Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Surprised they included new stuff at all, that's pretty neat at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Corrode posted:

That Alpha Legion trait is loving hilarious, good work GW

This rules. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some of this in the cron book considering Trazn the Infinite has Surrogate Hosts:

Surrogate Hosts
If Trazyn the Infinite is slain, roll a D6. On a 2+, you may choose another friendly NECRON INFANTRY CHARACTER, other than CHARACTERS you can only include once in your army. Remove that model as if it were slain and place Trazyn in its place with D3 wounds remaining. If no such CHARACTERS remain, or you rolled a 1, remove Trazyn the Infinite as a casualty as normal.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No psychic rhinos, and no defense against perils, which is what I was expecting a battle-forged army to get. Smite on 4+, though.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
He's got the Chaos book too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

E: One power per god :argh:

All WC6 and 18" range, Tzeentch is +1 to Invulnerable saves or grants a 5++ if it doesn't have an invuln, Nurgle is -1 to all to hit rolls against that unit, Slaanesh is 5+ FNP

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 5, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

adamantium|wang posted:

He's got the Chaos book too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W069dPLTXg0

E: One power per god :argh:

All WC6 and 18" range, Tzeentch is +1 to Invulnerable saves or grants a 5++ if it doesn't have an invuln, Nurgle is -1 to all to hit rolls against that unit, Slaanesh is 5+ FNP

We knew there was only one power per god.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MonsterEnvy posted:

We knew there was only one power per god.

Yeah, and we're likely going to get new powers for Nurgle and Tzeentch when the DG and TS books come out.

e: Plus, having one good power for Tzeentch is already a big improvement over 7th

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Couple interesting things I have learned. One Deamons can be taken as Troop choices in the Chaos Legions and it does not stop the detachment from getting stuff like Legion bonus and stuff. (Though they may not benefit from the unique rules.)

Also saw the Word Bearers Stratagem. Which is pretty much, we summon Daemons better then anything. Namely they can reroll any dice when preforming the summoning, and they don't suffer perils if they roll doubles or triples.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Alpha Legion Warlord trait applies until you run out of characters and they still get another warlord trait. So they can only get Slay the Warlord if they kill all Alpha Legion Characters.

The Word Bearers warlord trait is that all aura abilities of the Warlord have their range increased by 3 Inches. Which is pretty good for Dark Apostles.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Word Bearers seems like the way to go if you want to roll Daemons and trash mobs.

Do Daemons get the <legion> keyword? The reroll might be more awesome if you have a chance to blink in more baddies.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

moths posted:

Word Bearers seems like the way to go if you want to roll Daemons and trash mobs.

Do Daemons get the <legion> keyword? The reroll might be more awesome if you have a chance to blink in more baddies.

Daemons aren't in marine legions, so no sadly

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ha the Alpha Legion warlord trait is called. I am Alpharius.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Also this confirms that Alpha Legion got the same strategem as Raven Guard, which is pretty good.

e: Also yeah, daemons are in the book as troops, but they don't have the <LEGION> keyword, so you want to put them in a separate detachment to avoid losing the ability to take a legion trait

e2: Also, Chaos boons are pretty good now. Your chances of just choosing something are fairly high

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 5, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also this confirms that Alpha Legion got the same strategem as Raven Guard, which is pretty good.

e: Also yeah, daemons are in the book as troops, but they don't have the <LEGION> keyword

For the Word Bearers. I would focus more on summoning the big guys over the little ones. Particularly now that they don't have to worry about Doubles and Triples and can reroll any dice they want.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MonsterEnvy posted:

For the Word Bearers. I would focus more on summoning the big guys over the little ones. Particularly now that they don't have to worry about Doubles and Triples and can reroll any dice they want.

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Good time to just use 3 dice for even mid-range summons.

Actually that raises an interesting question: If I make an army of chaos space marines and leave 500 points of daemons to summon, do I still get legion traits? Every unit in my detachment has the <LEGION> Keyword, since I don't have to specify what units the daemons are or add them to my list. My gut says that's kosher, you just can't start with any daemons on the table from the same detachment if you want to get the Legion trait

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Good time to just use 3 dice for even mid-range summons.

