Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/FactTank/status/893498824785895424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

I don't usually listen to Cum Town, do they usually interrupt each other with bread music puns all the time

Its preety much a show where they engage in dick jokes. I would say it can be enjoyed in about ten minute clips. Which is why I just listen to clips on youtube. Mullen's stories of working retail are great.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

literally degeneration x

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
"K-Hive" sounds like K-Hole, the dissociative state I wish I were in after reading a Joy Reid tweet

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

genx is trash, boomers are like 50% trash 50% hippies

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-gently caress

Maybe it's because Gen X people have more time to care about politics as they get nearer retirement, become empty nesters, have to invent for themselves new things to care about, and realize politics is there

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

anime was right posted:

genx is trash, boomers are like 50% trash 50% hippies

in short, kill the old

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

galenanorth posted:

https://markmanson.net/not-giving-a-gently caress

Maybe it's because Gen X people have more time to care about politics as they get nearer retirement, become empty nesters, have to invent for themselves new things to care about, and realize politics is there

ya the less you have to do, the more you vote

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

But... as with everyone born from '82-'84 I am a Gen X and a Millennial, so how should I feel about this graph?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nonsense posted:

Ambitious woman was one of the stupidest things hillary thread, hillarymen, and current d&d continue to peddle

I dunno she probably did have some pretty ambitious plans for new middle east intervention!

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/17/with-new-d-c-policy-group-dems-continue-to-rehabilitate-and-unify-with-bush-era-neocons/

quote:

A newly formed and, by all appearances, well-funded national security advocacy group, devoted to more hawkish U.S. policies toward Russia and other adversaries, provides the most vivid evidence yet of this alliance. Calling itself the Alliance for Securing Democracy, the group describes itself as “a bipartisan, transatlantic initiative” that “will develop comprehensive strategies to defend against, deter, and raise the costs on Russian and other state actors’ efforts to undermine democracy and democratic institutions,” and also “will work to publicly document and expose Vladimir Putin’s ongoing efforts to subvert democracy in the United States and Europe.”

It is, in fact, the ultimate union of mainstream Democratic foreign policy officials and the world’s most militant, and militaristic, neocons. The group is led by two longtime Washington foreign policy hands, one from the establishment Democratic wing and the other a key figure among leading GOP neocons.

The Democrat, Laura Rosenberger, served as a foreign policy adviser for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and chief of staff to two Obama national security officials. The Republican is Jamie Fly, who spent the last four years as counselor for foreign and national security affairs to one of the Senate’s most hawkish members, Marco Rubio; prior to that, he served in various capacities in the Bush Pentagon and National Security Council.

:thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm listening to the rest of the cum town story and they are kind of giving me stoner vibes but also hearing about Sarah Lerner is making me cringe

like, being in that Lyft car sounds like the most insufferable experience

Is her podcast like Hilltwitter in audio form? I feel like I'm curious about it but not curious enough to try listening to it

I'd read a transcript

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The Cum Town portion of that video was insufferable much like if you had to listen to the three stooges from classic cartoons that always joke and giggle around constantly.

I mean they're stoners but I couldn't not think that as it fit so well.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

When everyone over the last decade was hating on the Boomers I kept trying to tell them Gen X was far loving worse, but no one would believe me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gen X was doomed from the start tbf

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

we are all doomed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is this suck zone?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Nah it's the Zuck zone!

Zuck Yeah!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gen X was doomed from the start tbf

Truth. We never had a chance (which our lovely boomer parents never let us forget).

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Who else but Gen X could create 90's goth

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

KomradeX posted:

When everyone over the last decade was hating on the Boomers I kept trying to tell them Gen X was far loving worse, but no one would believe me

I think that Generation Z is gonna hate our guts. We're gonna turn over the ruins of the American goverment to them after we tried to fight it's collapse with memes and hashtags.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

http://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate

What is this site and how do they rate "progressiveism" because it looks pretty flawed.

Among its "progressive" categories are "helping small businesses" and "funding homeland security."

Studio posted:

Well it's only the result of her votes from the past few months. And it's not like the senate is voting on progressive issues instead of fighting a cheeto idiot fucker

Also if you look at how they generate the %, they base it off matching votes with the majority of "11 hardcore progressive senators"

Yeah, it basically defines "progressive" only along the lines of what the Democrats are currently doing (and also doesn't seem to weight issues in a very reasonable way; it seems like a vote to increase tax rates on the highest bracket by 1% and a vote to increase tax rates on the highest bracket by 20% would be considered the same in terms of calculating its percentage).

