Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Zomborgon posted:

There's always cable-running contractors, and running a single network cable wouldn't be that expensive unless your routing would go through concrete or something.

Or they rent a place where that would be against terms of their lease, or they are young enough to have Luddite parents, or they just don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to do it when they weren't complaining about it in the first place.

Not going to bust someone's balls over gaming on wifi. (just the controller using first person shooters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Party Plane Jones posted:

Ran into our first probable hacker cause I don't see how anybody could reliably pull off 3 round bunny hopping bursts:
https://streamable.com/l6us0

They are either really good or... definitely hacking. 1 for 2 in solo with a 27 kda and 50% win rate

https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/EMS__QQQ/duo?region=agg

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

Gildiss posted:

I use these to get my internet from downstairs where the modem is to my office upstairs.

https://www.amazon.com/Pass-Thru-Et...98WJKCZBPEPFXYM

Just don't actually use anything to plug into them, I just got these models because of the 2 internet ports.

Sorcery!! I had never heard of this technology before, thanks.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Player characters aren't so much the problem as the first person camera seems to be located in your chest, not your head. Siege had the same problem for a while.

They don't seem to be. If you run right up to someone in the lobby your camera is at their eye level. I think the models actually are just small to accommodate third-person.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Taffer posted:

They don't seem to be. If you run right up to someone in the lobby your camera is at their eye level. I think the models actually are just small to accommodate third-person.

Yep, everybody's a shorty in this game.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

You can also tell the camera is in the head/eyes because people keep posting screenshots of that split second when the game first loads but your head model hasn't disappeared from first person view yet- the camera is right behind your eyeballs and above your teeth.

Players are abnormally short in this game, the scaling is way off on tons of different world models, and the running animations are exaggerated so any time you're in motion your head dips really low and you seem to be another foot shorter than your already five-foot stature.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This game is secretly about a heightist genocide.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

This game is secretly about a heightist genocide.

It is secretly about hating your self for not being psychic and John Wick at the same time.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RizieN posted:

No, you're right, it happens to me literally every single time. NEVER MY FAULT. I promise.

So does a double-barrel to the chest, lvl3 armor, instantly down everyone? Because I know goddamn well that there are games where I've had to hit them twice with the double barrel and they had less armor than me. I mean, I had 75% health, but I still feel like this is bogus af. And you don't need to comment on my crosshair being too low, I know. Edit; looks like a head shot, my helmet gets destroyed, but it didn't say that he head-shotted me. Level 3 vest is untouched. Amazing.

https://clips.twitch.tv/InexpensiveMotionlessWrenchYouWHY

Also, if you just want to skip to the end I've got some footage I think goons will enjoy. Sick fucks.

hitting someone with all 9 pellets of any non-automatic shotguns does 99 listed damage to t3 armor (realistically, it probably just has an insta-kill mechanic if you hit all 9) and more than 100 in literally every other combination. when youre at 80-85% health and a dude peeks you like that, you're dead. he'd have to be the worst player in the history of the game to loving miss that shot, lol

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 6, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Verviticus posted:

he'd have to be the worst player in the history of the game to loving miss that shot, lol

sup

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Verviticus posted:

he'd have to be the worst player in the history of the game to loving miss that shot, lol

I would have completely missed him while he chained headshots on me.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
goons notwithstanding, youre stationary around a wall that he's peeking third person, he had to strafe like two feet and click vaguely at you

edit: the stream gifs are really good tho

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
I got some wierd bug where my framerate dropped to like 15-20fps late game and my gpu usage went down the shitter. Playing on all medium usually I keep consistent at around 70fps. Temperatures are fine and cpu usage wasnt maxed out. Someone told me the circle could cause this?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

a friend has that happen but only on rain maps, we've never figured out what it was

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Yeah I had to quit the game since it got so bad, on i7-3770k at 4.4ghz and 1070gtx, 16gb ram, and the game is on an SSD. I'll have to fudge around with my settings if it happens again.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jumping out of cars is my nemesis.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Lladre posted:

It's best to always just crash headfirst into something.

