Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So I have a question about a plot hole here...it involves Act 5 spoilers, so I'll spoilerize it.

So in the first new act, you enter the Chamber of Innocence, and it looks like a loving church, and you are killing priests and nuns. One of the nun's attacks is to splash you with holy water. Your ultimate goal is to get to the high priest and murder him. That is when you learn he is the vessel of the Angel of Innocence, who you also murder. Then the Angel of Sin comes down and pats you on the back.

Who the gently caress are the good guys again?

Now, the justification for this is that Kitava, the god of insatiable hunger wants to eat the mortal plane, and from what I can tell so far, Sin has the foresight to put aside the whole Good versus Evil thing for a while to fight Kitava, but Innocence is too driven by absolutes and dogma to stop fighting evil for any reason. So Sin puts Innocence on the backburner for a while, so people can focus on Kitava. I might be wrong, but I think that's right...continuing on to the plot hole...

So technically the player has been the good guy all along, but drat if it didn't make you question that for a minute. Oh wait, the player was already going murderboat on those nuns before anybody explained why to him. Whoops, he was just killing nuns because they had phat loot. Is this explained at some point? Let's also not forget, he started a slave uprising for no reason. From what I can tell most of the classes were wrongfully exiled, and generally have good intentions...so these points confuse me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Soothing Vapors posted:

Wouldn't mind being wrong on this :getin:

- SV's wife on their wedding day

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Arsonide posted:

So I have a question about a plot hole here...it involves Act 5 spoilers, so I'll spoilerize it.

So in the first new act, you enter the Chamber of Innocence, and it looks like a loving church, and you are killing priests and nuns. One of the nun's attacks is to splash you with holy water. Your ultimate goal is to get to the high priest and murder him. That is when you learn he is the vessel of the Angel of Innocence, who you also murder. Then the Angel of Sin comes down and pats you on the back.

Now, the justification for this is that Kitava, the god of insatiable hunger wants to eat the mortal plane, and from what I can tell so far, Sin has the foresight to put aside the whole Good versus Evil thing for a while to fight Kitava, but Innocence is too driven by absolutes and dogma to stop fighting evil for any reason. So Sin puts Innocence on the backburner for a while, so people can focus on Kitava. I might be wrong, but I think that's right...continuing on to the plot hole...

So technically the player has been the good guy all along, but drat if it didn't make you question that for a minute. Oh wait, the player was already going murderboat on those nuns before anybody explained why to him. Whoops, he was just killing nuns because they had phat loot. Is this explained at some point? Let's also not forget, he started a slave uprising for no reason. From what I can tell most of the classes were wrongfully exiled, and generally have good intentions...so these points confuse me.

The nuns were the ones enslaving and murdering people, duh

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

The spell echo and faster casting you link with summon skeletons, to cast your skeletons faster, also increases the cast speed of your summoned skeletons. You can get 20k dps per skeleton mage (you have 9 mages) with level 20 gems and the right gear.

Links are: Summon Skeletons, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Minion Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles. With a six link you can add Elemental Focus. I also use flesh offering and anger, and dual curse projectile weakness and elemental weakness.

Plus, you know, nine skeletons all casting ten or so projectiles a second also looks pretty loving great.

Thank I might give them a try. No chain or pierce though? I should have 10 with all the gear I was planning on getting. I was going to use my spectres for clearing and the skeletons for boss killing and as bonus damage on packs. Aren't the skeleton mages trash at boss killing?

I'll have 2 damage auras and Haste because I'll be running it with my bro whose an SRS Necro and I'll be dual cursing Ele Weakness and Temp Chains

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

whypick1 posted:

- SV's wife on their wedding day

from hell's heart etc.

but also lol

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I mean, I thought we were just pissed off for getting exiled and coming back to oraith to gently caress people up because gently caress em.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

queeb posted:

I mean, I thought we were just pissed off for getting exiled and coming back to oraith to gently caress people up because gently caress em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9LP-9uG_k

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
The wheel skeletons loving rule.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How does an SSF... call it career, I guess... typically play out, anyway? Obviously there's a lot of randomness in what loot you get, but what do you start keeping, how do you spend your currency, what sort of builds do you pursue?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Arsonide posted:

Okay, so my impression is that the story of Innocence and Sin as told in the stained glass windows is Innocence's side of the story, but not 100% accurate. I'm not sure exactly what happened from Sin's side, but the writers seem to have gone pretty far out of their way to make us feel like Sin isn't actually a bad guy. Especially when Yeena's Spirit is super cool with him. Also Innocence doesn't seem to hate him, seems super cool with being put into some random lowly soldier. Maybe Innocence realized after we 'killed' him that he had taken things too far?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm working on a Skeleton Mage build myself but I thought Spell Echo didn't affect the projectiles, per Path of Building? Wouldn't mind being wrong on this :getin:

it used to. I haven't checked to see if it still does. You'll want spell echo either way to help cast skels faster.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Thank I might give them a try. No chain or pierce though? I should have 10 with all the gear I was planning on getting. I was going to use my spectres for clearing and the skeletons for boss killing and as bonus damage on packs. Aren't the skeleton mages trash at boss killing?

