Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

what the gently caress gimmick do i even give this guy? do I just make a Unique "HOT DOG MAN" gimmick and hope it goes over? i'm honestly laughing too hard at that loving picture to even think straight right now

This does remind me of the stupid idea I once had of a tag team who sold their gimmick rights to Nabisco.
So they wrestled as "Ice Cold Milk" and "An Oreo Cookie" complete with costumes.
Collectively they were of course referred to as "The Classic Combination"

Also: Just use the gimmick maker to a create a 'Wrestling Hot Dog' gimmick. Then create a 'Evil Wrestling Hotdog' gimmick for when he turns heel.

Now I want Hot Dogs.
And a bucket of fried chicken.
Wrapped in a pizza.
What forum is this again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
One thing I really appreciate is how FPW has a proper "attract mode" like an arcade game. You get like a minute of a random matchup pulled from your roster. Found that out by accident the other day when I stepped out the room for a minute. That rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
2k, retire bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8qK6oHOf14

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

mdickie is the smackdown to fire pro's aki

we truly are in a wrestling game renaissance again

edit: oh and i guess 2k are those lovely acclaim ecw games

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 4, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I actually wound up getting that game and it left me feeling like they did. I can't in good faith genuinely say 2k is a WORSE game, but holy poo poo was this stupid funtimes bullshit the most fun I've had with a wrestling game in a while and it kinda sucks we've moved away from that era of wrasslin games.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

sexpig by night posted:

I actually wound up getting that game and it left me feeling like they did. I can't in good faith genuinely say 2k is a WORSE game, but holy poo poo was this stupid funtimes bullshit the most fun I've had with a wrestling game in a while and it kinda sucks we've moved away from that era of wrasslin games.

I think of it like the NBA/NFL Street games, which I also miss dearly. Sometimes ypu don't want a perfect simulation. Sometimes you want to jump 30 feet in the air for a dunk/run on walls for a touchdown/jump off 40 stacked tables in a 5 foot ring onto an 8 foot tall Ric Flair.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MDickie games are the strongest argument that everything in a video game is secondary to 'is it fun'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

I think of it like the NBA/NFL Street games, which I also miss dearly. Sometimes ypu don't want a perfect simulation. Sometimes you want to jump 30 feet in the air for a dunk/run on walls for a touchdown/jump off 40 stacked tables in a 5 foot ring onto an 8 foot tall Ric Flair.

I was so hoping NBA Playgrounds was gonna fill that niche

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Somebody with no morals posted the list of moves that Spike has completed but is waiting to release with patches. Carlzilla alluded to this but refused to actually spoil them.

Medium Strike - European Uppercut
Strong Strike - Overhead Kick
Running - European Uppercut Attack
Running - Punching Lariat
Running - Modified Jumping Knee Kick
Running - Wheelbarrow Bulldog
Rebound - Tiltawhirl Torturerack
Rebound - Flapjack
Rebound - Pop-up Jumping Bomb
Diving - Reverse Firebird Splash
Diving - Diving Upper Elbow Smash
Diving - Diving Cutter
Weak Front Grapple - Push Over
Medium Front Grapple - Cross Arm Neckbreaker
Medium Front Grapple - European Uppercut Rush
Strong Front Grapple - Knuckle Arrow Rush
Strong Front Grapple - Screw Neckbreaker Drop
Strong Front Grapple - Spinning Flapjack
Strong Front Grapple - Phoenixplex Hold
Strong Front Grapple - Backflip Driver
Strong Front Grapple - Triple Brainbuster
Strong Front Grapple - Reverse Full Nelson Buster
Strong Front Grapple - Foothold Neckbreaker Drop
Strong Front Grapple - Spinning Backflip Driver
Strong Front Grapple - Final Power Bomb
Weak Back Grapple - Pull Down
Strong Back Grapple - Schoolboy Suplex
Face Up at Upper Body - Head Blow
Face Up at Upper Body - Shuffle Hand Fist Drop
Face Up at Lower Body - Leg & Neck Stretch
Face Down at Upper Body - Face Blow
Corner - Corner Brainbuster
Corner - O’Connor Roll German Suplex
Inside Apron Grapple - Apron Power Bomb
Outside Apron Grapple - Apron Power Bomb
Front Top Rope Counter - Top Rope Canadian Destroyer
Back Top Rope Counter - Back Cutter
Back Top Rope Counter - Flying Cyclone Whip
Double Team(?) - Bridge Crush Neckbreaker

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Pouring a nice adult beverage and participating in some mature entertainment

edit:

New champ! He won with a bearhug slam to the outside that left Bowser unable to reenter before a 20 count

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 5, 2017

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

"Why would you let people do this?!"
"I don't know, but I'm glad it exists"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm sort of glad that between Fire Pro on Steam, the 2K games getting decentish PC ports, and PWX and MDickie existing, the PC is actually a pretty solid platform for punchsport games atm

like, has this ever happened before? I can't recall any time in history before now that the PC semi-regularly got wrestling games at all let alone fun ones

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm sort of glad that between Fire Pro on Steam, the 2K games getting decentish PC ports, and PWX and MDickie existing, the PC is actually a pretty solid platform for punchsport games atm

like, has this ever happened before? I can't recall any time in history before now that the PC semi-regularly got wrestling games at all let alone fun ones
Nothing on this level before, I'm pretty sure. The 90s only got a couple of ports of bangers like WWF In Your House...

