Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And I just realized that Wreaclast is literally Dark Fantasy Austrailia :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I really love the transition from endgame to maps. It's so smooth, good job there GGG! I imagine that new players must be like: "WOAH, 126 MAPS?"

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
One of the big weaknesses with Ranger/Shadow is that they have a weird lack of easy HP nodes to grab. Having less life/needing to go out of your way for more is sort of a fact of life for both of those classes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Support for back to me about MercuryTrade:

quote:

Hi there,

We previously checked out MercuryTrade and said it was okay for people to use. This new version includes entirely unrelated features that we haven't investigated yet. These are things that would normally be disallowed, so it is prompting a lot of internal discussion at the moment.

Kind regards,
Jessica

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world
Could I grab an invite for the main goon guild? Went away for the weekend and was kicked! The character name is phanto_oblit

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

m.hache posted:

So I Alch'ed this up on my Frozen Blade Raider.

Does the +Cold DMG from it scale with all of the other wonderful +cold skills I've been taking? What exactly should I be prioritizing on my weapons for this build? Just hit A8 and things die very quickly but bosses can be a bit of a pain.

prioritize phys on the weapon because you convert 90% of that to cold which is then scaled by your +cold and then cold dps of the weapon

+ele attack and attack speed are next

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know that Orbs of Binding were just introduced, and they apparently can only be got by shards from Harbys. Still, should I hang on to these for trade later on?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Is Evade a good supplement for health? Playing as a Hunter and I've got 4-5 major Evade stacking pips around me, plus Acrobatics ( which looks good? It's also got a malus attached to it. But I suppose if you go hard into dodge you aren't using armor anyways. ). Meanwhile my +health options are all tiny and spread out.

Seems like it'd be a better idea to grab all these Evade buffs, then go south for better mana/the mana stuff, picking up the various bow perks along the way.

Evade + Dodge is good but you need a health pool and some mitigation (Arctic Armor, Basalt flask, Endurance charges, Fortify etc.) to not get one shot. You'll get a ton of evasion just from all the dex nodes near Ranger start so I would suggest getting just the clusters that have both evasion and life on them, at least until you hit maps and can decide whether you want to invest more.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 7, 2017

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Unlucky7 posted:

And I just realized that Wreaclast is literally Dark Fantasy Austrailia :v:

It's NZ :argh:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I know that Orbs of Binding were just introduced, and they apparently can only be got by shards from Harbys. Still, should I hang on to these for trade later on?

I'd just use them, they're for levelling. If you want to take a stash of them to Standard you can buy them back later.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Wait, there's a difference?

:q:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Orbs of Binding are basically Alchs + Fuses combined into one. They are of no use in endgame, use them asap, on the best base you can get for the level.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i never remember to look for whites since they get hidden

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I'd like some advice
It's my first time with this game; I'm level 41, I like two handed weapons, and so far there are only a few key moves I realy like using:
  • Heavy Strike (with onslaught support, life leech support, melee splash support)
  • Blood rage
  • Leap Slam (fast attack support, added fire damage support)

I can take or leave everything else that's equipped gem/rune wise.

Here's my current skill point tree right here
A few quick reasons to explain how this evolved:
  • Juggernaught - I needed some survivability
  • Jewel socket - I was told they're fantastic by a couple of guys with several high end characters, I took it and currently have a Crimson Jewel in it
  • Unwavering Stance - I was told stun is a killer at later levels and that evasion was useless, so that's why I took it.
  • +30Dex/Int nodes - I just needed to so I could equip my higher level gems. I'm not sure if this was smart though. I come from D3, where venturing outside of your mainstat is frowned upon.
  • Executioner & Wrecking Ball nodes - I couldn't decide on a type of weapon (aces/maces/swords.etc), so I figured the next best thing would be to take nodes that focus on two handed in general, that way I don't lock myself out of anything. I'm sure there are ultra rare weapons that might be useful down the road that I've no idea exist.

Question is, how can I turn this into something that's viable for the majority of the end game content (most of which I'm not even aware of)? I'm not a guy who likes to deal with choices that can't be fixed in arpg's (I don't have much free time you see), so building a lot of characters is not a thing I can invest in. It already seems like a pain in the rear end to respec characters too.

Should I grab the following nodes?
Armor Mastery & its three adjascent nodes (total: 64% increased armor, 3% movement speed, .5% lefe regen)
Barbarism full node (14% life, 6% element resist, 8% fire resist, +1% max fire resist)
Should I complete the Juggernaught node? It would add 4% to armour and 8% to max life.
Should I grab Resolute Technique? I'm still not quite sure how critical hit chance works on this game (if certain weapons have a higher than normal crit chance, or if you have to stock as much CHC as possible.)

But yeah, any help would be appreciated. Ideally I'd like to be able to slam a motherfuker into a ground at the speed of light and let splash damage deal with everything around him (while liefe-leeching to stay alive), then leap to a new pack and keep on keepin' on. I've seen people who attack non stop and it looks amazing. I'm open to switching up to earthquake or sunder or whatever though if need be, I've heard that can be fun too. I had lacerate for a while but I just don't care for it.

Heavy Strike is sort of workable, but definitely give both Sunder and Earthquake a shot (Faster Attacks, Melee Physical, Life Leech/Fortify/Maim/Added Fire). The Fortify gem isn't good damage but the buff is very worth it and you can run it in Leap Slam if you want to optimise your main attack at the cost of some busywork tracking the buff. Definitely pick up Resolute Technique as fast as you can.

Berserker ascendancy fits exactly what you want and is very strong right now but it pretty much requires you to path over to Vaal Pact and the route you took to the two hander wheel is a bit messy which might bite you later on.

https://poeurl.com/bqfN this is probably what I would go for but it takes 21 respec points.

https://poeurl.com/bqfU this lets you keep Unweavering Stance and uses only 8 respec points for the cost of 8% life and a jewel.

