Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

hyrule warriors was actually good though

Musou games have been good for 10+ years now but gamers are too stubborn to ever break from the zeitgeist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like the dragon quest ones becasue i like dragons quest characters but i don't give a fart about some stupid fire emblem characters especially if its all from the new games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

punching a bunch of golems in the face with alena....simply epic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mysterious loyall X posted:

i replayed it not too long ago cuz it was a deep discount 1 dollar game thru not-nintendo-rewards

how long it take you?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

i like the dragon quest ones becasue i like dragons quest characters but i don't give a fart about some stupid fire emblem characters especially if its all from the new games

Same except the other way around

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fire Emblem is waifu bait garbage made by and for broke brained salarymen in both the east and west. It's also ruined any chance of another Advance Wars being made without adding Marriages and other Gift options you can do to make your ugly generic f2p Korean MMO looking Fire Emblem wife go "uwaa!!!"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I literally cannot tell the difference between FE character art and Chinese wargame app art. Come play Evony m'lord

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Raserys posted:

:eyepop:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

New Fire Emblem characters announced:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

DQH:TWTWATBB was the best musou game I've played in a while and I need to play more of 2.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Raserys posted:

You are under arrest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the new FE game was so so bad

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
The dragon quest heroes games are so good

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

ArfJason posted:

wow i remember wario land 3 a lot wronger than i thought, or i didnt get very far? hmm, i should replay
It's very much a metroidvania.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I always thought of it as mario 64 but with upgrades.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

New Fire Emblem characters announced:

haha

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

wario land 3 isn't anything like toki tori 2. you unlock lots of skills to progress, and the level design approaches europlatformer maze hell with 10 billion doors. its still pretty good tho.

those mini golf games tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks to the power of the Nintendo switch I now have Rosalina's full body latex suit on demand in my pocket at 60fps

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm finally free

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the new layton game deleted my save. I was over 100 puzzles in and I made sure to hunt for all the extra puzzles after each case. I am calm. I am calm. I am calm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mobile gaming ftw

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm just... I'm so calm

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Heads up to everyone that has Blaster Master 0, the Shovel Knight character DLC is free for a limited time.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm finally free

Holy poo poo, nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

KOF2000, everybody's favorite KOF game, is coming to the switch.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

If they added netplay I'd buy the whole neo geo library

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have KOF98 for local VS and it's fun. But doing anything more involved than slapping ROMs into a Switch MAME build would probably result in prices above 5 dollars so I wouldn't buy them.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I know I just really want to play waku waku against an eight year old on a wifi connection

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

yeah actually they will posted:

I'm just... I'm so calm

calm

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

P-Mack posted:

If they added netplay I'd buy the whole neo geo library

I am buying way more neo geo games than I ever thought I would, they did a really smart thing getting these out before VC

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

KOF2000, everybody's favorite KOF game, is coming to the switch.

2000 is trash but it's fun trash

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

2000 is trash but it's fun trash

We had a imp zone tournament of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The assists are funny but the damage is so low because they assume you know how to do huge tag combos so it makes it funny for about 15 minutes and then awful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Put Breakers Revenge on Switch

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Anyone played the 3DS platform Pikmin?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Someone posted about it in the games beaten thread I think.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It was me. I liked it. It's not amazing and it's pretty easy for the most part, but it has a lot of fun levels and gets tricky near the end. The writing for Olimar's entries about the enemies and treasures were spot on. All in all I think they translated Pikmin to 2D about as well as is possible.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Regy Rusty posted:

It was me. I liked it. It's not amazing and it's pretty easy for the most part, but it has a lot of fun levels and gets tricky near the end. The writing for Olimar's entries about the enemies and treasures were spot on. All in all I think they translated Pikmin to 2D about as well as is possible.

If you've played Yoshi's Wooly World, how would you compare the difficulty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well the thing about Hey Pikmin is that it's very hard to actually die, much like the regular Pikmin games. Unlike those however it's not as urgent to protect your Pikmin since you can only get 20 per level anyway and if your numbers drop too low you will be able to find a few more. So the main challenge is in getting all the treasures which can sometimes require you to keep a certain number of Pikmin alive or solve somewhat tricky puzzles.

It's not much at all like Wooly World but it's certainly easier.