Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I'm gonna be the only person in NA to have a grailed Dracula aren't I? Once I get my 5 golden berserker statues that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I'm joining the church of gudako

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I grailed Jeanne on NA because she's my friend.

On JP I've gotten around to grailing some Servants (80-90) to give them a little boost. Ibaraki, Kuro, Shiki, and then probs Mary/Bonne or Gorgon, Ruler Martha next.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm gonna Grail Heracles to the moon and nobody can stop me, because Berserker is the strongest in the world.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Used 5 tickets and got Yan Qing and a second EMIYA Alter. :toot: Hoping I get decent luck on the summer banner.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Somehow the gods smiled upon me and I snagged 5 Sword idols or statues or whatever they're called in 3 runs to get Altera to 70.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I grailed Altera after she showed up as my first 5* in my NA FGO.
She was my first 5* in JP FGO.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Would it be dumb to roll on the story banner just to get kaleidoscopes? I feel like one or two of those would be more useful than more characters (not that I don't want more of those.) Are there really good CEs coming down the road that surpass these?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Fragments of 2030 are better than Kaleidoscopes in non-farming situations, at least for most compositions. That aside unless CEs are specifically on rate up any banner is going to have opportunity for Kaleidoscopes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Randallteal posted:

Would it be dumb to roll on the story banner just to get kaleidoscopes?

yes

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Artoria proved she was not worthless in Nerofest but otherwise getting that lone Kaleidoscope was by far the best thing I got out of the Gil rateup.

But I also wouldn't roll again for one because if you're truly in need of one you'll almost always find it in some of your supports.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Fragments of 2030 is arguably the best CE in the entire game, and it's coming (on rate up, I think?) with the Scathach rate up.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Kinda hope they mix up the event order so Okita-Scath/2030-Jack events aren't back-to-back-to-back. I don't have nearly enough money for that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
8 critical stars per turn? I guess the strategy is not immediately obvious to me, unless you have you gather stars skills like Lancelot's. I feel like you need to get 15+ stars before stars become immediately useful due to the way stars are often distributed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You run characters that manipulate crit absorption and then go to town. Or just have characters that generate alot of stars on their own, 8 is a big deal.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
You're right, thing is, multiple 2030s stack with each other.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

8 critical stars per turn? I guess the strategy is not immediately obvious to me, unless you have you gather stars skills like Lancelot's. I feel like you need to get 15+ stars before stars become immediately useful due to the way stars are often distributed.
yes, and 2030 makes it so you only need to get 8 crit stars (which even the worst quick cards can do) to get to 15+

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I'm gonna grail Anderson and none of you guys can convince me to not.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SereneCrimson posted:

hes one of the best choices for grailing

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm gonna grail FSN Cu... if I can ever roll him. :argh:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Nate RFB posted:

So run 3 at the same time?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

SereneCrimson posted:

Do it. Do eet.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

hes one of the best choices for grailing

Why? I see thst his skills and NP would always be useful but I see nothing obvious that would really improve by maxing his level?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Probably the extra health allowing him to take more punishment.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Any word on when the hell global is supposed to get the next story chapter? Kinda bored out of my mind with grinding dailies now that Nerofest is over. I still need to run through all the free missions and some of the Interludes I've unlocked for Quartz, but not having any new story stuff is kinda killing my desire to keep playing.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A little more damage/survivability counts for more on a lower-tier servant, I assume, esp since they get more levels from grails.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
One thing that is bugging me is Jeanne's first skill. Does it give her star absorption, or does it allow more crit stars to drop off of her attacks? Or does it do both? The wording makes me feel like it is absorption, but a lot of people have been using it in videos when I thought it could be better off letting those stars go to other characters, which makes me think it is supposed to help her generate stars.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

One thing that is bugging me is Jeanne's first skill. Does it give her star absorption, or does it allow more crit stars to drop off of her attacks? Or does it do both? The wording makes me feel like it is absorption, but a lot of people have been using it in videos when I thought it could be better off letting those stars go to other characters, which makes me think it is supposed to help her generate stars.

Neither. It adds a flat number of stars to your total number per turn. The amount is based on the level of the skill.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Camelot does not gently caress around. Dang.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
welcome to the rear end in a top hat of the sun

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Protip: When you clear Camelot and make it to Babylon, do yourself a favor and look up the boss fights. There is a boss gimmick that will absolutely ruin your attempt if you go in unprepared.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can't believe Gawain is stronger than Tiamat, he is the true Advent Beast

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

Why? I see thst his skills and NP would always be useful but I see nothing obvious that would really improve by maxing his level?

at only 6kish health he'll die pretty quickly to bosses with aoe damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

after ascending george and giving him some dumb rear end 4* np that gives him health he's becoming a pretty good tank. also after ascending vlad and him having 9k health and the defense buff he can kind of live now. of course i am really only accomplishing this by doing the 40 ap daily mission with this random level 90 jeanne pubby friend i made.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

So I just started on Aug 1 which means I missed the Welcome campaign and bonuses by a single day. I only have a single 4* (Heracles), is it worth doing a 10 pull with quartz I have or should I still hold it for the next rate up event?

Second question, is it worth leveling skills on 1-3* cards or should skill items be saved for 4-5*?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

GB_Sign posted:

So I just started on Aug 1 which means I missed the Welcome campaign and bonuses by a single day. I only have a single 4* (Heracles), is it worth doing a 10 pull with quartz I have or should I still hold it for the next rate up event?

Second question, is it worth leveling skills on 1-3* cards or should skill items be saved for 4-5*?

You should hold your quartz until there is a rateup with a servant you like, especially since Herc will happily get you through anything the game can offer right now. The second post in the thread has some breakdowns on 1-3* servants and there are a lot of them that are definitely worth investing in, like Hans Christian Andersen and Cu Chulainn

There are probably a bunch of extra rerolled accounts floating around with 5* servants if you can find any goons happy to part with them (but starting with just Herc is also fine if you cant be bothered starting again).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I started this game last month and had a pretty decent tutorial roll, getting both Heracles and tamamao cat, got EMIYA later on and a few other decent rolls.

Then my luck just tanked completely.
Summon tickets blown on lousy craft essences, friend point summons that are 90% mozarts, constant and unending repeats. I finally manage to get a 10 summon in time for Nero finally popping up in the summons.

The only new thing I got was Fatso. :sigh:

I feel like the well has dried up on servants I don't have, I'll probably never get a 5* with my E rank luck, and the cash to quartz ratio is absolute BS and I refuse to pay for it ($1 for 1 drat quartz?) And I can't actually seem to get any of the ascension materials I need to get anybody past their second form.

Otherwise I'm doing ok in daily quests since I'm regularly beating up gold hands and jumping in levels (I'm at like 53 now) and I'm completely done with everything in the story to this point since oekanos doesn't seem to want to open. Its just the gacha element is too eager to waste my quartz.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the cash to quartz ratio is actually pretty good if you buy in bulk, you can get a ten roll for like 14 bucks which is way cheaper than just about any other game of this type

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Soylentbits posted:

So run 3 at the same time?
I can definitely see that being awesome, but you only need 1 Kaleidoscope to accomplish its thing. Either way this is probably mostly just due to me not running too many crit star setups at the moment outside of using Lancelot a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

the cash to quartz ratio is actually pretty good if you buy in bulk, you can get a ten roll for like 14 bucks which is way cheaper than just about any other game of this type

I wonder if you guys will get the bonus quartz increase during the first anniversary since you already have the price reduction.