Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I see more as shepherding Cultists. Who benefit most form the buffs Dark Apostles give.

Like I can imagine a Word Bearers army that is just several Dark Apostles surrounded by Cultists. )With them being most spread out around the Warlord of them as his aura is bigger. The Cultist Meat Shields protect the Apostles who spend most of their time summoning more and more Daemons.

That makes sense. It's still a cool, unique spin on a Chaos army, compared to the other ones that (at least ideally) are more Marine focused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Cross-Posting the Brownest Chapter ever: the appropriately named SA

gently caress Rhinox Hide, such a bitch to highlight...

Stealth Avengers (SA for short).

SA was founded during the 69th AKA Goony Founding using Geneseed from both missing Primarch's. They were the first chapter to successfully create female Space Marines and they awoke the Emperor from his nap for a chat to let him know about the Stupid Newbie Primarch Bobby Girlyman's plans to take over the Imperium of (wo)man. The Emperor was glad of the news as Girlyman had already had a meeting with him in private and was informed of SA's Chapter Tactics of using Psyker's to shitpost through the Warp to the other chapters. For punishment the Emperor made the once proud Chapter go on a Penitent Crusade to the Reddit Sector in the Maelstrom.

It was during their jaunt through the Reddit Sector, hence forth know as the Brown Sea that their once gleaming armour became covered in brown, maybe the Chaos gods were punishing rewarding the chapter for the endless pictures of cats they were sending to their battle brothers in the Ultramarines. The Chapter master Angoon (who was actually Alpharius' triplet) tried to burn the brown from their Mk XXI Super Primaris armour that "totally had a 1+ Inv save guys". But every time he attempted to do it the brown would reappear. Chief Librarian Dickus Buttus had a great idea of painting the flames on and then coating them with Gloss Varnish as "that poo poo" usually doesn't ruin a model suit of armour.

The Chapter was last seen griefing everybody they came across in the warp, one battle brother however was recently spotted by an Imperial Servitor drone (camera phone and LED bulb) and the captured image below has been sent to every Ordo.

(The Logo is SA with Goon fading out below it, because it's stealthy :downsrim:)

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

SRM posted:

My buddy came up with the list on his own when reading through the Tau index and was excited to see all his Fire Warriors would be useful, the Wolves guy was just really salty.

I expect at least part of it is that when you go and look at what people are doing with Tau it is either commander spam or infantry spam, and since most people never played Tau for inf they made the assumption that they were netlisting. :v:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hold up. I'm listening to the independent characters podcast, and they're talking about how Cawl has the genetic coding for 20 Space Marine Legions.

Where is this from? The Dark Imperium book?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Zuul the Cat posted:

Hold up. I'm listening to the independent characters podcast, and they're talking about how Cawl has the genetic coding for 20 Space Marine Legions.

I'm not sure where exactly but he has an artifact that contains the juice from all 20 original primarchs, including the traitors and the two lost ones. I think Gulliman gave it to him.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Got this big stompy dude ready for the tourney, pretty happy with him:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

General Olloth posted:

So I'm looking at the Dark Eldar range online and why is half the plastic kits webstore exclusive? That's kinda stupid?

Were they selling that badly?

They're repackaging a bunch of stuff for 8th, it's probably that

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Zuul the Cat posted:

It comes up in Dark Imperium. Cawl claims he's already started making Primaris based on the pure stocks of Traitor geneseed and Bobby goes off on a rant. They argue and Cawl makes it clear he's just gonna continue is private.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
GW are releasing a box of hundreds of plastic skulls.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Surprising it's taken this long tbh.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Corrode posted:

They're repackaging a bunch of stuff for 8th, it's probably that

They did the same thing in fantasy: take the three elf factions, slap them together, and get rid of the redundant kits. Probably that more likely.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Resin kits generally get taken from physical stores, due to resin being a pain to work with. Eldar aren't getting amalgamated any time soon.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I want this set a lot.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I really hope this means I'll be seeing Word Bearers running piles of cultists and just ripping greater daemons out of the warp.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

moths posted:

I really hope this means I'll be seeing Word Bearers running piles of cultists and just ripping greater daemons out of the warp.

Anyone better at math than me wanna run the numbers on how often 3d6 with partial rerolls will hit certain breakpoints?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

More importantly, a primaris ultramarines upgrade sprue. :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It'd be even better if they named it World Eaters Upgrade Box.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Who wants an imgur gallery of pictures of warhams games! I was even playing some of them!

http://imgur.com/a/dXbXw

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 6, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Before this game, I said to Missus Optional, "I dunno about bringing a plane to a game on a 4 foot table. I think he's gonna fly it off the table by turn 3."

