this week's garbo challenges are from the web (no access to game/pc)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Nah, just play IQ man.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would go back to ICQ in a heartbeat if everyone else here did the same.

I'm going to stop being a little bitch tonight and start actually trying to play with goons on PC. Will troll the Discord tonight looking for a team to form.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

afkmacro posted:

Is there a way for me to find out at a glance what this week's garbo challenges are from the web (no access to game/pc)?

7 games as IQ for a charm, 4 wins with canada, terrorist hunt with spetsnaz, shotgun kills and some others that you will get without trying like rifle kills.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

afkmacro posted:

club.ubisoft.com has it I think

For a while there was a bug that wouldn't allow you to take all 5 challenges in-game that was fixed by removing a ghost challenge from the website

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/GlitteringHeftyBichonfrise

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am on the Discord right now looking to team kill goons.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Have all the birthday challenges so far been on any particularly important dates? Or is it litterally just because of their birthdays on the operator bios?

Will admit i only looked at those once when the game first came out, was surprised that either Thatcher or Smoke is the youngest at 24 and then never looked at them again.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I think it was Mute, at 25. Thatcher is 56 IIRC? Tachanka and Montagne are also old as hell. Also I think Jackal was born the 29th of February. :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

aw poo poo, time to buy collectables for game i dont play anywhere near enough of https://store.ubi.com/uk/six-collection-%E2%80%93-iq/597606c829e123ab758b456e.html

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59uvmZU1NQc

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Looks like we're going into full clown skin territory.

https://twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/893550612956143616

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

So are Alpha Packs going to be moved to Beta Packs when Ranked comes out of Beta?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

CJ posted:

I'll have to buy my r6 credits in advance in case they run out

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
my biggest issue with that I have no idea at all who it's supposed to be in siege

Qubee
May 31, 2013

CJ posted:

??

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
FINALLY got an ace, after over 340hrs playtime! (After many, many 4K+1A and 3K+2A rounds, urgh) And as Castle of all people, too! I think I love the UMP now, after the last couple of days. I swear it's better than it was twelve months ago, when I last used him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEbxP8Z7qt8
I totally thought I was going to die the whole way through, after hearing all the enemies drop down around the corner from me, but somehow survived. Terrifying experience though, that's for sure..

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

my biggest issue with that I have no idea at all who it's supposed to be in siege

lol when this isn't even the MVP animation

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

It's Pulse. I think he's the only one that wears sunglasses.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
while they're at it, they should just make this the elite Ash skin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sx08_OSXlY&t=57s

just look at that • • • speed breach! :patriot:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If Blackbeard is the only DLC character I own then what should I invest in getting next. I originally got Blackbeard prenerf to his shield. This time I hope to get an operative that can be supportive or just have something valuable to the team. Although I've always kinda wanted to try out the guns that the Canadians get.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ularg posted:

If Blackbeard is the only DLC character I own then what should I invest in getting next. I originally got Blackbeard prenerf to his shield. This time I hope to get an operative that can be supportive or just have something valuable to the team. Although I've always kinda wanted to try out the guns that the Canadians get.

Most of them are situationally useful here and there. The ones that can be supportive/important just on their own would probably be Jackal, Valkyrie and Frost. Hibana, Buck and Mira can all be useful as well, but typically require a little more team coordination or enemy screw up to really get full use out of them.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ularg posted:

Valkyrie has the best utility in the game if you know where to put the cameras. Frost traps are really good too unless you're high rank. In casual games it's pretty easy to get at least one injury per game by just putting them under the objective room windows or behind the shield in a doorway.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
frost traps are good in a lot of levels of play. if you position them intelligently, the fact they know it's there doesn't really matter if they're unable to do anything about them without exposing themselves

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've had to train myself to be really vigilant and hesitant to just jump into a window, especially if the last defender is unknown. It's a lot harder to shoot a Frost trap while vaulting if you're Montagne.

Orv
May 4, 2011
More of my Frost trap downs come from blind corners and vault places inside rooms than windows these days.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The stairs in the library in Devry University are great for frost traps. People are always watching getting picked off from above or below, then get snapped

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The actual best spot is at the top of the ladders in plane because it completely denies that route to attackers.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Major Isoor posted:

FINALLY got an ace, after over 340hrs playtime! (After many, many 4K+1A and 3K+2A rounds, urgh) And as Castle of all people, too! I think I love the UMP now, after the last couple of days. I swear it's better than it was twelve months ago, when I last used him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEbxP8Z7qt8
I totally thought I was going to die the whole way through, after hearing all the enemies drop down around the corner from me, but somehow survived. Terrifying experience though, that's for sure..

Sup first ace buddy? Just got mine the other day. Similar circumstances, covering a route of attack and they just kept coming.