Swap the axe wheel for whatever weapon you end up deciding on, I usually fill those nodes after everything else.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Aug 7, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Awesome! posted:

i never remember to look for whites since they get hidden
You shouldn't be using filter that does that to an absolute extent.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
If you ever want to heavy strike, I'd recommend CRABHAMMER. Once you can equip it, of course.

Your dps goes up if you don't have to keep chasing after poo poo because you knocked it back so much.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Dream Attack posted:

Could I grab an invite for the main goon guild? Went away for the weekend and was kicked! The character name is phanto_oblit

poo poo sorry man, its everyone for themselves right now. Im getting 10+ whispers a day for invites and there's ZERO slots. Hopefully some people will quit after the 1 week mark and we can purge some people in.

Ka-Ka
Dec 27, 2012
Welp, 3,5k Health, 900ES and mom with 70 EB trickster and i managed to die to Kitava act 10 in second. Did warm up by doing merciless lab before doing him and now my morning tea tastes salty and sour. And i simply steamrolled him after i tried him in standard, so gently caress me.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

ShutteredIn posted:

Act 8 hit my sunder build like a loving brick wall.

Holy hell you're not kidding. I guess I didn't need that exp anyway.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Ka-Ka posted:

Welp, 3,5k Health, 900ES and mom with 70 EB trickster and i managed to die to Kitava act 10 in second. Did warm up by doing merciless lab before doing him and now my morning tea tastes salty and sour. And i simply steamrolled him after i tried him in standard, so gently caress me.

fukken rip

kitava's gotta be cockblocking so many hc players, especially those playing unspoiled

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Kitava was a butt and I'm still salty that my Wither totem couldn't target him :argh:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

ShutteredIn posted:

Act 8 hit my sunder build like a loving brick wall.

Are you upgrading your weapons? I had a crappy blue rustic crafted noble axe, and I was making GBS threads over all content on a 4L

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I just found out that ZiggyD made a build guide for GC Mines. No wonder I was having so much trouble getting gear.

Dangit, I decided on this build a month ago. This is why I only do bad gimmick builds.

Screw it, I'm rerolling with Searing Bond and Lightning Warp totems.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ka-Ka posted:

70 EB?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Wow Act 5 is quite a step up. I got poo poo on repeatedly by a boss and then accidentally clicked rez in town :(

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The Crab King arena gets really small, I can't imagine what doing it in a party would be like (especially if it becomes a map boss).

I'm really enjoying my triple Siege Ballista Doomfletch Elementalist build, I'm level 50 and haven't upgraded my Doomfletch to the Prism yet but it's still doing well. I'm about half way to the 20c required for the prophecy.

Plus once I pickup Mastermind of Discord I can use E-Hit/GMP/Curse-on-hit to get trigger the 25% penetration (currently I'm using Frenzy in that spot).

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Nah I think he's right. Big hostile continent full of drop bears and other crazy wildlife that wants to kill you? Sounds like Australia to me. I guess that makes Oriath NZ. Theopolis = Chch perhaps. It has a cathedral that gets destroyed by an angry god, checks out.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I've always really liked all the Maori-themed stuff in PoE and was hoping for more of it, I don't think any other game/setting really goes into it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

Nah I think he's right. Big hostile continent full of drop bears and other crazy wildlife that wants to kill you? Sounds like Australia to me. I guess that makes Oriath NZ. Theopolis = Chch perhaps. It has a cathedral that gets destroyed by an angry god, checks out.

https://i.imgur.com/ipF3AWE.gifv

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I mean, the founding mythology of Australia and NZ is a bunch of convicts being exiled to a giant barren continent, which is part of the inspiration of Wraeclast.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Huh that's pretty cool. But if Wraeclast is Germany, how come it's an island off the coast of Banks Peninsula?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Phobophilia posted:

I mean, the founding mythology of Australia and NZ is a bunch of convicts being exiled to a giant barren continent, which is part of the inspiration of Wraeclast.

NZ was never a convict colony, while in the case of Aus that's not mythology, that's history

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
For any of you playing frosty blades, what are you gemming for outside of your main attack, frost bomb and that Cold debuff curse? I feel like I have a bunch of empty gem slots with no real idea on what's worth using. Is there something I can do to make frost bombs debuff last longer?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

I would be curious to see how a dark pact vaal pact berserker works out. Sacrifice your life to leech it back? Sounds like a plan.

It's really good but also really scary til your selfcast bonus starts kicking in and you start abusing your well over 100% damage effectiveness with added chaos and apep's rage. The aoe is big enough that you can get away with leaving conc effect on all the time while leveling, which you'll need if you want any hope of beating your crippling addiction to red koolaid before level 62.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

Huh that's pretty cool. But if Wraeclast is Germany, how come it's an island off the coast of Banks Peninsula?

They had.a German 2D artist freelance for them early on afaik.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Phobophilia posted:

New Zealand was never a penal colony, plus that's only the history of the white settlers rather than the natives.

edit: the Karui are literally Maoris with the serial numbers scrubbed off

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I need a 5-link chest for my build, and they're all like 8 or 9 Chaos. Any time I see one cheaper than that it's been sold long before I send a message.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

It's still super early in the league, prices on most non-meta-specific things will come down over the next few days/weeks

Also 8/9 chaos isn't *that* much. You know about the chaos vendor recipe, right?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bardeh posted:

I need a 5-link chest for my build, and they're all like 8 or 9 Chaos. Any time I see one cheaper than that it's been sold long before I send a message.
You should have that much way before you actually need a 5-link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Do you get the second curse on your character at the end of rank 8? trying to down cruel lab and Izaro keeps chain shotting me with the green orbs.