Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Xtanstic posted:

Condolences.

So by the by, why is EG/RTZ so obsessed with Visage? Is it a classic case of a hero being buffed many patches in a row + some talent that makes him disgusting in some way?

Also OG picks it for notail a lot, and I think started doing that before EG was willing to pick it in tournaments. Though there were one or two rtz visage picks months ago that didn't really work out so well, before the current trend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I expect the upper bracket will be Liquid and the 3 Chinese teams. EG will make the deep lower bracket run again.

Lower bracket predictions: Secret over Execration, C9 over Empire, DC over IGV, and I want Infamous to kick OG out the loving door too much to make an impartial prediction on that match.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

emdash posted:

Also OG picks it for notail a lot, and I think started doing that before EG was willing to pick it in tournaments. Though there were one or two rtz visage picks months ago that didn't really work out so well, before the current trend

The difference is that notail is actually good at it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't able to watch yesterday. I was planning on checking out the replays for EG and C9s games (to see if C9 managed to gently caress up badly enough to not even make it to the main stage).

Are those games and/or any other games worth watching (without spoiling the results please.)

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
got my pflax and kaci troves, TI hats are done for me

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

EG and OG have been running it since MDL maybe even before. He's just a strong tower pusher and the familiars are insanely strong and tanky with visage's passive

Not to mention you can sit in a lane and farm while setting up ganks/pushes across the map. A good hero in the early meta/need to establish strong lane dominence meta that seems prevalent right now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
There is a very good chance TNC is going to eliminate OG again this year :puckout:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
lol did this get posted yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJlGQ20wFY

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Reality Winner posted:

There is a very good chance TNC is going to eliminate OG again this year :puckout:

I have the TNC/OG rematch in my bracket, but OG goes through and gets dropped by VP the following round. I think it's more poetic that way.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am glad I watched the C9 vs DC games. Those were peak Clown9.

Well, almost peak since they did win.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Ends up badges were at Will Call despite Ticketmaster saying otherwise. Feels good to have em in hand.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Re: Visage, I've seen iceiceice playing it offlane on his stream (which is hilarious, watch his stream, hes like 8.8k SEA) using grave chill as an escape, it looks terrible but he makes it work, very funny

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Exterminate OG! You can do it Perú!

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
Does anyone know if the quarter finals correspond to appropriate lower bracket? Like in this picture?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

They do

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

DoctorJones posted:

Does anyone know if the quarter finals correspond to appropriate lower bracket? Like in this picture?

The one on the official TI website is the most detailed one:

Tomorrow's games:
https://twitter.com/LDeeep/status/894338387796148224

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I wonder if LD will oversleep this one

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Someone hook up a mic to Tobi during the cosplay contest so he says something bad and dumb and costs himself the grand final

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

My bracket predictions. Go Infamous!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

Someone hook up a mic to Tobi during the cosplay contest so he says something bad and dumb and costs himself the grand final

Never hook a mic to Tobi for any goddamn reason

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ragingsheep posted:

My bracket predictions. Go Infamous!

Not good picks, sorry.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

If you don't have Infamous beating OG in your bracket, then you're a drat coward.

jeef
Jun 1, 2004

i missed virtually all of the group stage as i was traveling... is there a list of any standout games somewhere?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

turboraton posted:

Exterminate OG! You can do it Perú!

I read this in your accent.

Comment on my posts to your wall dude!!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

a witch posted:

If you don't have Infamous beating OG in your bracket, then you're a drat coward.

It's me, the coward. :negative:

I want my points. But in my heart of hearts I believe Peru has a legit chance to bo1 OG into disbandment.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
At this year's TI, OG has only won the first game in their series against C9, HR and IG. If it was a Bo3 against Infamous, I think they'd be almost guaranteed but a Bo1 will be very tricky for them.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I look forward to watch them Arc Warden their way into irrelevance.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

At this year's TI, OG has only won the first game in their series against C9, HR and IG. If it was a Bo3 against Infamous, I think they'd be almost guaranteed but a Bo1 will be very tricky for them.

Fly and Notail have been playing since TI3 and have never won a Bo3 at TI. Lol.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Watch it all go to poo poo for me.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Has VP not looked as strong as they used to? Did they get hit by nerfs? Because if they looked like they did back around Kiev I don't see EG getting past them because Solo > Crit and Ramses > Artour

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Kild posted:

Fly and Notail have been playing since TI3 and have never won a Bo3 at TI. Lol.

Out of 21 potential games (7 Bo3 series), Fly is 2/21 and Notail is 1/21 lol.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Basically I want C9 to beat EG. loving it might happen!

gently caress.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

kater posted:

Basically I want C9 to beat EG. loving it might happen!

gently caress.

So does Theeban become an incredibly rich video gamer at the end of your bracket or not?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think I actually forgot to pick a winner.

Can they just play forever?

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
Covering both bases. Liquid winning in predictions and EG winning bracket. Just need chinese doto to fold real hard.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
loving yes dude

Go infamous

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
all these whiteboard tweets have their teams on expecting their opponents to be dire all the time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Less than four hours!

!!!

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

IcePhoenix posted:

Less than four hours!

!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
Are they doing multiple games at the same time today?

• Locked thread