I've got it in a bunch of twitch clips. Anyone know a better way to consolidate them into a single clip? I only stream to twitch, not record locally.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Ularg posted:

Blackbeard is still pretty good if you forgo the gunshield and just play DMR shootsman with him. I think Jackal and Capitao are pretty good choices for attackers. They both have solid guns, with Jackal having two reaaaaally good guns in the C7E and the PDW. Valk is solid for defense since the MPX can hit pretty solidly at range with a heavy barrel.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Never seen this bug before.

https://streamable.com/d498m

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itSn8727tN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy90R3C6iRc

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Ubisoft posted:

In the Y2S3.0 patch, we will be making some changes to how our data is organized, as well as how we generate patches moving forward. There is more information below on exactly what we are doing, and why, but we are currently looking at the following patch size breakdown per platform:

With this new patch, we plan on resetting the foundation that future patches are built upon, and establishing the Y2S3.0 patch as the new baseline that we will update the game client from. As a result of resetting the baseline, we must replace a significant number of the existing data forges. This is why the Y2S3.0 patch is as large as it is.
All game data is stored in what we refer to as a “forge”. This is a compressed archive containing other files. When we need to modify a file that is part of a forge, we simply download a new forge that contains the new file without replacing the original forge. This simplifies the patching process, and reduces the download size. Over time however, it leads to a lot of wasted space on disk, as there are more and more modified files.
In the Y2S3.0 patch, since we changed many existing textures, we decided that we need to consolidate our forges. The impact of this will result in a smaller overall footprint on your hard drive, taking up less space. By consolidating our patches and data players will see a reduction “seek time”, which means faster load times for all players. While it is difficult to determine an exact loading time reduction percentage for PC due to the variety of configurations, consoles will see about 10% faster loading times for matches.
Additionally, we have taken advantage of the fact that we are replacing all our forges to upgrade the compression algorithm used. This will reduce the overall size of all future patches by approximately 12-15% and will have an improvement on loading time as well.

This sounds great and like a good start

Ubisoft posted:

We have adjusted the texture quality for each level of graphics settings on PC, low to Ultra. This will result in a slight increase in quality for character textures and a significant increase for environment texture quality available for all settings. The updated HD texture pack on PC will effectively be an unscaled source quality of our texture UV Maps. Details about the improvements that you will see can be found in the Maps and Operators blogs.
For players that meet the 6GB VRAM minimum to use the Ultra HD pack, you will see an increase in environmental texture quality. Environment textures take up ~60% of available VRAM, and without making the Ultra HD pack unusable by anyone but those with the most powerful builds, the upgraded environment textures did not fit into the Ultra HD pack. Now that we have streamlined the way data and textures are handled, we are able to include these upgrades in the Ultra HD pack, and make it accessible by players that meet the 6GB VRAM minimum requirement.
We hope that you enjoyed our data cleanup series, and what goes into the creation of maps, Operators, and patches. We would love to hear your thoughts on it, so join the discussion on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, and the Forums!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2BiG46KFck

I made another video I guess, whatever.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Welp, first match I got carried doing nothing. Second match I was the one carrying but we still lost 0-3. I had 7 kills at the end and not a single one of my team had a single kill, only one had an assist.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2BiG46KFck&t=168s

but but but Joe :stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Since Xbox One X has 12GB of VRAM, I wonder if Siege will eventually get an Xbox One patch to take advantage of that hardware. Although I can't imagine wanting to play this game on console and i'm someone who prefers console titles but play this one on PC.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Look, it was a really long night on all of us. I was drunk and we're all incompetent.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to my lack of operators.

I'm not ashamed of having a smurf.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 6, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

I said come in! posted:

Since Xbox One X has 12GB of VRAM, I wonder if Siege will eventually get an Xbox One patch to take advantage of that hardware. Although I can't imagine wanting to play this game on console and i'm someone who prefers console titles but play this one on PC.

I'm pretty sure every AAA company out there always uses the consoles hardware to their full potential and same generation games that ''seems better'' are mostly happening when first parties release more stable SDK/XDKs. If i remember correctly, during the development of watchdogs, Microsoft released a XDK update where the up-until-now processor exclusively reserved for the kinect could now be used for other purposes. Pretty sure every tech in the AAA dev jumped on this like blood in the water.

e: About FPS games on console. They always will be more popular when comparing to PC considering the lack of complexity, the price point and the general support from first parties. Furthermore, Siege on console is a game where you can do very good even if you take your time and can't aim very well.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Look, it was a really long night on all of us. I was drunk and we're all incompetent.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to my lack of operators.

I'm not ashamed of having a smurf.

Yeah i was referring to the lack of ops. Hey smurf away man. :homebrew:

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

Yeah i was referring to the lack of ops. Hey smurf away man. :homebrew:

Just doing my part to keep you in baguettes and striped shirts.

• Locked thread