I'll have 2 damage auras and Haste because I'll be running it with my bro whose an SRS Necro and I'll be dual cursing Ele Weakness and Temp Chains

I rely on projectile weakness for the piercing. And the mages seem ok at boss killing now. but I'd run with a full compliment of zombies and (2) good specters as well.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

it used to. I haven't checked to see if it still does. You'll want spell echo either way to help cast skels faster.

Yeah. The spell echo still benefits the skeleton mages fully. It's normal skeletons that don't get jack poo poo from it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This frost bolt spell totem build is amazing. It's really slow to kill bosses though. Is there a weaponswap I could use to do that faster?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Automated markets are a can of worms best avoided. And yes, you can transfer your SSF progress to parent temporary league.

It's only a can of worms because people insist on having dumb opinions.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That there's no SR Death Star allflame beam :argh:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yey, they fixed the items, i've got 10 skeleton mages. anyway, that character is cool but i'm playing on harb now.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Does anyone have a non-totem physical Templar build

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

steakmancer posted:

Does anyone have a non-totem physical Templar build

Physical...templar? Are you sure you don't want to do a non-elemental elementalist, or a non-chaos occultist instead?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Are Jewels bugged? I slapped a Frozen Trail here:

And I still get the +2 Projectiles on my Totems

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
As long as the required stat exists within the radius, it's active. Doesn't need to be allocated anymore.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

zxqv8 posted:

Doesn't need to be allocated anymore.

:stonk: Awesome.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

10bux posted:

Everyone was experiencing this kind of burn out in some way or another. Myself, I couldn't possibly level more then one character a league it was so drat repetitive. Really liking the changes ive experienced thus far. My only criticism is I wish they put more work into altering the tree. For example, I really like projectile attacks, like bows, and I don't mind like; but, i absolutely will not make another bow ranger that follows the same exact path and struggles to get 200% life while just grabbing the important bow clusters.

They buffed the nodes around Ranger start, picking up 200% life is trivial now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

Are Jewels bugged? I slapped a Frozen Trail here:

And I still get the +2 Projectiles on my Totems

?

there are 40 INT in the radius?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Soothing Vapors posted:

No, there's no MTX for Warchief

That's not entirely true. The totem "wears" the same weapon as you, so if you have some fancy weapon mtx like radiant blade, the totem will also wield a glowing sword.

Better than nothing I guess.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Doing a poison build on a shadow. Wish I would have known while building him that Izaro is such a bastard.

Slothpolo
Oct 1, 2005
STUPID
DICK
how do i get in the guild? my characters name is TheHulk_

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Not needing to allocate nodes for threshold jewels was the best change last league.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

new phone who dis posted:

Doing a poison build on a shadow. Wish I would have known while building him that Izaro is such a bastard.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but you should be over leveled for lab.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jusupov posted:

I thought its monday?

finally a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mtx

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

To whoever mentioned MercuryTrade being probably dead, it just got an update. Plot twist: they are now slamming on some extra features that are getting way into grey are gameplay stuff, and are absolutely unrelated to core trading functionality. :laffo: Best avoided for Trade Companion indeed.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

gently caress it, i'm starting again as hardcore. I'm having a blast and only level 18, and hardcore will make it even more fun.

Probably will do a summoner again, but considering a templar... maybe.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

To whoever mentioned MercuryTrade being probably dead, it just got an update. Plot twist: they are now slamming on some extra features that are getting way into grey are gameplay stuff, and are absolutely unrelated to core trading functionality. :laffo: Best avoided for Trade Companion indeed.

Explain?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It seems to be fairly clearly written?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

lucifirius posted:

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but you should be over leveled for lab.

I've done everything and I'm 1 level over. I'm just going to keep playing and come back.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

new phone who dis posted:

I've done everything and I'm 1 level over. I'm just going to keep playing and come back.

The common thing was to go deep into Act 4 or even into Cruel and come back for the Normal Lab. The lab has been changed and the Normal lab only has one room between Izaro phases now with a couple of side rooms, so it's a lot easier than it was. You can still go ahead and come back for it, but try to do so before you finish Act 5.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Don't forget about trinkets. Certainly make Izaro fights less hellish and they're easier to get in the early labs too.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there a way to turn off the weird auto-target attacks all over the place that the multi-strike support gem makes me do sometimes ?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Maybe read the description on Multristrike?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

frajaq posted:

Is there a way to turn off the weird auto-target attacks all over the place that the multi-strike support gem makes me do sometimes ?

No, that's how multistrike works. You'll need to aoe down the trash first if you want to single-target with it