Bottom of turn two, his Blitza-Bommer ends up an inch and a half away from the table edge. Now I feel like a drat fool for shooting at it.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Had a short game today with a necron player that got called for time. Highlight was my contemptor wiping a wraith unit in one fight phase, he failed 3 of the 4 invuln saves for 3 damage a hit. :black101:

First game of the day was vs tyranids. 1000 points. I had a captain, a jump pack Lt, 5 vanguard, contemptor, 5 scouts, 2 5-man tac squads, predator, razorback.

He had flyrant, broodlord,, hive crone or harpy I forget which (It had barbed stranglers), malaceptor, 3 warriors, 2 10-model genestealer broods

I won the game 9-8. He got some good luck early on when my contemptor completely failed to kill his malaceptor for 2 turns and then got smited to death, and my captain couldn't land a single wound on his flyrant with a relic blade and got killed despite armor indomitus. But I basically shot the poo poo out of him, overcharged plasma gunners in the razorback tore into his MCs, along with my predator's lascannons. Razorback's assault cannon scythed through genestealers, since they were small broods I was able to quickly neuter them with a few casualties. My jump pack guys failed their charges despite the konor stratagem for +1 charge range and got eaten by the genestealers, and so did my scouts, but the two tac squads and the two tanks ran the table. The malaceptor was hot garbage, he just had decent rolls with his invuln saves and managed to get hits on my contemptor even when degraded to WS 6+.

I watched my friend Dan (The guy that uses armies of nothing but gaunts and genestealers) play that same guy after me, and Dan utterly annihilated him. Dan's 1000 point army was I think 56 genestealers and 2 broodlords. He got a turn 1 charge in and I think he tabled him by turn 3.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare razorback heavy bolter or Crusader assault cannon turret? I'm not a fan of the third party ones generally and I want to make my Land Raider as versatile as Uroboros' sweet one a few pages back.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

moths posted:

God, I hope. Tactics in general seem to be differentiating troop makeup to a degree, but I'm feeling like World Bearers are getting it the most uniquely.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Anyone better at math than me wanna run the numbers on how often 3d6 with partial rerolls will hit certain breakpoints?

The Keeper of Secrets only takes an 11, and you don't need to declare you're going for a Greater. So if 3.5 averages, you're already looking at 10.5 average on three dice, before the reroll.

But what's really nice is that if you DON'T get it, you can still summon daemonettes, chariot, fiends, or any of the other crazy things in the Slaanesh stable.

I didn't realize Khorne only has the Bloodthirsters of ____. Which are 17s, so good luck there.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

moths posted:

I've been looking for a reason to use the cultists, DV Chosen, and plastic Greater Daemons. This sounds like a good way to do that.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Played and lost hard this evening - I decided to tone it down and take a zany list, because I thought my friends were growing sick of slogging against my Imperial Guard army. So I took some zany inquisition stuff and one of each assassin type in a 1k game. This unfortunately coincided with my opponent deciding his Tyranid lists weren't working, so he arrived with 90 termagants and 2 Tervigons! Something of a mismatch. Nothing I could really do to his army, so I just got slowly swarmed to death. Tabled in turn 6. Obviously not their ideal targets, but even so I was struck by how pointless Inquisitors are now. The assassins and ministorum close combat squads (Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins) that I took, I can see where they would be useful. The Inquisitors are just overpriced Psykers, they have no real benefit over a Primaris Psyker and their buffs to other models are negligible.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a spare razorback heavy bolter or Crusader assault cannon turret? I'm not a fan of the third party ones generally and I want to make my Land Raider as versatile as Uroboros' sweet one a few pages back.

I think I have some razorback heavy bolters sitting around somewhere. This is just the guns and not the turret assembly though. If you're interested I can double check when I get home and you can just have them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

moths posted:

The Keeper of Secrets only takes an 11, and you don't need to declare you're going for a Greater. So if 3.5 averages, you're already looking at 10.5 average on three dice, before the reroll.

But what's really nice is that if you DON'T get it, you can still summon daemonettes, chariot, fiends, or any of the other crazy things in the Slaanesh stable.

I didn't realize Khorne only has the Bloodthirsters of ____. Which are 17s, so good luck there.

