Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

don't let your cats roam free outside lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Mak0rz posted:

Time to play "Guess what was this person commenting on?"!

a video posted by a public group called Level Fitness about a miniature elliptical you can keep under your desk

100 thrusts to cum? Your girlfriend must be thrilled with that 2 minute sex.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ularg posted:

I personally wouldn't put a collar on a cat unless it's for flees or something. Maybe unless they love to go outside. But I just don't personally don't if they're in my house all day. My dogs, though? Collar only gets removed for bed time or anytime they'll be stuck inside for awhile (storms). I feel bad for when they try to sleep and it looks like the collar is digging into their neck at the angle they want to lay down.

Cats get used to it, and in my opinion it's worth it for just in case the cat gets outside. They're slippery little bastards.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Krispy Kareem posted:

Good for the birds, but that poor loving cat. He probably doesn’t even hear the bell anymore so he’s always confused when his prey dashes off.

Also, aren’t flea collars bad now? I thought we had all advanced to pills and ointments at this stage.
lol he still managed to murder shitloads of them, just way less. hunting is about patience, after all

The Snoo posted:

don't let your cats roam free outside lmao
i aint protecting our berry bushes myself buster

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cythereal posted:

Cats get used to it, and in my opinion it's worth it for just in case the cat gets outside. They're slippery little bastards.

Anyone got recommendations on those cat safe collars then? I might just get some.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

I'd imagine so? People putting a collar on their pets so people don't think that they're just wild dogs or cats walking around isn't a thing over there? Generally, you want a collar on your dog so people know how to contact you if they just wander off or something.

I think that it's very rare. Now when I think about it I have seen a cat in person who wore a collar but he was an indoor appartement cat. :shrug:
All the cat owners I know, including me, just have their cats earmarked.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Ularg posted:

Anyone got recommendations on those cat safe collars then? I might just get some.

Just google 'breakaway cat collars'.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

The Ferret King posted:

Did you just assume my identity?

I see this poo poo everywhere on the internet, can we please refrain from making this tired joke?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

100 thrusts to cum? Your girlfriend must be thrilled with that 2 minute sex.

He was probably basing those numbers off his own experience

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

I personally wouldn't put a collar on a cat unless it's for flees or something. Maybe unless they love to go outside. But I just don't personally don't if they're in my house all day. My dogs, though? Collar only gets removed for bed time or anytime they'll be stuck inside for awhile (storms). I feel bad for when they try to sleep and it looks like the collar is digging into their neck at the angle they want to lay down.

My cat is a strictly indoor cat...but sometimes he doesn't understand that. He got out one night and we didn't notice til someone called my wife using the phone number on his tag.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

jivjov posted:

My cat is a strictly indoor cat...but sometimes he doesn't understand that. He got out one night and we didn't notice til someone called my wife using the phone number on his tag.

Only time my cats go outside is on the porch to roll on the warm concrete for a minute then go back in. I hate the idea of them wandering around, even though pretty much all of my cats have been adopted strays or children of strays.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

He was probably basing those numbers off his own experience
Well, at least he's modest.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The Ferret King posted:

Did you just assume my identity?

People don't truly care about sexual rights. All they care about is looking like they do.

Let me start by saying that I am defending the first two practices because I am tired of how close minded and unoriginal people’s opinions on sexuality are. People aren’t truly accepting of others, they are merely accepting of what they are taught. Notice how quickly people went from hating homosexuals to fully supporting them. The only reason this occurred is because the media went balls to the walls with gay rights.

In actuality, people are incredibly close minded, they don’t truly care about freedom. They are all bandwagoners, so to speak. It makes me sick.

They are fine with homosexuality, but any incest or zoophilia evokes disgust.

They don't truly care, all they care about is looking like they do.

Their cultural programming causes a deep feeling of disgust and hatred. But are those feelings justified? I say no.

First, let's start with incest.

1. Most people's initial argument against incest comes at a seemingly concerned and utilitarian angle: the argument being that incest leads to genetic problems, ranging from gross physical deformity to less superficial health complications like hemophilia.

Lets address the genetic problem first.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/04/us/few-risks-seen-to-the-children-of-1st-cousins.html

Making a guess based on those numbers, I extrapolate the risk for children of siblings to be quite small too.

So, very little genetic risk. I have actually read that cousins share the same risk of birth defects as the average person.

Thankfully there's genetic testing now, so even full siblings can have kids if they are tested first for any potential complications.

But even if there was any genetic problems, stopping them would still be a double standard. There are no laws in the US stopping parents with horrible genetic disorders from having children.

Funnily enough the article I linked mentions that the children of the those with Huntington's are still allowed to have kids (even though their children have a 50% of receiving the disease themselves).

It's called eugenics, and anyone who uses the argument against incest of higher genetic disease risk is a hypocrite (if they don't like eugenics).

But let’s just remove the genetic argument altogether. Let's use the hypothetical scenario of two brothers who wish to engage in incest. No kids, zero risk. Yet when I asked those I know in real life whether they believed it should be allowed or not, they always said no.

One of the people I asked is an atheist, pro-gay rights, liberal, all that jazz, yet I got the response that it was “simply wrong” for a relationship like that to occur.

2. Zoophilia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEX33vAyF5Y&t=623s

2k dislikes, the majority of top comments saying how disgusting it is that he did this, that it's animal abuse.

No one has any sympathy for the poor man (who was sexually abused as a child). All I see is an honest and sensitive man who was damaged in life and found another being to share happiness with. The dolphin initiated it, by the way. He in fact rejected the dolphin at first but eventually relented.

