Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgSoYFz1U0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i am unlike the jeb! for my energy level is *high*

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

nursing homes are absolutely horrible places, but for the employees and the residents.

the turnover rate for cnas is like 97% annually. In north carolina they make something like nine dollars an hour. most assisted living places will not let their residents have cash with them because the temptation to steal it is so high. the residents are completely helpless. If they make a complaint, the workers will just say they're incompetent or lying for attention.

Generally the family members dont care.

Every time they bother with an investigation they always find out the staff were robbing the residents blind, and the management knew and decided to do nothing about it. also rape is a very big problem. but hey crazy geraldine in 117 claims she got raped again. Oh that dementia, it's a wild one.

and of course now trump wants to make it so nursing homes can force arbitration and stay out of the courts when they're caught covering up rape and theft.

Before I studied to become a nurse I worked as an orderly at a few different nursing homes. Mostly for people with dementia or physical handicaps such as paralysis, amputees and such.

It's not a life of luxury but every resident had their own bedroom, bathroom and shower. Three meals a day of pretty high quality, we usually ate with the residents as it helped with their appetites. There was usually a hairsalon, feet therapist, bridgeclub and similar activities within wheelchair distance. One place I worked at had a bar that was open every saturday.
Generally the family members did care, alot. I once got yelled at for not perming her mothers hair. It was my first day there. These places were not luxury establishment, they were all paid for with municipality taxes.

Although I must admit a few among the staff did not have the predisposition to work there but they were usually reprimanded or fired if any misconduct came to light. We once caught one women stealing oxycodone and jewelry, but we had electronic tags to their medical/valuables cabinets so she was pretty desperate/stupid for thinking she could get away with it.
But most people I encountered during those years were caring, loving people who cared for the residents, despite being paid peanuts and working poo poo hours.

This was in Sweden though

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

a.lo posted:

anybody suggest good trump podcasts on the way to work?

https://www.spreaker.com/user/mitchellvii

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

kanye 2020

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cotsco is good

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lastgirl posted:

kanye 2020

remember when kanye offered to play the inauguration and trump said he wanted the bands that played to cater to a specific type of audience lmao

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

remember when kanye offered to play the inauguration and trump said he wanted the bands that played to cater to a specific type of audience lmao

no

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

someone should make a cookie clicker cspam game

Al! posted:

ill make the wiki art.

I've already made the title page.

also is basically already almost

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cultural fit

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-american-event
Kanye West Not Invited to Perform at Trump Inauguration Because It's a 'Typically and Traditionally American' Event

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Bert Roberge posted:

I've already made the title page.

also is basically already almost deadgoon

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Good soup! posted:

Cotsco is good

ya

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

tbf trump doesnt either

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Cotsco is good

Welcome to Costco I love you

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/11/18/kanye-west-donald-trump-rant/

quote:

At last night’s stop of the Saint Pablo Tour in San Jose, Kanye spoke at length on his admiration of President-elect Donald Trump. And people are not happy, so unhappy that Kanye incited the crowd to the point of a massive walkout.

The republicans will unseat Trump and we will have Kanye as the republican nominee for president 2020.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

etalian posted:

Welcome to Costco I love you

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

oh man svu has a sting on dirty cops, lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh man svu has a sting on dirty cops, lol

i am channel surfin cuz

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-american-event
Kanye West Not Invited to Perform at Trump Inauguration Because It's a 'Typically and Traditionally American' Event

I'm happy Kanye got Trumped.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I can't eat all this toast

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zyla posted:

yeah sure zuck whatever

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Zyla posted:

i had a whole red snapper for dinner also toast is high carb

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

yeah even come for the fancy computer pen i wrote that with

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't like that Kanye guy. He seems weird

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zyla posted:

sorry zuck

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Squizzle posted:

sorry zuck

sounds kinda . . . cucked

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/894311281208864768

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't like that Kanye guy. He seems weird

hes also a very bad rapper

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:monocle:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oh turns out there is an easy way to make those clicker games

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hosed up if true

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Science!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

• Locked thread