Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'd be disappointing if Justin WASN'T an international Jewel Thief.

"Alright Justin, we need your hand cracking the vault to get the cubic zirconia."

*Justin holds up his map of the vault*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

sexpig by night posted:

Until we find out Simone can only get off by shooting an airsoft gun into a crowded mall while shaking a kitten or whatever the new scandal will be because the world is a fart

Don't kinkshame me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Justin couldn't figure out how to fish in the original Nier, even though it was right next to him, he's a monster.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty sure those sets, apart from the metal door which was just jeyed in, was a park. I haven't been to that exact one, but several very similar in Illinois

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

CronoGamer posted:

I hesitate a bit to ask this because I don't want to provide fodder to folks saying "Nick did nothing wrong", but there's nothing illegal about what he did (that we know of so far), right? I ask just as far as wondering, if Polygon does fire him, what sort of justification it falls under if none of the victims of his sleaze were Polygon employees. Can someone be fired for sexual harassment of someone who isnt connected to the company purely because of the impact on the company's brand?

If he was doing this within the company or with business associates that probably makes it more cut and dry for Polygon but i am mercifully unfamiliar with how sexual harassment is usually handled.

In many places someone can be fired for literally any reason including reasons that would be illegal if the employer were dumb enough to say it in a provable way.

EDIT: That said the justification for firing Nick would definitely be because the actions he's now been shown to have taken run counter to the Polygon brand of being safe and funny but not offensive.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

I'm sure I remember, historically, that being fired for "bringing the company into disrepute" was a thing.

But I'm in the UK, and am a fan of history, so that might be a long gone Victorian-era thing.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Has Nick Robinson ever worn a powdered white wig, and has he ever fanned himself while saying "Perish the thought?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bogart posted:

Has Nick Robinson ever worn a powdered white wig, and has he ever fanned himself while saying "Perish the thought?"

loving finally someone who understands EU law weighing in

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Have some of ya'll never heard of at-will employment?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

*guffaws* ive never been employed in my life

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

That may well be a US-only thing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I mean, even in the UK, if you were working in PR or as a public face on a website where representing them is a big part of the job you could definitely get fired for something like this, especially if there's more stuff which we aren't privy to for obvious reasons.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

*guffaws* ive never been employed in my life
:hmbol:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hey so did anything non-consensual come out yet?

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Bogart posted:

:lol:

Perhaps not but I would not be surprised if Polygon's Board of Governors convenes a court martial and demands Nick lay his sword upon the President's table come monday.

[Rightly so given evidence, just to be clear]

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Hey so did anything non-consensual come out yet?

Nope all the women consented to being sexually harassed

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
How boned is Nick vis-a-vis Maritime Law?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if the mcelroys ever break bad it will be solely their video game opinions, like how Griffin thinks Rockstar's Bully is bad

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

inferis posted:

:golfclap:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

New CGI is late this week, wonder what's up

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

I guess one of the hosts is suspended pending an internal review at Vox Media or something? That's weird and unexpected and no one's been talking about it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
griffin thinks saints row 3 is bad so i don't really like his vid game opinions. that's okay tho. find the person whose vid game opinions you align with and listen to their recommendations. personally, me and alex navarro kinda jive on the same vid game level.

Propaganda Hour posted:

How boned is Nick vis-a-vis Maritime Law?

He's going to be swabbing the poop deck, for shore, matey.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

All saints row games are bad actually

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Games aren't cool anymore

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Polygon is pleased to announce famed super agent Austin Powers will be griffins new cohost for cool games inc

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Here lies Nick.
He never scored.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Polygon is pleased to announce famed super agent Austin Powers will be griffins new cohost for cool games inc

I bet the other Austin Powers is gonna be sad he didn't get the job. :(

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Here's some non-creepy MBMBAM-adjacent fun: Eric Andre instagrammed a MBMBAM bumper sticker this morning. ("My other horse is a ghost")

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Griffin's Tweet on Nick was perfect and he really doesn't owe anyone any more words on the matter for the rest of his life. He handled it like an honest to God professional grownup and I'm proud of him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

inferis posted:

I mean, I totally get why this is skeevy, but the claim that fans went along with it because they were so "starstruck" by him talking to them is silly. Like, lol at Nick being treated like a rockstar, he's just some weird internet guy with a nerd podcast.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

General Dog posted:

Griffin's Tweet on Nick was perfect and he really doesn't owe anyone any more words on the matter for the rest of his life. He handled it like an honest to God professional grownup and I'm proud of him.

He doesn't owe any more speaking on it, but I'm absolutely sure he probably will talk about it on one or more of his podcasts.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Little Mac posted:

All saints row games are bad actually

The series peaked with 2.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Saints Row 2 is great, 3 is largely trash, 4 is great.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

He doesn't owe any more speaking on it, but I'm absolutely sure he probably will talk about it on one or more of his podcasts.

I would be very surprised if it came up on either Mbmbam or TAZ, and I figure anything with Nick is dead.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It would be super weird if it came up in TAZ. Unless Nick was introduced in Clint's super hero game as a street level villain named Harraszor.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah as much as we were goofing on "CGI but now with Simone" and such it's far more likely all that stuff is just donezo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Justin couldn't figure out how to fish in the original Nier, even though it was right next to him, he's a monster.

It's crazy how bad he is at video games even though it's his like main job or whatever. I guess it doesn't matter since he has a podcast empire

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I'm hoping for CGI with Griffin and Simone to rise from the ashes.

Until we find out Simone can only get off by shooting an airsoft gun into a crowded mall while shaking a kitten or whatever the new scandal will be because the world is a fart

Unfortunately, these days, all it takes for a woman's career to be destroyed is for it to be mentioned that they have gotten off at all in the past.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I mean, it's not like there isn't a hard history of Nick putting up evidence of creepy behavior like it's a big joke that we're all supposed to be in on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wva6oo2f6U

Like.. ok, dude said this "teenflirt17" was his girlfriend, and a bunch of people went to message that person and Nick realized *somehow* that it didn't exist. How would he have realized that if he, too, wasn't going to check out this imaginary girlfriend? How thrifsty do you have to be to pretend to be a fake girl and text with people that think you're Actually A Girl. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

If Griffin started doing CGI with Lin-Manuel Miranda would that be more or less controversial?