So the main argument against zoophilia is that it's animal abuse.

As he mentioned in the video, the dolphin was in full control. This is how it is for a majority of the cases. If the animal was feeling threatened, they would react so. In the case of a dolphin, swim away or drown the human. In the case of a dog, run away or bite. Sure, cats and small dogs can be abused (though it would be very very difficult still), but in the majority of cases it seems reasonable to assume that the animal could escape and fight back, making sex basically impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZncmLdQiBpw People have the gall to say that zoophilia is universally animal abuse, regardless of context. Yet often the people who use this argument eat meat with no remorse. Idiots. Watch that video. Which is worse for animals happiness, supporting the meat industry (where animals are tortured in a literal hell from the day of birth until death), or a consensual sexual relationship between an animal and a human?

The main reason people are against zoophilia, is because they've been programmed to think so, because they are close minded and will only accept mainstream opinions on sexual preference.

3 Hebephilia (ages 12-18 years old) and pedophilia (<12 years old)

The only thing I will say about this is that adult humans have been having sex with children for a very, very long time. Greek pederasty comes to mind. It actually still goes on today in many countries.

I will write more about this topic later. I think nonconsensual sex is always wrong.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nah we're good

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Every time I think LoB has posted the worst he can find... :stonklol:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
There is always more. And it is always worse.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Idiots on Social Media: The dolphin initiated it, by the way.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Follow dril.

That is all.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Mak0rz posted:

So an employee at Google is apparently a misogynistic tech bro and people like his ideas, surprise surprise. Someone wrote a thread explaining that basically open discrimination is a fairly common thing in Silicon Valley and a problem in services such as AirBnB that are so beloved by tech enthusiasts.

This joker has a rebuttal though!... I think.

https://twitter.com/serr8d/status/893835470140047360

Nine times out of ten, if someone talks about the superiority of STEM fields, they're computer scientists, which isn't really a science anyway. :colbert:

(I did a mid-length effort post about this phenomenon in the Dark Enlightenment thread, if you wanna check it out.)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It has been way too long since I've popped into this thread. I almost forgot how LoB works.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If I had money I'd put it on those idiots crying about STEM being the ones who either dropped out or barely got through college on the lowest grades. Dunning-Kruger and all.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The brownshirts are censoring Nazism.

I choose to believe that Dennis Portland is the only cool and good person in this thread and I'd prefer to not be proven wrong. :ohdear:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well in Finland it's sometimes used when talking about this guy. He's a super nazi of course:

44head

14head

e: im bad at nazi dogwhistle numbers, i think thats a good thing?

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Aug 5, 2017

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

TinTower posted:

Nine times out of ten, if someone talks about the superiority of STEM fields, they're computer scientists, which isn't really a science anyway. :colbert:

(I did a mid-length effort post about this phenomenon in the Dark Enlightenment thread, if you wanna check it out.)

Sure. Where is it?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Sure. Where is it?

Here. Half of it's also a rant about mathematics education, but the overarching theme is the intersection of STEM and politics.

(Most physicists and mathematicians I know are more left-wing than average)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

goatsestretchgoals posted:

44head

14head

e: im bad at nazi dogwhistle numbers, i think thats a good thing?

No idea but get this: he's a Finnish nazi sex symbol.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

No idea but get this: he's a Finnish nazi sex symbol.

I'm surprised he's not a worldwide nazi sex symbol. He's the most normal looking chud I've ever seen.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Also another story on imgur with the usual hidden comments.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hlemQ

quote:

I find it hard to believe that cops just kick down a random door and shoot someone dead in the face. Mediamongers are hiding poo poo again.

quote:

No "ACTIVE" warrants implies that he has a record & should be considered scum. Sadly, there's no such thing as paying off ur debt to society

quote:

gently caress you for mediamongering, OP. Sources, gimme the whole loving story. He might have waved a gun at the cops or something, we don't know.

quote:

maybe because he had previous warrants?

quote:

Well, we don't really know that he was innocent

And so many more.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

a video posted by a public group called Level Fitness about a miniature elliptical you can keep under your desk

Other than being the dumbest thing ever, what a bizarre way to do the maths. He knows the total number of guys, so he guesses the overall amount of time this took place over to get a rough guys/per week, then multiplies that by the number of weeks again to get... a rougher estimate of the number he started with

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Magnus Manfist posted:

Other than being the dumbest thing ever, what a bizarre way to do the maths. He knows the total number of guys, so he guesses the overall amount of time this took place over to get a rough guys/per week, then multiplies that by the number of weeks again to get... a rougher estimate of the number he started with

https://youtu.be/pE4LVSESyXc

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Mak0rz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_fc-4wNSGQ

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

German compound words own. Every mammal is just a variant of pig
Katze. Hund. Maus. Kuh. Känguru. :confused:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I think you mean purrenschwein, barkenschwein, kaserschwein, milchschwein, and hoppenschwein. :colbert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Don't forget wulfenschwein.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wulfenstein

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That is a type of mug.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
German does a similar thing with primates; they are all some form of 'ape'. 'Death head ape' is my favorite

Lol the Hominidae family is 'people apes'

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
We are all homo, biologically

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

German does a similar thing with primates; they are all some form of 'ape'. 'Death head ape' is my favorite

Lol the Hominidae family is 'people apes'
My favourite lazy animal name is Orangutan, which means "Forest dude" (literally 'Man Forest') in Malay.