Yeah, if you want greater demons to be cheap, easy, and reliable, Slaanesh and Nurgle are your best bets. A lot of Nurgle's units are cheap and easy to summon, although that benefit is somewhat hindered by the Word Bearers making rerolls so easy, but even on a bad roll you could summon two Beasts of Nurgle to protect your troops via Heroic Interventions or drag Epidemius out to buff up the rest of your Nurgle demons. Meanwhile, a roll of 15 (a high target but not too uncommon, especially when you can pick and choose which dice to reroll) can give you a clump of 30 Plaguebearers, 6 Plague Drones, or let the Great Unclean One come rolling out. I'm sure the Death Guard Codex will add a Nurgle demon here or there to serve as good options too, including those multi-legged slug things.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Holy gently caress, Fury of Khorne strategem letting heretic astartes immediately fight again at the end of the fight phase is going to obliterate poo poo off the table.

Edit: especially Khorne Berzerkers

Fight, pile in, fight, pile in, fight, pile in.

Bye bye imperium gunline.

:unsmigghh: :black101:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 7, 2017

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Genghis Cohen posted:

Played and lost hard this evening - I decided to tone it down and take a zany list, because I thought my friends were growing sick of slogging against my Imperial Guard army. So I took some zany inquisition stuff and one of each assassin type in a 1k game. This unfortunately coincided with my opponent deciding his Tyranid lists weren't working, so he arrived with 90 termagants and 2 Tervigons! Something of a mismatch. Nothing I could really do to his army, so I just got slowly swarmed to death. Tabled in turn 6. Obviously not their ideal targets, but even so I was struck by how pointless Inquisitors are now. The assassins and ministorum close combat squads (Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins) that I took, I can see where they would be useful. The Inquisitors are just overpriced Psykers, they have no real benefit over a Primaris Psyker and their buffs to other models are negligible.

I like Greyfax, but I can't see the use of a normal inquisitor.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Holy gently caress, Fury of Khorne strategem letting heretic astartes immediately fight again at the end of the fight phase is going to obliterate poo poo off the table.

It's twice in the fight phase, rather than fight twice each time they're called to fight. So I think they'd only get three fights. That said, it's an insane combo, especially when you don't even need to be World Eaters to use that stratagem. Hell, I'd almost argue for Alpha Legion Berzerkers, since you can spend another command point to drop them right in your opponent's face and ensure you can get right to demolishing their gunline.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Yeah but you've got to declare charges on all of that gunline, or else when you pile in you can't attack them.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Screening units with flamers are becoming increasingly important against assault armies. I think most players would be hesitant to agressively multi-assault when they know this will mean eating overwatch from multiple auto-hitting weapons.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So with land speeders getting a price reduction, thinking about using a storm as a scout bunker.

Give it a heavy bolter and set it up somewhere in my deployment with a squad of sniper scouts, maybe give one a missile launcher. Gives them a T5 W7 bunker to hide in, and if it doesn't die it'll deliver obsec scouts somwhere late game. If it does die they just step out of it and keep shooting.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
After assembling almost all of Dark Imperium it would seem that I am missing a base for one of the Death Guard characters

Is this a common occurrence with the Best Edition We've Been Waiting For

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

goose willis posted:

After assembling almost all of Dark Imperium it would seem that I am missing a base for one of the Death Guard characters

Is this a common occurrence with the Best Edition We've Been Waiting For

Yes definitely missing one base is indicative of a terrible edition.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If I contacted GW support are they gonna be like "haha gently caress off" or are they gonna mail me a base for the cool Nurgle dude with all the bells

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Why not call them and find out?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Texmo posted:

Why not call them and find out?

He could probably even email them to minimize any need of social interaction!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Two games deep into the Konor campaign, and I gotta say, if I was a xenos player I'd be pretty unhappy with it. First week assigned a side to Imperium players (which means the majority of players IIRC) and that side had a pretty big advantage in terms of victory conditions. This week, basically every xenos race except Necrons that fights any flavor of Marines will get hosed out of victory points. Top all this off with the SM Codex giving SM players way more options for the first two weeks and it doesn't seem super balanced, and I say that as a Marines player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

PantsOptional posted:

Two games deep into the Konor campaign, and I gotta say, if I was a xenos player I'd be pretty unhappy with it. First week assigned a side to Imperium players (which means the majority of players IIRC) and that side had a pretty big advantage in terms of victory conditions. This week, basically every xenos race except Necrons that fights any flavor of Marines will get hosed out of victory points. Top all this off with the SM Codex giving SM players way more options for the first two weeks and it doesn't seem super balanced, and I say that as a Marines player.

Yeah. Doubling victory points if you have a 2+ or 3+ save is laughable.

The xenos players here responded with battlesuit tau, immortal/lychguard necrons, and nidzilla from what I saw.