Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I really like how you are posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

WrenP-Complete posted:

I really like how you are posting.

kalstrams is falling behind with the lack of food gifs lately.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

kalstrams is falling behind with the lack of food gifs lately.

We can all step it up to contribute.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 5, 2017

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

We can all step it up to contribute.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
buuuh! Gah!!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
This wholesome anime farming simulator is pretty neat. The trader is a bit late and my sister has a slight fever, but I'm sure nothing bad will happen to this idyllic village. :buddy:

Randler fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 6, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

This wholesome anime farming simulator is pretty neat. The trader is a bit late and my sister has a slight fever, but I'm sure nothing bad will happen to this idyllic village. :buddy:

I really enjoyed that game.

The prequel to it was loving terrible though.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

y'all peep this poo poo?

quote:

Discriminating just to increase the representation of women in tech is as misguided and biased as mandating increases for women’s representation in the homeless, work-related and violent deaths, prisons, and school dropouts.

There’s currently very little transparency into the extend of our diversity programs which keeps it immune to criticism from those outside its ideological echo chamber.

These programs are highly politicized which further alienates non-progressives.

I realize that some of our programs may be precautions against government accusations of discrimination, but that can easily backfire since they incentivize illegal discrimination.

:staredog:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

tentative8e8op posted:

Shah Cheragh mausoleum and mosque, in Shiraz, Iran.

can't wait till volkerball gets to torch it with a flamethrower in Gulf War VI

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

We desperately need another tech bubble burst.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

We desperately need another tech bubble burst.

Maybe an air burst.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I've seen a couple buildings in Thailand that didn't have a floor 4 or a floor 13. 1, 2, 3, 3A, 5... ...12, 12A, 14...

At the school I taught at in Bangkok, they had renumbered the rooms because someone noticed that the last few teachers who had room 3 had quit their jobs early, so that one was Room 2A.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
"No, you want the second room 2."

This is perfectly reasonable.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I mistimed a roll once and a woman crushed me with a giant loving hammer, true story

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hello, human

My body is exquisite but I exercise to show you I can

I have mastered your games

You have many human parts

I have few

Love me

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

and a reminder, piers "morgan" moron oversaw phone hacking of private citizens during his time as editor of The Mirror
Wait, what? He's held actual jobs at actual papers with actual authority? I thought he was some kind of gimmick like a UK Jiminy Glick or Alex Jones.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sneakster posted:

Wait, what? He's held actual jobs at actual papers with actual authority? I thought he was some kind of gimmick like a UK Jiminy Glick or Alex Jones.

No, he's human trash (like all UK press and most global press).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Requesting death

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
:laffo: Wow "Dark Tower" is getting terrible reviews. I was expecting it to be really great, but yikes. 18% on RT is pretty dismal!

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

:laffo: Wow "Dark Tower" is getting terrible reviews. I was expecting it to be really great, but yikes. 18% on RT is pretty dismal!
That is such a goddamn disappointment. Considering I think it was supposed to be a setup for a series with actual talent involved I was hoping the trailer was schlock for a movie that's actually appropriate to the quality of the book with the consideration of being the basis for a period romance piece.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

https://twitter.com/jessesingal/status/894051454889197568

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Sneakster posted:

That is such a goddamn disappointment. Considering I think it was supposed to be a setup for a series with actual talent involved I was hoping the trailer was schlock for a movie that's actually appropriate to the quality of the book with the consideration of being the basis for a period romance piece.

Yeah, it sounds like it wasn't completely awful, as much as it was just offensively mediocre and a missed opportunity. Which is a shame - it looked pretty great from the trailers.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Trogdos! posted:

Worst Breakup with 44:

this is actually the best cartoon

quote:

Best Edit/Parody:

:pants: :unsmith:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

where do you stand though if you had to choose between the motherfuckin skeleton frat party or pants donkey

ngl id pick iraq? more like 30 rack!!!!!!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

stone cold posted:

where do you stand though if you had to choose between the motherfuckin skeleton frat party or pants donkey

ngl id pick iraq? more like 30 rack!!!!!!

I... what?.. :confused:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

politoons thread memes

duh

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dont read the politoons thread please, its bad for your mental health.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

stone cold posted:

politoons thread memes

duh

I haven't followed that thread for years. I'm just happy that pants donkey is still going strong after all this time. :unsmith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LOL

Now I feel I should remember that. When is this from?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

"Open the bud gates" is my spirit animal

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL

I wanna say it's from that time politoons made the front page with chuck asay edits but my lore isn't good :kiddo:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

"Open the bud gates" is my spirit animal

it's super loving good my friend

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Absurd Alhazred posted:

LOL

it's very old, from the time of heroes, when mighty posters leveled entire forests while eating towering piles of flapjacks

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it's very old, from the time of heroes, when mighty posters leveled entire forests while eating towering piles of flapjacks

Would those be the days when libertarians were the majority of posters here, or when LF was at its height?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

stone cold posted:

it's super loving good my friend

I know, though I haven't read the politoons thread in a year for reasons of self-care

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
every year, right at the stroke of midnight i click on the new politoons thread and then never check it again. occasionally i glance a the number of unread posts in the tread and know that i have protected myself from that much toxic posting

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
you assholes let Ardent Communist into the MilHist thread in A&T. make him leave or I'll flood your forum with debates about tank destroyers.

• Locked thread