...and then outside of the occasional indie effort like MDickie, PC graps were basically non-existant until a couple of years ago.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just have to say the beard options in FPW are extremely awesome and good and I have to resist giving every single edit a cool beard.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Kins posted:

Nothing on this level before, I'm pretty sure. The 90s only got a couple of ports of bangers like WWF In Your House...

...and then outside of the occasional indie effort like MDickie, PC graps were basically non-existant until a couple of years ago.

Raw and Raw 2 for the Xbox got pc versions too.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

projecthalaxy posted:

Raw and Raw 2 for the Xbox got pc versions too.

I know Raw 1 did but I have never heard of Raw 2 getting one.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Testekill posted:

I know Raw 1 did but I have never heard of Raw 2 getting one.

I thought it did? I could definitely be wrong. I know my local target had cd copies of Raw for PC until like 2012.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
also: in my TEW 1987 game, in which I took control of Rupert Murdoch and opened Fox Sports Wrestling as a primarily TV-focused company (which ended up sucking NJPW and CMLL into an alliance with it)

I am about to pay Ric Flair sixty thousand loving dollars per month just to keep him away from WWF

I would question whether this is worth it, but I mean come on it's fuckin' Flair

e: I seriously had to go $20k over WWF's offer and say his push would never be lower than Upper Midcarder to get him to not seriously consider theirs. also, he has the NWA World Heavyweight title and that's gonna be seriously fun given I'm trying to tank the NWA.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 6, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I tried MDickie's game on my tablet. Despite it being a complete mess, I really like the mechanic of strikes being hold and release. It's a little thing but being able to cock back a punch or stagger your stomps adds an element I've never seen in a wrestling game before.

also lol

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/892383032371548160

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wonder if MDickie thinks 2K is his competition. i wonder if MDickie thinks 2K thinks MDickie is their competition.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
The 2D game had more wacky stuff like drivable motorcycles and coffins that would appear at funeral shows. I had a tribute show that was an inferno match, and everything was covered in huge flames like the Sims 1 (including the coffin, with the supposed dead wrestler in?)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if MDickie thinks 2K is his competition. i wonder if MDickie thinks 2K thinks MDickie is their competition.

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/887545546243813376
https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/886327927138377729

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 6, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

simosimo posted:

The 2D game had more wacky stuff like drivable motorcycles and coffins that would appear at funeral shows. I had a tribute show that was an inferno match, and everything was covered in huge flames like the Sims 1 (including the coffin, with the supposed dead wrestler in?)

rip nLslip

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

simosimo posted:

In an older version he had an actual gun you could shoot until people whined and he took it out. Oh, those were the days...

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Wasn't the gun ported over from his prison life game?

It was also a hidden artefact in his Christian game so you could walk around shooting people as Jesus. I assume the same thing is true of his Mohammed game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Perfect. Yes. Wonderful.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MDickie should be the creative lead for the next 2K game. He "gets" wrestling in a way nobody at 2K does.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

2K should move development from Yukes to MDickie. Give him the same budget and just see what the result is. What's the worst that could happen?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

simosimo posted:

Viking funeral procession

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
FPW: I wish edits to things like wrestler appearance or the name of a belt didn't erase title histories.

Also:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1096792648&searchtext=

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Kins posted:

WCW Nitro had a PC port and there was a mod community that used to reskin the rings/arenas

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It's funny that 2K has an acceptable engine but bad customization and zero fun ideas, while MDIckie has batshit ideas like mini-rings and limbs blowing off but they are trapped in the worst game engine I've ever played.

I won't bother comparing Fire Pro to his 2D poo poo because it is godawful but man, why didn't he learn how to make a game in an environment that doesn't run faster than like 15fps

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

It's funny that 2K has an acceptable engine but bad customization and zero fun ideas, while MDIckie has batshit ideas like mini-rings and limbs blowing off but they are trapped in the worst game engine I've ever played.

I won't bother comparing Fire Pro to his 2D poo poo because it is godawful but man, why didn't he learn how to make a game in an environment that doesn't run faster than like 15fps

Actually MDickies programs are perfect and no man or god can teach him anything and also how dare you question him

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
2k's customization is always going to be limited by the demands of the WWE brand. Like, they're not going to let you do a match in an arena with 10% attendance because WWE always has to be perceived as being popular and successful and never failing. Even the smallest crowd setting for the create-an-arena thing is like a well populated 80s TV taping, there's no "empty seats everywhere" option. They can't have people dying in-ring because of course not. The My Career stuff can't have you working indies or whatever because there is only WWE.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

2k's customization is always going to be limited by the demands of the WWE brand. Like, they're not going to let you do a match in an arena with 10% attendance because WWE always has to be perceived as being popular and successful and never failing.

I understand and agree, but will point out that you can do exactly that in the PC versions of the games, though it is only really there as a way to help keep your FPS up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

why didn't he learn how

there's your problem

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can you buy MDickies games about being saved by Jesus on steam?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

algebra testes posted:

Can you buy MDickies games about being saved by Jesus on steam?

No but you can get them for free from his website http://www.mdickie.com/downloads.htm

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ooops. I was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

We weren’t able to answer all your feedback during our previous Twitch broadcast so we’re holding another session on Wed the 16th @20:00 PTD! (Please adjust for your local time zone)

Director Matsumoto will be back to take your questions and talk about the new features coming the day after.

We’ll see you in the chat!

I'm hyped.