Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
While you still have the chance, make sure you take some time and hang out in the square and zoom in on the stage and watch Pearl and Marina go through thier routine. I know everyone loves to hate on Pearl but watching her dance around like an idiot while rapping makes me kinda like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like them both but I like Marina's voice more

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I hope they make the final splatfest Blood vs Cum, as a little nod to the imps

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

also hope they have more splatfest themes to come that make sense with an ink color, I had a great time pretending it was actual ketchup and mayo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it would gently caress up the whole point of turf war but I wanted so badly for the colors to blend together and make 1000 island dressing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the Pokemon Red vs Blue and Spongebob vs Patrick splatfests from the first game must have been amazing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bill Barber posted:

While you still have the chance, make sure you take some time and hang out in the square and zoom in on the stage and watch Pearl and Marina go through thier routine. I know everyone loves to hate on Pearl but watching her dance around like an idiot while rapping makes me kinda like her.

peral is cool

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Evil Eagle posted:

they need to put this song on the regular rotation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFG6770beMc

this is definitely my favorite song in the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mario vs. zelda around goty time would fuckin rule

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Reached queen right as midnight hit. Had been gone most of the day, so i barely made it, but this splatfest ruled

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the rotating music and the night time versions of all the stages. Wasn't a huge of Shifty Station but it's a cool idea to have a splatfest exclusive map to mess around on. Can't wait to see who won, but also glad to be able to play ranked again

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I betrayed everyone and went ketchup because I like marina better. I would ask forgiveness, but I know i will receive none.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Hizke posted:

I betrayed everyone and went ketchup because I like marina better. I would ask forgiveness, but I know i will receive none.

Pearl has grown on me a lot since I got the game. Everyone should give her a chance.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i meant to ask earlier: did any of the imp crew see me and a team ketchup inkjet blast each other at the same time

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Oh poo poo!

Based Mayo-san.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm going to go ahead and give our brave imp mayo crew all credit

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

R. Guyovich posted:

The 1% victory in team matches is very likely due to them honestly.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

#notourcondiment

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I knew i should have picked mayo for this guy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

24 seashells.... god drat, leanin back like i'm rich

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

The 1% victory in team matches is very likely due to them honestly.

We did it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More shells than I know what to do with

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
:sigh: a victory for white supremacy...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pretty much got my ranked mode loadout complete but I think I'm going to get a different shirt, thermal ink is kinda lame. I want something with subbsaver that looks cool, now that I can just add slots to whatever

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ths is hosed up

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I can't help but be fashion first then try to find abilities that will work with that, you don't ever want to be the guy in splatoon 1 wearing the jungle hat and moto boots

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Pretty much got my ranked mode loadout complete but I think I'm going to get a different shirt, thermal ink is kinda lame. I want something with subbsaver that looks cool, now that I can just add slots to whatever

I wear the blue hoodie with subsaver which I think looks nice, but I'm also one of those weirdos who tries to make the character look like I would in real life.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

if you play with me sometime you can order my black leather biker jacket with sub saver. it's already got four slots

HolePisser1982 posted:

24 seashells.... god drat, leanin back like i'm rich

i'm lighting cigars with snails

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Us Ketchup Queens got 21 shells. Hope the extra three were worth being on team cum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

if you play with me sometime you can order my black leather biker jacket with sub saver. it's already got four slots

i'm lighting cigars with snails

Sick, I'll have to order it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It might be fun to try and kill every boss with the skeleton gimmick transformation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit wrong thread

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

filled with an insane amount of pride/glory right now

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

i meant to ask earlier: did any of the imp crew see me and a team ketchup inkjet blast each other at the same time

that is one of my favorite things in this game, blasting the opposing inkjetter out of the sky like I'm the ketchup red baron

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

two rollers splattng each other is gods greatest gift to man

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

zen death robot posted:

The zapper is pretty cool for the team shield special
Ink Armor is probably the best all-around special since it works on your whole team and is more than enough to put you over the hump in a firefight. Gotta have smart teammates who know how to go aggressive as soon as they see it pop though.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

P-Mack posted:

that is one of my favorite things in this game, blasting the opposing inkjetter out of the sky like I'm the ketchup red baron

i love when splatoon turns into tribes for 10 seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Important MLG strats from the Stats Goons

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh wait, here are more specific stats on Last Ditch Effort. It got buffed considerably from Splatoon 1. They're rough estimates, though.

Main weapon: 25% less ink (can use for 33% longer)
Sub weapon: 15-17% less ink (can use for 17-20% longer)
Ink recovery rate: ~33-40% faster (can recover ink in ~70-75% of the time)

Also, these stack fully with both Ink Saver abilities and Ink Recovery up. They're separate multipliers applied on top, meaning that they don't suffer from diminishing returns. Have fun.

I've got LDE in my loadout now, its situational but that's a huge bonus.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
As someone who's stacking Ink Recovery/MainSaver/SubSaver, it's great to hear that it doesn't effect your current chunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

looks like i need to aim for Last Ditch Effort, Ninja Squid, and probably Tenacity as my primaries

• Locked thread