I've noticed over the past year+ that liberals highly value statistics but are very, very bad at actually using them. I almost feel like a flawed use of statistics is worse than no use at all, since it lends false legitimacy to things.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 05:22 on Aug 7, 2017

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

http://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate

What is this site and how do they rate "progressiveism" because it looks pretty flawed.

quote:

The algorithm that we've used to come up with these progressive scores is as follows: We take ANY VOTE in which a majority of the progressives we've identified--so in the House say, if there were no absences, it would be 19 of 37--voted in opposition to a majority of the Republican caucus and have that vote qualify for the database. The same process is used in the Senate. So, non-ideological votes such as National Groundhog Day: 429-0 with 6 absences, do not qualify for the database. ANY vote in which a majority of progressives in the progressive cohort listed just below here votes against a majority of Republicans qualifies for the database and is included in the Overall % scores.

"The Progressive Position" by definition, is the position of the majority of the Progressives. The “Conservative Position” is the position of the majority of the Republicans.

quote:

Senators
WI Tammy Baldwin
OH Sherrod Brown
IL Richard Durbin
MN Al Franken
NJ Cory Booker
HI Mazie Hirono
MA Ed Markey
OR Jeff Merkley
RI Jack Reed
VT Bernie Sanders
MA Elizabeth Warren

lol @ this thing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think that Generation Z is gonna hate our guts. We're gonna turn over the ruins of the American goverment to them after we tried to fight it's collapse with memes and hashtags.

Well Gen Z is apparently all going to be Nazis thanks to loving YouTube so at this point I'm hoping Fermi's Pardox takes care of us

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

need to lay off on joy for a while, but this is a good one to go out on

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/894406539611697160

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

KomradeX posted:

Well Gen Z is apparently all going to be Nazis thanks to loving YouTube so at this point I'm hoping Fermi's Pardox takes care of us

Gen Z is just going to be the American manifestation of Japanese hikikomori: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

Ignore the sensational headline, it's actually a pretty good study of what's going on

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

etalian posted:

But doesn't Khaleesi come off as loving moronic leader in Game of Thrones, thinks she deserves the crown because it's her destiny along with having a big messiah delusion?

This aspect always confused me, because from what I've seen/read (which admittedly isn't everything; I think I've read through the third book?) the book seems to portray Khaleesi in a relatively positive light as being the "rightful" ruler. But viewed objectively she just feels she's owned the throne due to her heritage and is willing to kill thousands of people to make that happen.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

This aspect always confused me, because from what I've seen/read (which admittedly isn't everything; I think I've read through the third book?) the book seems to portray Khaleesi in a relatively positive light as being the "rightful" ruler. But viewed objectively she just feels she's owned the throne due to her heritage and is willing to kill thousands of people to make that happen.

You should finish the books, they're good, and then you can join us in our decades-long misery of anticipation.

Also keep in mind unreliable narrators

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

Al Gore gives off a sort of Venom Snake "I've learned my lesson" vibe which is cool but I have no idea what any of his policy stances are besides climate change

Honestly an Al Gore presidency making climate change an actual priority would be nice but I dunno if he'd fix anything else

Also I'm on my phone rn and my phone's first predictive text suggestion after I type "Al" is "Giordano" so maybe I post itt too much

I was listening to an interview with Al Gore on fresh air, and he doesn't seem that good. He talked about how the biggest problem politically is that people aren't being civil and bipartisan enough. So even if he said he was in favor of single payer or whatever, he's definitely not a good option.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I can't believe Cory Booker is trying to take credit for what many states already did locally

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Ytlaya posted:

I was listening to an interview with Al Gore on fresh air, and he doesn't seem that good. He talked about how the biggest problem politically is that people aren't being civil and bipartisan enough. So even if he said he was in favor of single payer or whatever, he's definitely not a good option.
But he could be a better option! :ocelot::smuggo:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i remain neutral on 2020 until i find a candidate willing to speak to my single issue: the declining market share of casual dining restaurants.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Concerned Citizen posted:

i remain neutral on 2020 until i find a candidate willing to speak to my single issue: the declining market share of casual dining restaurants.

loving Applebee's and all it's ilk is garbage and I'll be thrilled when all that retail space is freed up for literally anything else.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the buffalo wild wings nation stands ready for 2020, and beyond.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
So this is what Venom Snake has been doing since November 8th....

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Homeless Friend posted:

don't doxx me senpai >:(

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

logikv9 posted:

don't doxx me senpai >:(

u rn

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 06:08 on Aug 7, 2017

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gen Z is just going to be the American manifestation of Japanese hikikomori: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

Ignore the sensational headline, it's actually a pretty good study of what's going on

Jesus them all being unemployable mentally ill shut-ins is the best case scenario. This country is hosed

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

KomradeX posted:

Jesus them all being unemployable mentally ill shut-ins is the best case scenario. This country is hosed
Just give them instructionals

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA/videos

Throw them into the woods when they go into middle school for the summer
Make it a school contest manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

You made me check what my steam profile looked like and holy lol I forgot how much CoH2 I played. I guess the whole Wehrmacht backround makes it technically more embarrassing

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LordMilitantAlexander

• Locked thread