Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

love to be a general

quote:

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is at the Justice Department by 6:15 a.m., when he exercises on a treadmill near his fifth-floor office, showers in an adjoining bathroom, microwaves instant oatmeal and hand-washes the bowl, then prepares for a daily 8:20 a.m. meeting with his deputy, Rod J. Rosenstein.

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/894282971368361985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

just finished the big short

lol

just lol

we're all so hosed if an economic downturn happens under trump. there is literally no one in trump's government prepared (or willing) to actually deal with a financial downslide in a way that would preserve economic stability for the masses.

obama's bailouts saved the economy but didn't actually do anything to change wall street, all the bankers and financiers stayed in their jobs (except a few), the culture remains the same, the fictitious wealth-"creation" still exists, no reforms, no regulations, no consequences

history is going to look back at the 2007-08 crash and recognize that the actual crash was delayed at least a decade with obama taking all the credit for an economic recovery that was actually just kicking the can down the road until after his presidency ended

Dodd-frank was cool/good even if it didn't do enough. Ofc trump is doing his damndest to dismantle it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

so he gets to the office and fucks off for two hours, what a hard worker

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

deadgoon posted:

without funny tweets, without hitler speeches, without rambling interviews, what is the point of this administration

that's the beauty of it. it doesn't do anything

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

lmao his truck has already been keyed

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

TMMadman posted:

Found in his feed:

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/893488582811410432

I knew I was reading about transexuals more!

Trump: 0.000000003% of the population. 120% of the headlines !?!?

Russia ?!??????????!!!??

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i got this woodchuck hard cider and it tastes exactly like apple juice and idk why nobody gave me this kind of apple juice when i was a kid gently caress u mom

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
how much wood cuck would a wood cuck cuck if a wood cuck could cuck wood

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Not to bodyshame our pissbaby potus or nothin but lmfao what a frumpy dumpy trumpy fat turd

Me Danny Donkin
Aug 6, 2017

Baloogan posted:

Great stuff, I'm rly glad u got unbanned for this type of quality posting

Me Danny Donkin
Aug 6, 2017

crazy cloud posted:

Not to bodyshame our pissbaby potus or nothin but lmfao what a frumpy dumpy trumpy fat turd

The first thing u said is incompatible with the second thing imo

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

cuck my wood duck

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Me Danny Donkin posted:

lol u got so owned by me you reregged

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Trump: 0.000000003% of the population. 120% of the headlines !?!?

Russia ?!??????????!!!??

TRUMP

Me Danny Donkin
Aug 6, 2017

Baloogan posted:

lol u got so owned by me you reregged

Who even are u

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Me Danny Donkin posted:

The first thing u said is incompatible with the second thing imo

I contain multitudes

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Trump198: Das Leben ist ein ständiger Kampf zwischen Cuck und Kek

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

i got this woodchuck hard cider and it tastes exactly like apple juice and idk why nobody gave me this kind of apple juice when i was a kid gently caress u mom

Woodchuck hard cider is delicious and will get you good and drunk.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Me Danny Donkin posted:

I'm not sure if you understand shitposting.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i was drinking hella cider last year but i think its too sugary nowadays

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

I contain multitudes

im large

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Me Danny Donkin posted:

Who even are u

who were you pre rereg btw

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/894312343412383744

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I hope I'm never owned on the smething awful forums

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

we're literally due for a crash within the next few years

vastly higher peaks, deeper valleys

this graph only goes up to 18k, we're at 22k today

lol you drew a conclusion about global market predictions because of two data points

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

:thunk:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
goddamn, is there a more pathetic political figure than chris loving christie

Christie: Trump welcome to stay at state-owned beach house

quote:

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says President Donald Trump has a standing offer to stay at the state-owned beach house that Christie was sharply criticized for using during a state government shutdown.

The Republican governor made the comment Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" show.

Christie is a close political ally of Trump, who arrived in New Jersey on Friday afternoon for a 17-day trip to his private golf club in Bedminster.

Christie said the president is welcome "any time he wants" at the residence at Island Beach State Park. But it's not clear if Trump plans to take him up on the offer.

Christie made international headlines after he was photographed enjoying the beach with his family while the park was shuttered during the three-day shutdown in July.
still carrying a torch for donnie-senpai, maybe this time he'll notice me and come stay at my special no-plebs-allowed house

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Al! posted:

wait

my god

its worse than we thought

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

blue squares posted:

lol you drew a conclusion about global market predictions because of two data points

heres a global market prediction, theres a recession aroud every 6-10 years and its been 10 years

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

deadgoon posted:

you needed to find the right person to trade your bologna sandwich with mustard

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

:discourse:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mods make this the d&d background

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Here's a very important data point: TRUMP!!!!!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

still waiting :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

http://thehill.com/news-by-subject/transportation-infrastructure/345534-de-blasio-to-tax-wealthiest-new-yorkers-to-pay

quote:

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) is proposing a tax on the wealthiest 1 percent of New Yorkers to pay for much-needed repairs to the city’s subway system.

The tax, which would effect slightly less than 1 percent of New Yorkers, would push the top income tax rate from about 3.9 percent to 4.4 percent for couples earning more than $1 million and individuals whose incomes top $500,000, according to the Associated Press.

“Instead of searching for a quick-fix that doesn’t exist, or simply forking over more and more of our tax dollars every year, we have come up with a fair way to finance immediate and long-term transit improvement,” de Blasio said in a statement.

“Rather than sending the bill to working families and subway and bus riders already feeling the pressure of rising fares and bad service, we are asking the wealthiest in our city to chip in a little extra,” he added.

The new tax proposal comes as de Blasio faces heat for the city’s subway system, which has been plagued by an increasing number of breakdowns and other issues over the years, bringing a vital means of transportation in the city to a halt several times this summer.

De Blasio and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) are facing off over whether the state or the city should pay for the repairs. Cuomo declared a "state of emergency" for the subway system in June.

Pretty sure I can hear them howling from a state over.
I hope this actually goes into effect so the subway can be less rear end.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

blue squares posted:

:thunk:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Squizzle posted:

no but if i see the same pictures too many more times imma probe for them

new zuck only

and we have a zuck thread where you can post any zuck freely, i dont even read it

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

blue squares posted:

yeah there are a wild number of dummies that like to scribble on stock charts and pretend like they're doing some sort of advanced analysis

• Locked thread