What's the threshold for instantly dying when getting out of a car? I think it's like 30km/h or lower?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Is there a way to avoid steam making me sit on an item for a week before I can sell it? I have my phone as an Authenticator. It’s really obnoxious.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

Is there a way to avoid steam making me sit on an item for a week before I can sell it? I have my phone as an Authenticator. It’s really obnoxious.

If you're talking about mass selling poo poo (like hundreds of items/cards at once) you can use the Steam Desktop Authenticator which is sort of the only sane option for doing so; however if you already have mobile auth set up and its still making you sit a week then its doing that for everybody.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
How do I not kill myself with motorcycles?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

GreenMarine posted:

How do I not kill myself with motorcycles?

Drive slower, and use the air control keys

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Use ctrl to always land on your front tire, as counterintuitive as it sounds. If you land on your rear tire you will do a front flip and it will kick you off the bike and probably kill you.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Hackan Slash posted:

It's best to always just crash headfirst into something.

What's the threshold for instantly dying when getting out of a car? I think it's like 30km/h or lower?
I've seen someone die when they hopped out at 4km/h so I aren't sure there is any "safe" value. If the car is moving you stand a chance of killing yourself.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Is anyone else seemingly having problems with lag at the moment?

Also, the weapon drop rate has turned to crap now. They really need to fix this because it's ridiculous.

Every house should have at least one weapon in a town.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

If you're talking about mass selling poo poo (like hundreds of items/cards at once) you can use the Steam Desktop Authenticator which is sort of the only sane option for doing so; however if you already have mobile auth set up and its still making you sit a week then its doing that for everybody.

He probably means the keycrate items, in which case I don't think there's a way around it but try to get in on that early. Or even sit on your poo poo, market prices for the non-key new poo poo have fluctuated up and down wildly, some items drop to like $8 and then jump into the $20s, and people are paying for it. Hell, people are buying Matrix coats and miniskirts at the insane asking prices. Since the keycrate poo poo is supposedly limited-time-only it means the potential amount you could sucker from people could shoot up after they rotate this box out.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Taffer posted:

Drive slower, and use the air control keys

Wait, what?

Air... controls?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Who the heck buys these items? I mean, I'm glad to be selling my cosmetic internet items for money but poo poo... what's wrong with people?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Has anyone else noticed that there's no chatting in the lobby or is it just me? I can only hear my teammates and it's set to all. I've muted and unmuted and this has happened even after restarting my computer (for other reasons).

cougar cub posted:

Who the heck buys these items? I mean, I'm glad to be selling my cosmetic internet items for money but poo poo... what's wrong with people?

I spent 79 cents to buy my puffy purple jacket for my murder barbie and she loves it.

:colbert:

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Count Bleck posted:

Wait, what?

Air... controls?

Does noone check the key-bindings as their first port of call in a new game anymore? There are keys listed as air control in the settings menu, they are used for controlling pitch and roll on bikes mid-air. Go forth and do some sick tricks die slightly less on bikes.

Additionally is anyone having issues accessing their costume inventory right now? I'm OC local.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Has anyone else gotten a skirt from the paid box yet? I just opened a white school skirt that looks p nice but I'm guessing there will be a flood of white school skirts once they all are tradable.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

XTimmy posted:

Does noone check the key-bindings as their first port of call in a new game anymore? There are keys listed as air control in the settings menu, they are used for controlling pitch and roll on bikes mid-air. Go forth and do some sick tricks die slightly less on bikes.

Additionally is anyone having issues accessing their costume inventory right now? I'm OC local.

To be fair, the air control was patched in last month; anyone who checked the bindings when the game was new and has been playing for more than a month would miss that if they don't obsessively read patch notes.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lmao yall just got shown up by old man gramps wtf

https://twitter.com/FATAL1TY/status/894338630583320576

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Wow, that #5 name...

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Lt_Tofu posted:

Wow, that #5 name...

what the gently caress is wrong with people

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Economic anxiety.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

odiv posted:

Economic anxiety.

sooo fuckin anxious lmao

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
who do I talk to to try and convince Blue hole to add novelty car horn sounds to crates

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Lladre posted:

same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w1MR-KyvIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Got my first solo chicken dinner. Feels really good. All of my kills were in the last 5 minutes. I also suck at hitting moving targets, except for motorbikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64w9WfGO8Cs

• Locked thread