Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wendell posted:

Did Splatoon 1 introduce new songs over time, or are Off the Hook likely to put on the exact same concert for every Splatfest?

They did introduce new songs over time, but not for splatfest, that one had the same one song for every match, excepting the final Callie vs. Marie splatfest that had the Squid Sisters song instead.
Splatfest seems to currently have better variety than the regular song rotation, so we're already ahead of the curve in that respect.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can use the right stick as a cursor with the map open.

Or tilt the controller to move your selector. It's the same as picking someone to super jump on.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

raditts posted:

They did introduce new songs over time, but not for splatfest, that one had the same one song for every match, excepting the final Callie vs. Marie splatfest that had the Squid Sisters song instead.
Splatfest seems to currently have better variety than the regular song rotation, so we're already ahead of the curve in that respect.

Or tilt the controller to move your selector. It's the same as picking someone to super jump on.

I was using the D-Pad to select people before realizing I could tilt.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You can place beacons to superjump to? How did I miss that?! Dang.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a sub only certain weapons have

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh, phew. Thank you.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

it's going to be underappreciated in pub, unranked games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wendell posted:

You can place beacons to superjump to? How did I miss that?! Dang.

If you have a weapon with the Squid Beakons sub. You can also jump to beacons your teammates place, but enemies can also see where they're placed on the map.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

incoherent posted:

it's going to be underappreciated in pub, unranked games.

Even in ranked it feels so situational and map specific it rarely gets utilized. On certain big maps though it can be a game changer

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
You also have to be careful where you place the beacons. Enemies can see the beacon placement too when they open up their minimap, and if the beacon is in a place where they can easily get to, they'll probably go out of their way to destroy it.

Or will be waiting to ambush you if you put the beacon in an especially poor spot.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm having trouble deciding between last ditch effort and tenacity on this special order helmet...

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
God drat it. I ended up being way too busy to play at all during this Splatfest. I didn't even get a single match in. I've got that baaaaad FOMO vibe going on now. Only it's not a fear. It's confirmed missing out. Dem snail losses......

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Dang, I wish the splatfest tee wasn't locked to Ability Doubler as its main. I never realized how much my playstyle depends on Ninja Squid until I immediately started winning again with it on after losing horribly without it during the splatfest.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

gonna need that losing round splatfest music for my ringtone like yesteryear

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Modus Pwnens posted:

I'm having trouble deciding between last ditch effort and tenacity on this special order helmet...

When does last ditch effort trigger in ranked modes? This seems like an extremely important factor.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

When does last ditch effort trigger in ranked modes? This seems like an extremely important factor.

At 30

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Or never

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

When the enemy team's score hits 30 or below, it'll kick in for the rest of the battle. If you can drag out the battle, it can be a very potent ability.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr. Fetus posted:

When the enemy team's score hits 30 or below, it'll kick in for the rest of the battle. If you can drag out the battle, it can be a very potent ability.

Only when losing, not when winning then?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Splatfest ended, leaving me with 97 loving ketchup points

I went to go scrub my Splatfest shirt one more time and I was literally standing next to Murch about to hit the A button when it cycled maps and took my shirt away

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
When prizes. Need prizes.
Validate my squid effort.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Gorp posted:

When prizes. Need prizes.
Validate my squid effort.
8 hours

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Where'd you hear this? Usually it's just a few hours after it concludes.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's never taken half a day for the results to come in. I would assume they've scheduled the announcement to happen next time the stages rotate (in a few minutes).

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I thought someone posted a schedule in here that said something like 9am for the results but I can't find it now :shobon:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Oh poo poo!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
MAYO STEALS IT :woop:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Oh, gently caress off.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Bill Barber posted:

Oh poo poo!

gently caress yeah Aussie battlers.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the ketchup kiddies have all gone to bed, they'll have to cry into their cereal tomorrow morning

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Cicadas! posted:

Oh, gently caress off.

Not our fault you can't ketchup.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

suck my assss

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

aaaaaaaagh

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I knew it. My team always choked whenever we actually got paired with mayos.:smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Nooooo! I knew this would be the case, but I was hoping it wouldn't be true. I was hoping for team battles to carry us to victory. :negative:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

CodfishCartographer posted:

In splat 1, I think most of the splatfests had one team win the popular vote, and the other win the actual game win%. I think the running theory is more kids are likely to choose the popular one, so the unpopular one has a lower chance of getting you matched up with them, so skilled players can carry harder.

Still holds true.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/894078002824335360

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm sorry for being a bad player and holding every match I was in back.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I never noticed the "Lil judd exhausted" bit in the corner, that's cute.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Now I have even more reasons to hate mayonnaise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Man that's some bullshit