Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why are they trying so hard to make Tyrion incompetent now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

This show took a long line of credit out for what Drogon just delivered. Was the scene with the Iron Bank guy some 4th wall breaking display of that? Probably,

Did that dragon pay the debt? Probably not.

Was great to watch tho/

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

best part of the episode was davos being inexplicably randy

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
i like that the dragons fire is pretty much always terrible for people. it isn't sometimes dangerous stuff, its always napalmy death for the people that get caught up in the blast. i feel like sometimes books and movies sorta shrug their shoulders at how the fire-breath works - sometimes it's a sorta like a lit fart and it looks like a gassy cough, sometimes they just show a bunch of tunnels flashing over.

not here though, here the fire fucks people because it consistently behaves like a huge flamethrower. i appreciate that.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

ElGroucho posted:

Same with little finger. Totally destroyed him being a wildcard... Unless he's playing the longest of cons...

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Yeah Drogon owning the Lannister army was cool and good and made up for the lack of titties in this episode

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

They ruined every character except maybe Jamie.

I hope they all die, bring in the reign of child-framed evil night king

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

darkhand posted:

the hound

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

darkhand posted:

Jaime is among the most-ruined, what are you talking about.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Who hasn't done jackshit for like 2 seasons

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

My greatest hope for Game of Thrones, which I'm almost certain isn't going to happen, is that they do an entire episode from Bran's POV (that would play out like the issue of Watchmen where Dr Manhattan was on Mars). Just flashing back and forth subjectively through time while he is just understanding who he is and how he feels about things.

EDIT:

darkhand posted:

Same with little finger. Totally destroyed him being a wildcard... Unless he's playing the longest of cons...

Kinda hard to play a long con when suddenly there is basically an all-seeing tree-god on the scene.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 7, 2017

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I for one appreciate Arya as is, that fight eith Brienne was pretty badass stuff.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Seeing Jaime's horse unceremoniously burnt by a dagron reminded me of an interesting article I read on the books. Jaime, leaving King's Landing to settle things in the Riverlands, rode a destrier. The name of the type of horse which means 'right-sided' the same side as the hand he lost.

It's just that type of thing that reminds me what this show misses; and that I'm glad I stopped expecting anthing from it in Season 5.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies!!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ElGroucho posted:

because the show writers cant make dany look bad ever.

LanceHunter posted:

My greatest hope for Game of Thrones, which I'm almost certain isn't going to happen, is that they do an entire episode from Bran's POV (that would play out like the issue of Watchmen where Dr Manhattan was on Mars). Just flashing back and forth subjectively through time while he is just understanding who he is and how he feels about things.

yeah pretty much.

Captain Lavender posted:

Jaime is among the most-ruined, what are you talking about.

i like jamie, he kinda grew on me throughout the seasons. now i kinda just feel bad for him.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

is there like a plinkett review kind of thing on how and why the show turned to garbage

i would pay money for something like that

idk. it started after 4. 5 was poo poo and 6 was pretty good because a bunch of shitheads died. 7 is trying to wrap poo poo up but is going about it in the most meandering way possible. everyone knows or can guess what will happen.

darkhand posted:

pretty much, but i sorta view it as littlefinger is the type of shithead who thinks he is always the smartest most cunning guy in the room but everyone knows he is up to poo poo but either find him useful in someway or are too busy. after killing joffery he kinda just go lucky and was hopping all the big houses would kill each other and he would be last man standing. but now he is thinking with his dick. my guess is he will be dead by the end of the season.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Man, you can feel bad for Jaime. But - and I mention this a positive comparison and not saying what the show should be - Jaime went through a 3 book transformation realizing he had been used for his body, his skill, his hand. And he realized that Cersei embodied everything about himself that he hated.

The show did this too, but reversed it for no reason I can come up with other than they needed to build some time (and buddy him up with Bronn) before they make him hate her again. And they will! Jaime; before the end, mark my words, will turn on Cersei again.

I'm not bothered that this character was victimized by Cersei. I'm upset that the books found a good way to make him travel that arc; and the show made him backtrack because they don't know how to spin all the plates they put their hands on.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk, shes always come off as a dumbass that only gets out of situations by her plot device line items to me

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Well, they put that wig on her....

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Jamie has been ina few interesting scenes atleast, more than i can say about most the characters, plus he has some potential to do cool poo poo, that's why I like him. He seems to have the most character development

Yeah they should explore bran's tree autism

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is it pronounced Arya or Aya
?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

darkhand posted:

Jamie has been ina few interesting scenes atleast, more than i can say about most the characters, plus he has some potential to do cool poo poo, that's why I like him. He seems to have the most character development

Yeah they should explore bran's tree autism

Yeah, I can see that with Jaime. Sorry for my book-opinion about him. He IS still somehow interesting. Going from OBVIOUS VILLAIN to 'possible co-protagonist' is interesting, at least.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

Is it pronounced Arya or Aya
?

Arya

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

'Arry - true canonical form spoken by HotPie pbuh

Captain Lavender posted:

Yeah, I can see that with Jaime. Sorry for my book-opinion about him. He IS still somehow interesting. Going from OBVIOUS VILLAIN to 'possible co-protagonist' is interesting, at least.

Yeah exactly.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Jamie was always the troubled hero.
It's just that now he's the troubled hero that gets his dick sucked by his sister whenever she murders someone.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Panamaniac posted:

It's just that now he's the troubled hero that gets his dick sucked by his sister whenever she murders someone.

Actually he was a huge rear end in a top hat for like the first 3 seasons and then he met Brienne

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
that episode rocked the gently caress right out of my face

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how in Dany's first proactive decision all season, she just ended up burning down all the food wagons that were supposed to feed everyone through the winter.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i was really hoping they'd get her some proper loving dragonriding armor but nope, same dress we saw her in previously

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies!!!!

I got news for you buddy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3eu1gW-bQ8

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Panamaniac posted:

:same:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Protagonist posted:

i was really hoping they'd get her some proper loving dragonriding armor but nope, same dress we saw her in previously

Please let us know what proper dragonriding armor is from your extensive experience reading Hickman and Weis and fingering your own butthole.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i mean literally any armor you wear while also on a dragon, not a loving dress jeeze

like a helmet, something

e; im filing this gross battle safety violation under the same as 'the giant should have had a big branch or something' pile

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Good point few posts ago goon. She's trying to win hearts and minds and she burnt all the food she was itching about losing. While at the same time her army was winning the battle that would have secured the food. I bet the dokmartins are hella hungry and pissed now. This is what happens when you let a woman drive the dragon.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I love Horny Dad Davos.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm the teleporter working hard at transporting a fleet to two different places Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, and magicking a derpraki horse and ye olde endland man about a green screen.

Hard work but someone's got to do it.

Cave painting is optional

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
This was a good episode

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I hope there are more episodes like this.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

It was only a good episode because it looked like Jaime would be killed. And dragons making it look like napalm runs from Nam.

Everything else was Danny and Jon snu going :downswords: at each other, and everyone else being NPCs waiting for the action to happen somewhere please god.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Methanar posted:

This was a good episode

every single living thing didnt die in this episode, so it's unimpressive at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7V_80EqzY

More of this too.

s6 finale owned.

Battle of the bastards, the castle black siege and s6 finale were the best episodes.