Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jazerus posted:

bernie/zuck do you vote for it

full communism zuckerberg is both insane enough to be remotely plausible and would make the online right go absolutely apeshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mark Zuckerberg says he’s no longer a neoliberal, believes ‘full communism now is very important’

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
zuck looking at his situation and concluding "it is dumb af that i have so much money, the system is obviously broken" would be amazing and will never happen

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Hodgepodge posted:

zuck looking at his situation and concluding "it is dumb af that i have so much money, the system is obviously broken" would be amazing and will never happen
ive said it before but the super rich hit like one of two situations one is "im going to rule the world and spread my philosophy of more mony for me" and "poo poo uhh, i guess i should cement my legacy and do nice things while i still own 10 yachts" and theres about a 50% chance he turns into the second

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Oh Snapple! posted:

lol harris @ #2 overall but not even ranked on any of the single issue options

Hmm, actually I just didn't know how to use that website. Further investigation yields a lot of good stuff including links to specific bills and votes. Pretty cool site.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Maybe we could trick Zuck into reading Capitalist Realism somehow, so he'll independently re-invent Marxism to disrupt Capital.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

would make the online right go absolutely apeshit

lmao people said this about hillary about 500,000 times without realizing that mobilizing the opposition is an enormous loving weakness. hell, they still havent realized it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Zuck will give free Oculus rifts to his followers and it will work

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

logikv9 posted:

Zuck will give free Oculus rifts to his followers and it will work

If he gives me a higher resolution version maybe, gently caress being able to see the individual pixels, it ruins the immersion.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vox Nihili posted:

lmao people said this about hillary about 500,000 times without realizing that mobilizing the opposition is an enormous loving weakness. hell, they still havent realized it

Also absolutely apeshit is already their 24/7 status anyway

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Seventy-nine years old

seventy-nine is the new sixty-nine

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

it was a joke post but realistically the kind of right winger that gets especially mobilized by a Jewish left-winger isn't going to be staying home when there's a Trump on the ballot anyway. hillary definitely mobilized the opposition but it was the more mainstream, Bill O and Limbaugh crowd

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everyone forgets that election turnout was the lowest in years for 2016. Which doesn't really help Hillary's case given Obama won by landslides.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it was a joke post but realistically the kind of right winger that gets especially mobilized by a Jewish left-winger isn't going to be staying home when there's a Trump on the ballot anyway. hillary definitely mobilized the opposition but it was the more mainstream, Bill O and Limbaugh crowd

nah dude 55% of america fervently hated her guts from the start, you still dont get it lmfao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

how loving dumb can you be?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

theres like a zillion bernie-style politicians running for offices

This is the real impact of Bernie and inspirational leadership.

People are taking action to remove bad dem leadership from downticket offices.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

*deeply pondering* the data says that everyone hates her, but my heart says that ill make the people i hate VERY angry...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So bad dem primary in 2020 will probably be?
Harris
Booker
Cuomo
The Zuck
Dread Abuela

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie's going to run and win.

The only way Bernie doesn't run is if Keith or another high profile progressive runs (Warren ain't doing poo poo).

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian posted:

So bad dem primary in 2020 will probably be?
Harris
Booker
Cuomo
The Zuck
Dread Abuela

Don't forget the mediocre wing of the Dems: Franken, Gillibrand, Castro

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

safely sodomized posted:

considering its basically a guaranteed win

Is this post from the morning of November 8, 2016?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Holy poo poo this is hilarious

It's like the perfect intersection of everything wrong with Twitter and everything wrong with Tumblr :allears:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you're (class-blind demographic descriptor) and you support (thing I don't like but am not saying why) and you're not (doing an unrelated thing which no one does) you should literally die, I am a serious political commentator

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

What's been either Castro doing since Trump won eight years ago?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

What's been either Castro doing since Trump won eight years ago?

They've been locked in their rejuvenation pod. If you lean in and wipe the fog off the porthole, you can see them smile at each other, sometimes one gives the other a tender kiss on the forehead.

https://twitter.com/Jaffe4Congress/status/894044328535916544

Big Dick Jaffe 2018

Frijolero has issued a correction as of 14:01 on Aug 6, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

I am hoping for a GOP style clusterfuck in which you have 14-18 people running in the primary instead of just 4.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's gonna be p. sweet seeing the centrists concern-troll about racial justice issues they don't actually give a gently caress about.

Who's going to be the "Look, we're all Democrats on this stage and we're all good people. Let's work together" sayer? I wanna say Booker.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/893998300499718144

lmfao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frijolero posted:

It's gonna be p. sweet seeing the centrists concern-troll about racial justice issues they don't actually give a gently caress about.

Who's going to be the "Look, we're all Democrats on this stage and we're all good people. Let's work together" sayer? I wanna say Booker.

i'm sure the donor class will be funding many centrist bad dems this time around.

Maybe even Dread Abuela will be back.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/shanley/status/894089643099955201

bernie being the candidate of the left in 2020 suggests that either the american left wing movement is dependent on him or there's literally no other solid left-winger in a position to run, both of which call into serious question the prospect of said movement outliving him
Ron Paul's been dead since 2011 and look at what he inspired still going today

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

im screaming

:geno:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

holy loving poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

im screaming

:geno:

Harris supported locking up low income parents in jail for their kids being truant.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frijolero posted:

whoever is polling last and is about to shutter their campaign

in all likelihood it will be all fifteen centrists saying it in unison because they are virtually indistinguishable from each other apart from the one category they've really developed: purely superficial and performative bullshit

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Seventy-nine years old

see Vox

see

see

I told you people get hung up about age, my silly hangover rant was warranted~

ofc its just Hamprince going "pbbbhhth burneeee pbbhhht"

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

etalian posted:

Harris supported locking up low income parents in jail for their kids being truant.

Prosecutors are human filth? Shocking.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

whoever is polling last and is about to shutter their campaign

in all likelihood it will be all fifteen centrists saying it in unison because they are virtually indistinguishable from each other apart from the one category they've really developed: purely superficial and performative bullshit

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C55Ae3apn5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao

https://twitter.com/brandyljensen/status/894214723364958213

• Locked thread