Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's pretty insane to think that the Queen has had the opportunity to watch every episode of Doctor Who.

All the lost episodes are inside her head!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jivjov posted:

All the lost episodes are inside her cabinet!

ftfy

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So who are we roughing up, Phillip Hammond, Boris Johnson

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just rewatched Love and Monsters.

1) I really like the "outside of the Doctor's adventures looking in" perspective and they should do it in more episodes.

2) The absorbtion monster is stupid.

3) The "oh my mother died that night" part is awful because any sane person would assume the Doctor killed his mother.

4) I like the human characters otherwise.

5) The resolution is stupid. Why would the doctor condemn someone to a living hell as a paving stone?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CommonShore posted:

I just rewatched Love and Monsters.

1) I really like the "outside of the Doctor's adventures looking in" perspective and they should do it in more episodes.

2) The absorbtion monster is stupid.

3) The "oh my mother died that night" part is awful because any sane person would assume the Doctor killed his mother.

4) I like the human characters otherwise.

5) The resolution is stupid. Why would the doctor condemn someone to a living hell as a paving stone?

she can still give blowjobs

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I love the Abzorbaloff,

quote:

OCTOR: Not from Raxacoricofallapatorius, are you?
VICTOR: No, I'm not. They're swine. I spit on them. I was born on their twin planet.
DOCTOR: Really? What's the twin planet of Raxacoricofallapatorius?
VICTOR: Clom.
DOCTOR: Clom.
VICTOR: Clom. Yes. And I'll return there victorious, once I possess your travelling machine.

His whole motivation is he wants to eat the Doctor and steal his ship!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

2house2fly posted:

I love the Abzorbaloff,

His whole motivation is he wants to eat the Doctor and steal his ship!

Ian Levine is such a rascal.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jivjov posted:

Ian Levine is such a rascal.

If he kills the doctor now then there is no chance of him being a woman!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

*Googles Ian Levine*

*click*

*click*

(Music video?)

*click*

:stonklol:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I was somehow unaware that Levine is responsible for Doctor in Distress, and that he claims to own a complete collection of DC's entire catalog dating to the 30's. I am extremely skeptical.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

He's rich.

sinepost
Nov 16, 2004

four o'clock and all's well
And obsessive. To be fair, if he was neither of those things, we might have fewer existing Dr Who episodes today.

Unfortunately in every other respect he acts as you would expect the rich and obsessive to act: like a child.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ian Levine isn't just the Ian Levine of Doctor Who fandom, of course. He's also the Ian Levine of soul music fandom.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
This is kind of interesting: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a834617/doctor-who-christmas-special-almost-scrapped/

quote:

"There was one big glitch, which was Christmas," Moffat told Digital Spy. "I was going to leave at the end of series 10 – I had my finale planned and what I wanted to do with it. I had a good notion of that.

"Then I learned at a drinks event somewhere that Chris didn't want to start with a Christmas, so at that point they were going to skip Christmas. There'd be no Christmas special and we would've lost that slot."

Moffat suggested that, if Doctor Who had skipped Christmas in 2017, it might never have got its much-coveted December 25 slot back.

"Doctor Who would've lost that slot if we hadn't [done a special] because Christmas Day is now so rammed. So I said, probably four glasses of red wine in, 'I'll do Christmas!' and then had to persuade Peter [Capaldi] that's how we were leaving.

"Then I had to work out how you could get mortally injured in one episode and spend an hour regenerating on Christmas Day, which I hopefully have done!"
A lot of people said that the Doctor's refusal to regenerate didn't really arise organically from the events of the episode, and I guess this is why

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

2house2fly posted:

"then had to persuade Peter [Capaldi]"

Gee that must have been difficult :)

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
It might have been if the rumor Peter had a year left on his contract was true. Might be a bit hard to tell him they're going in another direction with Doctor Who then come back and ask another episode of him a few months later.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Hey Peter, we actually need to do one more epi-"
"I'm already on set and in costume, where's everyone else?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

"Peter, your back yard is not a set."

"But it's a perfect recreation of-"

"We cannot use the 8th Doctor's TARDIS!"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

2house2fly posted:

A lot of people said that the Doctor's refusal to regenerate didn't really arise organically from the events of the episode

That part's never bothered me too much. What does aggravate me is the ending of The Day of the Doctor, when it's clearly setting up Matt Smith for a whole new journey to find Gallifrey, and then he just goes "peace out."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Timby posted:

That part's never bothered me too much. What does aggravate me is the ending of The Day of the Doctor, when it's clearly setting up Matt Smith for a whole new journey to find Gallifrey, and then he just goes "peace out."

Well he does go to Trenzalor and it turns out Gallifrey is in that crack, so he kind of does find them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He's happy because he thought his people were extinct, but they are just hidden. Yay I can go home again. Then he remembers that his people are mostly assholes. Once he thinks about it a bit off screen, he's not in such a hurry to get there right this minute.

He's right too. When 12 finally finds them it turns out they are still assholes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

2house2fly posted:

This is kind of interesting: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a834617/doctor-who-christmas-special-almost-scrapped/
A lot of people said that the Doctor's refusal to regenerate didn't really arise organically from the events of the episode, and I guess this is why

lol

It's like when the office Christmas party approaches, and gradually everyone realizes that the old administrative assistant never told the new one that they were in charge of planning it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Just finished re-listening to The Maltese Penguin. What a fun bit of silliness that is. Colin's Noir Detective accent is hilarious.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jodie has Chris' seal of approval!

https://twitter.com/0tralala/status/893884914504015873

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

She will only do one season and it'll leak that she's leaving when the first episode airs? :v:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Season 7B's pacing isn't quite as off as I remembered and I like Clara a lot more quickly, (Rings of Akhaten is great :colbert: ) but Journey to the Center of the TARDIS is such a bad episode. I really wanted it to be better than I remembered, but it's boring, weird, and the side character stories are just kind of shoved into the middle of a whole bunch of "Who is the Doctor, really? Who is Clara, really? Can they trust each other" drama that goes absolutely nowhere because of the memory reset button. It's a concept with such potential that wastes it all on the equivalent of one of the many times that Charlie tells Six the Big Secret at last but something prevents him from learning it.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

(Rings of Akhaten is great :colbert: )

Not an empty quote.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
donna was better than clara

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

corn in the bible posted:

Donna was better than everyone except Amy and Rory so you're not really going out on a limb there

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yeah that's like saying "evelyn smythe was better than rose", that's obvious

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Well, I mean, yeah.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Journey to the Center of the TARDIS is such a bad episode.

And racist. Don't forget. Really not their best rodeo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bicyclops posted:

(Rings of Akhaten is great :colbert: )

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm just glad yours is the correct one!

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Bicyclops posted:

Rings of Akhaten is great :colbert: )

This is like saying that Lucie is better than Grace. Like, duh.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

howe_sam posted:

Donna was better than everyone except Amy and Rory so you're not really going out on a limb there

She was also better than Amy and Rory.

However, Nardole is the best companion of the revival.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
The quality of companions is inversely proportional to their sexual attraction to the Doctor.

Go on, prove me wrong. :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TinTower posted:

The quality of companions is inversely proportional to their sexual attraction to the Doctor.

Adric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TinTower posted:

Martha had no especially strong sexual feelings about the Doctor.

Amy outright and overtly tried to gently caress him, more than once.

• Locked thread