Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

In It For The Tank posted:

As if Ramsay wasn't the main character between Seasons 3 - 6. :v:

But what happened to the 20 good men? I need closure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Who was the main character at the wall? Mance had like 4 scenes total.

Ygritte and, to a lesser extent, Tormund.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

lezard_valeth posted:

OH MY loving GOD.

Tyrion and Varys STILL insist on the "No, kleesy, no use drgn plz" even after said dragons produce the first positive result in the war they have been loving up till now.

Can Tyrion just die already?

I assume they have this conversation after Dany roasts Tarly and son.

... Which, I mean, what did they expect? She literally did poo poo like this in the past, and I am pretty sure historically was even how Aegon conquered Westeros in the first place (as Harrenhal can attest)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Krinkle posted:

I thought the spoilers said the dragon would die and turn into an iceball and yet it seems perfectly healthy to me. Also that it would be a lovely green dragon and not the big boy.

Green dragon dies to Night's King Blizzaga in episode 6.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Krinkle posted:

I thought the spoilers said the dragon would die and turn into an iceball and yet it seems perfectly healthy to me. Also that it would be a lovely green dragon and not the big boy.

So perhaps the spoilers about the small dragon north of the wall werent talking about the big dragon south of the wall?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
For all the comments made about "once the gold arrives" and "assuming the gold gets here" from the iron banker I'm kinda shocked the gold actually made it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krinkle posted:

That's episode 6

efb

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I just wanted to drop in and say that the "who taught you how to do that?" "No one." exchange justified Arya's entire arc last year.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

For all the comments made about "once the gold arrives" and "assuming the gold gets here" from the iron banker I'm kinda shocked the gold actually made it

D&D: See, we can subvert tropes, we're good writers! :eng101:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She burned the food because she apparently forgot she was having trouble feeding the Dothraki, which she herself mentioned earlier in the episode(Dany dumb)

She burned the food because it was there when she decided to burn stuff.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Arglebargle III posted:

She burned the food because it was there when she decided to burn stuff.

Daenarys Trogdor the Burninator

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
Finally, Season 7 gives us an entertaining episode. And Euron Greyjoy was nowhere to be found. Coincidence?

Wonder if the arrow that hit the dragon has poison on it, since the Lannisters are all about the poison.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

After 53.6 hours of television Itchy and Scratchy finally made it to the fireworks factory vis a vis them dragons.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Man, the writing is getting lazier and lazier

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CDHiggs posted:

Coincidence?

Yes.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

cravius posted:

"What did you do?"
"Many things."

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I love that all the Stark children are basically superheroes now or have magic powers except Sansa.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

cravius posted:

grrm could have done it lazier

i mean, he is

by not

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Harlock posted:

I love that all the Stark children are basically superheroes now or have magic powers except Sansa.

sansas superpower is snark

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

anime was right posted:

sansas superpower is snark

And height

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Sansa will awaken the phoenix and blast NK's rear end.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Littlefinger's character since they passed the books has been pretty dumb, but him ultimately being done in by the one person he can't manipulate because he can see the past and has no worldly desires to exploit, and with the dagger he betrayed Ned with is a pretty good bookend.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

I like Dickon, I hope he survives when Tarly Sr. gets roasted

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Littlefinger's character since they passed the books has been pretty dumb, but him ultimately being done in by the one person he can't manipulate because he can see the past and has no worldly desires to exploit, and with the dagger he betrayed Ned with is a pretty good bookend.

The only weapon against peak sleaziness is peak autism.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cornflakes posted:

It doesn't appear he does.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Both Bronn and Jamie dodged a dragon's flames that were apparently big/wide enough to turn a group of >8 people huddled together into ashes. They are ninjas.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

three posted:

Both Bronn and Jamie dodged a dragon's flames that were apparently big/wide enough to turn a group of >8 people huddled together into ashes. They are ninjas.

It says here in the rules they should still take half damge. :colbert:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Cornflakes posted:

I mean for the audience perspective Dickon has to die so they can kind of empathize with Varis' perspective about Danny maybe becoming a new Mad Queen and the focus of the next episode to keep her from going over the edge.

We're not supposed to like Randall Tarly because he was a huge rear end in a top hat to Sam, a racist to Gilly, and betrayed Olenna. He's a villain.

But his son Dickon just got some The Walking Dead-style last minute character development to make him likable. His regret for the battle at Highgarden because he knew some of the people he fought against and died, he saved Jaime from being killed by a Dothraki rider during this episode. Danny pretty much has to roast him along with his father for the action to be seen as morally grey and not just the hero punishing a bad guy, which doesn't sell the "holy poo poo she's acting like her dad" storyline.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 7, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'd laugh if Tyrion got mad Bronn was willing to risk his life for Jaime but wouldn't do the same for him with fighting the Mountain.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Best episode, of the best season of the best tv show.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I mean for the audience perspective Dickon has to die so they can kind of empathize with Varis' perspective about Danny maybe becoming a new Mad Queen and the focus of the next episode to keep her from going over the edge.

We're not supposed to like Randall Tarly because he was a huge rear end in a top hat to Sam, a racist to Gilly, and betrayed Olenna. He's a villain.

But his son Dickon just got some The Walking Dead-style last minute character development to make him likeable His regret for the battle at Highgarden because he knew some of the people he killed, he saved Jaime from being killed by a Dothraki rider during this episode. Danny pretty much has to roast him along with his father for the action to be seen as morally grey and not just the hero punishing a bad guy, which doesn't sell the "holy poo poo she's acting like her dad" storyline.

Nah, that boat has sailed.

The right moment to make the audience care at all for Dickon was last season with his reunion with Sam, and his conversation amounted to "I like hunting. I went hunting today. Do you hunt in the Wall too?"

And then he got recast.

If you wanna make the audience have second thoughts on Daenerys' way of doing things, have her roast Bronn.

Please don't let her roast Bronn.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

bobjr posted:

I'd laugh if Tyrion got mad Bronn was willing to risk his life for Jaime but wouldn't do the same for him with fighting the Mountain.

He really wants that castle.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah, that boat has sailed.

The right moment to make the audience care at all for Dickon was last season with his reunion with Sam, and his conversation amounted to "I like hunting. I went hunting today. Do you hunt in the Wall too?"

And then he got recast.

If you wanna make the audience have second thoughts on Daenerys' way of doing things, have her roast Bronn.

Please don't let her roast Bronn.

I think Dany executing Bronn would be too extreme. That would be closer to Stannis burning Shireen in turning a massive chunk of the audience against her.

Dickon is juuuust likable but not developed enough to make you go :raise: but not enough to make you full on start actively rooting against her character.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 7, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JT Jag posted:

I just wanted to drop in and say that the "who taught you how to do that?" "No one." exchange justified Arya's entire arc last year.

loving :same:

Best character moment we've had in years.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Nobodys roasting Bronn he is the roaster

dickon

Come on

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

good ep, but would've been better if the production team understood the concept of enfilade fire

roastcount++

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

The autist formerly known as Bran

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonights episode what the loving poo poo that was incredible :eyepop:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The emotional investment on Bran and Meera's scene was so lazy the could have just phoned in the whole thing and nobody would have noticed.

"I'm leaving"

"K, bye"

"my brother died for...aah too much effort, see ya"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Ash1138 posted:

good ep, but would've been better if the production team understood the concept of enfilade fire

roastcount++
Definitely need that tactical realism when an army of armored dudes quivers in fear of a bunch of foreign hilljacks wearing fur (at best) riding horses.

• Locked thread