Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

He knows the playbook and Moore is another Steeler cheap shot from being in a wheelchair

It makes sense, it just felt like the type of rumor that would share a category with "Bill Cowher is returning to coaching!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Darlington said that the Castro shirt is why Kaep isn't an option lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Darlington said that the Castro shirt is why Kaep isn't an option lol

Yeah, he burned every single bridge

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gently caress Ryan Tannehill and his knee for depriving us of Jay Cutler, NFL Announcer :mad:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I too prefer the qb that looks like he hasn't given a poo poo about playing well since he entered the league.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

gently caress Ryan Tannehill and his knee for depriving us of Jay Cutler, NFL Announcer :mad:

Yah.

Very much yah.

If I have to wait another year to be proven a Cassandra re: Tanny sucking AND no Cutler in the booth I will be more down than some Phin fans. :smith:

Those were two of the top 5 things I was looking forward to this football season.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Those were two of the top 5 things I was looking forward to this football season.

lol why?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Give it 24 hours and he will reverse his position entirely.

It's kinda his thing.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There there Dolphins fans, Cutler is only bad when he plays in the NFC

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the mediocre QB who could theoretically be good debate has gone too far. tannehill wasn't gonna suck this year. Well maybe from the leg. I guess that's fine. goodbye

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He improved on quite a few important metrics and our offense had something like 4th highest number of big plays (20+ yards, both rushing and passing) so I'm disappointed. He improved his deep ball so well.

Such is life. Oh well.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

He improved on quite a few important metrics and our offense had something like 4th highest number of big plays (20+ yards, both rushing and passing) so I'm disappointed. He improved his deep ball so well.

Such is life. Oh well.

Aren't you basically getting that quality in Cutty?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Filthy Casual posted:

Aren't you basically getting that quality in Cutty?

Hell no Tannehill was way better deep last year than Cutler. I'd have to see Cutlers breakdown from his year under Gase.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Look at your teams that are going to try to win and fail. The Jets, meanwhile, will succeed at trying to fail. :smugdog:

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/893563157284827136

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
since '13 (when flacco turned into a pumpkin) 22 qbs have attempted at least 1500 passes

in QB Rating, Cutler is #14 at 89.0, Tannehill at #15 at 88.8.

Cutler throws picks more often (2.99% to 2.23%) and TDs more often (4.7% to 4.4%). Cutler got sacked a lot less (albeit on less attempts), has higher completion rating, higher y/a, ay/a, any/a. Tannehill has 6 more ypg.

They're pretty similar and as always Cutler's main flaw is his extra INT every few games over the course of a season. Cutler's best QB rating was 92.3 under Gase, Tannehill's was 93.5 last year under Gase.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 4, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mastershakeman posted:

since '13 (when flacco turned into a pumpkin) 22 qbs have attempted at least 1500 passes

in QB Rating, Cutler is #14 at 89.0, Tannehill at #15 at 88.8.

Cutler throws picks more often (2.99% to 2.23%) and TDs more often (4.7% to 4.4%). Cutler got sacked a lot less (albeit on less attempts), has higher completion rating, higher y/a, ay/a, any/a. Tannehill has 6 more ypg.

They're pretty similar and as always Cutler's main flaw is his extra INT every few games over the course of a season. Cutler's best QB rating was 92.3 under Gase, Tannehill's was 93.5 last year under Gase.

Tannehill is way better lol

use your eyeballs !!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Years under Gase I meant. I'll find it.

Tannehill was a deep ball machine last year. I won't lie though, last years Jets game with Moore was fun to watch. I love his rainbow passes

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/893598309163696129

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Thankfully the Corey Davis hamstring injury is minor and he'll be kept out a couple weeks as precaution. This'll give Taywan Taylor more reps which is good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cutler as a commentator explains itself

I've called Tanny a bad QB for years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers cut Darrell Stuckey.

Someone's gonna get a special teams ace once he's healthy

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
DJ looks slow af :stare:

https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/893472058507751424

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Garrett got 4 sacks against the 2nd/3rd/practice squad o-line in the Browns scrimmage tonight. Guess that should translate into competent play against the Bears, Colts and Chargers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spiller ought to be faster than him to be fair but yeah, that's not encouraging at all.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

CB Sean Smith has been relegated to 2nd team D

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

CB Sean Smith has been relegated to 2nd team D

Raiders have been switching out their DBs almost daily, don't read too much into it. Unless you also think UDFA Breion Borders replaced Amerson, since he also ran first team.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I wonder if Amerson or Smith will be cut (traded?) next year to make room for Mack's extension. One isn't surviving after drafting Conley.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MrLogan posted:

I wonder if Amerson or Smith will be cut (traded?) next year to make room for Mack's extension. One isn't surviving after drafting Conley.

Amerson can come home.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/893621187145871360

I for one am all aboard the Kenny Golladay hype train :toot:

Jarrad Davis also apparently had a great day yesterday:

https://twitter.com/NateAtkins_/status/893499251627511808

Now if only we could figure out who's starting at left tackle :suicide:

Edit: Seriously, this is where we're at:

https://twitter.com/NickMensio/status/893508869485346817

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/893481656622960640

If they can't get their poo poo together then Taylor Decker's injury may very well have single-handedly torpedoed the season.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 5, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jarrad Davis was awesome at UF. He's going to be a really good LB for you.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also Tomlin kinda rules for that trip if I'm being totally honest D link

Edit yeah JD was a badass at UF. drat ittttt I wanted him in a Miami uniform

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 5, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

DJ still can't be 100% and was slow before he went down. Not surprising.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If they can't get their poo poo together then Taylor Decker's injury may very well have single-handedly torpedoed the season.

At least we have an OC who's willing to change the play-calling to match the talent available to him.

I still think the 2014 team could have gone to the Super Bowl if they'd fired Lombardi mid-season.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Shangri-Law School posted:

At least we have an OC who's willing to change the play-calling to match the talent available to him.

I still think the 2014 team could have gone to the Super Bowl if they'd fired Lombardi mid-season.

Yeah, Cooter can call better plays knowing its ONLY the left tackle that is going to be a turnstile instead of basically the whole line.

Pretty sure I'm buying a Golladay jersey. Ground floor this poo poo.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

Smith will be cut in the off season or heavily restructured. He has no guaranteed money after this season. This year I expect Conley to either share the slot or outright win the starter spot and then be moved around according to match ups.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Shangri-Law School posted:

Just imagine what 2014 and 2015 would have been like if they'd kept Linehan instead of hiring Lombardi.

It could have been great

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rvacchianosny/status/893950322800041988

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers had their first open practice today in 4 years. It was...good? The offensive line is a disaster, the defense is incredibly talented but their inexperience is obvious, and despite all the flaws and problems and roster churn the team looked much better as a whole than last year. It was amazing seeing several WRs and RBs with speed and talent on the field at the same time; I'm not sure I've ever had that experience before as a 49er fan. If the 49ers, for some inexplicable reason, cut WR Victor Bolden or RB Matt Breida, write your team's GM a letter and demand they claim them off waivers.

Assumptive starters Malcolm Smith (LB) and Josh Garnett (turnstile) were both determined to have possible season ending injuries (Smith's came today, Garnett's happened yesterday), to which I say, "eh." Not like they're better than the backups.

Strange Jersey sightings: Anquan Boldin & Jerrod Hayne 49ers jerseys. Boldin was with the team 3 years, and Hayne was a publicity stunt. You chose poorly, fans.

Obligatory photo:

(25k people in attendance)

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

That's former Superbowl mvp Malcolm Smith to you bucko

• Locked thread