Actually that raises an interesting question: If I make an army of chaos space marines and leave 500 points of daemons to summon, do I still get legion traits? Every unit in my detachment has the <LEGION> Keyword, since I don't have to specify what units the daemons are or add them to my list. My gut says that's kosher, you just can't start with any daemons on the table from the same detachment if you want to get the Legion trait

It for sure does not count against you summing them later in the battle. If it was not ok, the Word Bearers Strategem would not be about summoning Daemons.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TheChirurgeon posted:

Someone else said you can have a single unit of demons Troops without breaking detachment purity.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TheChirurgeon posted:

Summoned things aren't part of detachments, so you should be ok

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if GW will release a PDF to take Reivers in Shadow War:Armageddon at some point. It feels like people have mostly moved on from the game but a little bit of support could bring them back

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

TheChirurgeon posted:

e: Also yeah, daemons are in the book as troops, but they don't have the <LEGION> keyword, so you want to put them in a separate detachment to avoid losing the ability to take a legion trait

e2: Also, Chaos boons are pretty good now. Your chances of just choosing something are fairly high

Hmm. Seems like Khorne Daemonkin lists aren't really legal anymore.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

GreenMarine posted:

Sure they are, you just don't get new shiny codex rules yet for them.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

raverrn posted:

It's pretty hard to get excited about GKs

Ftfy

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It'd be hilarious if the aligned Legions and their corresponding demons had the same chapter tactic. Sure, you'd need a detachment of each, but then it all ends up the same anyway.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Exalted Champions are a new HQ choice. Friendly legion models within 6" can re-roll failed wound rolls in close combat. The champion himself can re-roll failed hit rolls against characters. No jump pack or terminator options, but I think I just found a role for SLAMBO. Looked like 4 attacks too, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully the Axe of Blind Rage is worth taking.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

Looks like Exalted Champions are a new HQ choice. Friendly legion models within 6" can re-roll failed wound rolls in close combat. The champion himself can re-roll failed hit rolls against characters. No jump pack or terminator options, but I think I just found a role for SLAMBO. Looked like 4 attacks too, but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully the Axe of Blind Rage is worth taking.

it replaces a power axe and it's s+3 ap-3 d3 damage but your rolls to hit of 1 hit an ally within 3" kharn style

GreenMarine posted:

They are totally legal, you just have to put your demons in a separate detachment or summon all of them to get the world eaters legion trait. Which was true in 7th too since WE weren't Daemonkin

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
With the smallest detachment being 1 HQ/1 troop it isn't like it is hard to make multiple detachment armies work.

I mean with daemons you want a herald/Greater daemon usually anyway

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

quote:

Talking about those Plague Marine options, here are all the new stuff for em:

Plague Spewer - 8" / Heavy D6 auto hits / S5 / AP 1 / D1 / Plague Weapon
Plague Belcher -8" / Assault D6 auto hits / S4 / D1 / Plague Weapon
Flail of Corruption - +2S / AP2 / 2D / Plague, D3 hit rolls, damage carries over
Great Plague Cleaver - x2S / AP3 / D6-D/ Plague, -1 to hit
Mace of contation - +2S / AP1 / 3D / Plague, -1 to hit
Bubotix Axe - +1S / AP1 / 1D / Plague

Also: Vectors of Death & Disease: Plague Marine euipped with two plague knives or
a plague knife + bubotic axe has attack 2 instead of 1.

Ok, guessing the new plaguemarine kit is gonna have a lot of options

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Some cool toys. What does Plague do? I assumed it was poison but that doesn't line up with having it on strength gear.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Corrode posted:

Some cool toys. What does Plague do? I assumed it was poison but that doesn't line up with having it on strength gear.

Re-roll ones to wound I think, that is what it does in the index

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Tidy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Word Bearers Focus.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/05/legion-focus-word-bearers-aug-5gw-homepage-post-2/

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Hope you weren't expecting your artillery to do anything all game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's the "at full starting strength" that turns that from merely good to outright great for a stratagem. It's Linebreaker in the form of 2 CP.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
The dark pact is gonna be great too for word bearers because you get to pick and choose which dice to re-roll when you summon.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

:stare:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Black_Nexus posted:

The dark pact is gonna be great too for word bearers because you get to pick and choose which dice to re-roll when you summon.

Daemons are cheaper too.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Word Bearers stuff is cool. Also confirmation that Brimstone Horrors are going up in points presumably as a response to the spam lists. GW... listening to gaming feedback?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Corrode posted:

Word Bearers stuff is cool. Also confirmation that Brimstone Horrors are going up in points presumably as a response to the spam lists. GW... listening to gaming feedback?

End is Nigh.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

The fact that this is for any Chaos army makes me so excited. Hell, the fact that this can be used to make cultists basically disengage for free is crazy.

Like, imagine World Eater cultists with me for a second. 40 models with Brutal Assault weapons hitting twice, that's 80 dice. Khorne's trait gives them an extra hit each, that's a grand total of 120 swings. Even at strength 3, I'm pretty sure your world eaters become more like odd beaters with such a disgusting volume of melee weaponry. Then when the target you've careened them into on a suicide mission prunes the grand majority of them, you pop them back on the table edge with another 40 up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I picked up Robot Girlyman and been working on painting the model. Not steady on the rules, but can I take him as a LoW and makr him my leader while the rest of my army is another chapter than Ultramarines?