Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Are there servers? I was going to download this tonight and wanted to roll with goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

RC Cola posted:

Are there servers? I was going to download this tonight and wanted to roll with goons

Yeah I keep OP as up to date as I can. There are a few goons on Imperial side Jedi Covenant, we mostly just chat in Discord though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Vette's shock collar.

Dark side Jaesa.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Aleth posted:

Male Jedi consular hitting on his young padawan.

Think the hunter still wins this one, since Mako is supposed to be a teenager or something?

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 5, 2017

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Think the hunter still wins this one, since Mako is supposed to be a teenager or something?

I think he means Hunter, the agent's antagonist.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Forgot about Skadge...why remind me?

Outside of comps I really can't think of creepy NPC's. Geleren the fat Twi'lek with the accent from the Bounty Hunter story on Nar Shadda is my favorite though.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Medullah posted:

Clarified that a bit for you.

ummm im fairly sure quinn gets repeatedly sexually harassed

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

Clarified that a bit for you.

kinda hilarious that kaliyo ends up being one of the healthier relationships in the game, esp. since you only nominally have authority over her

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Forgot about Skadge...why remind me?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

dmboogie posted:

kinda hilarious that kaliyo ends up being one of the healthier relationships in the game, esp. since you only nominally have authority over her

She's more of an independent contractor really

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Hasn't this game been out since like the second expansion of WoW? that's pretty impressive. even if most people play it single player.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Hasn't this game been out since like the second expansion of WoW? that's pretty impressive. even if most people play it single player.

While it lacks the raiding scene of WoW nowadays, the storylines are good enough to mean its probably not going to die for a good long time.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

RFC2324 posted:

While it lacks the raiding scene of WoW nowadays, the storylines are good enough to mean its probably not going to die for a good long time.

The storylines are uniquely good. No other MMO matches the PvE. One of the biggest story gripes I have is in the otherwise excellent Smuggler story:

Ord Mantell: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Coruscant: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Nar Shaddaa: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Taris: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Tatooine: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Alderaan: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Balmora: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Quesh: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Hoth: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Belsavis: "I'm going to kill Rogun the Butcher"
Voss: "Gee whiz, Rogun."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
To be fair, you don't actually learn about Rogun until Coruscant.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Fuzz posted:

To be fair, you don't actually learn about Rogun until Coruscant.

Nah, you learn about Rogun about five minutes of creating your character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey so protip that I completely forgot about til I was reminded the other day - if you're on a command boost and waiting for queues to pop, or for your raid group to form, start a conversation with an NPC and leave it open - the CXP boost won't tick down while you're in the conversation.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Back Hack posted:

Well, he meant actually as in, you only know his name, but you actually meet him after you've finally finished taking care of the guy who put you in that position.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Well, he meant actually as in, you only know his name, but you actually meet him after you've finally finished taking care of the guy who put you in that position.

I actually really enjoyed hunting down Skavak. He's just so deliciously hatable, it's a fun rivalry to watch unfold.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Dalris Othaine posted:

I actually really enjoyed hunting down Skavak. He's just so deliciously hatable, it's a fun rivalry to watch unfold.

just a shame he doesn't have a 'death cinematic', wish i could've left him alive as the ship fell into the black hole.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Whorelord posted:

just a shame he doesn't have a 'death cinematic', wish i could've left him alive as the ship fell into the black hole.

When I've left Tarro Blood just sitting in his cell being pouty, I kinda wished there was a cinematic of him when the ship tore apart. Skavak, I go the sex & death route.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Back Hack posted:

Yeah but you don't learn that he's to blame for all of your problems until after the stuff with Skaavik stealing your ship, really.

M_Sinistrari posted:

When I've left Tarro Blood just sitting in his cell being pouty, I kinda wished there was a cinematic of him when the ship tore apart. Skavak, I go the sex & death route.

I'm actually super glad they didn't have some melodramatic bullshit with Tarro Blood. The whole point is that he's beneath you and you leave him behind, actually showing it is succumbing to some of the worst storytelling cliches. Not showing it makes it impactful, instead of cheesy.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fuzz posted:

I'm actually super glad they didn't have some melodramatic bullshit with Tarro Blood. The whole point is that he's beneath you and you leave him behind, actually showing it is succumbing to some of the worst storytelling cliches. Not showing it makes it impactful, instead of cheesy.

Point taken. I do have to admit I did like that with how much Mako was all 'we're killing his rear end' all the way through and when you just leave him there, she's "he's not worth the time.'.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Point taken. I do have to admit I did like that with how much Mako was all 'we're killing his rear end' all the way through and when you just leave him there, she's "he's not worth the time.'.

Leaving an enemy alive is the ultimate insult a Mandalorian can deliver, which is what I think Mako is playing on. You're pronouncing Tarro an unworthy opponent, not worth the time or effort to kill - and the ship's about to explode anyway.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Seems Non-Entity has been a busy beaver.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Those weapons with wood furniture, I want. :fap:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Please don't doxx me.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Choo choo.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Probably a stupid question but the official forums just have pages of pointless game theory...

But has there been any updates concerning what is upcoming story wise if anything? Or not really?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Malek posted:

Probably a stupid question but the official forums just have pages of pointless game theory...

But has there been any updates concerning what is upcoming story wise if anything? Or not really?

There are data mined major spoilers for the next 2 patches, including who the traitor is on Iokath. I accidentally moused over it. :(

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Medullah posted:

There are data mined major spoilers for the next 2 patches, including who the traitor is on Iokath. I accidentally moused over it. :(

Ah, I was hoping for like another chapter or something or some more planets... or bringing in a few more of the old characters but yeah.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I knew that blasted ship protocol droid was up to no good!

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Wait...could it be? Is that the old Gannifari pet?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Is it possible to get Quinn and Dorne or are you limited to which faction you pick?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Is it possible to get Quinn and Dorne or are you limited to which faction you pick?

I think Trooper and Warrior can get both, but otherwise it's one or the other. In the Warriors case you can murder that traitorous gently caress too

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Looks like I'm siding with the Republic then, sorry Darth Waifu and that treaty we signed

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

Looks like I'm siding with the Republic then, sorry Darth Waifu and that treaty we signed

Well the good news is the story doesn't change all that much (so far) depending on what side you choose. It's basically.

Choose Republic - Lana says "Jerkface!" and you work with Jace.
Choose Imperial - Theron says "Jerkface!" and you work with Acina.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

No recent codes?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Celebration was in May, they had a few codes then. They usually only do 1-2 a year.

There's a Cantina in October so maybe another then.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Berke Negri posted:

You absolutely can get both. You have to go to the terminal in the alliance base that lets you get back your story/dead companions after (I think) completing the arc, but I've got both of them in my list. One of them is "non-canon," but for solo running around purposes they are both available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Why would anyone want that filthy TRAITOR Dorne, anyway? At least when Quinn went traitor he stayed Imperial.

• Locked thread