Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kilonum posted:

What if it is Hobbs and Varsha?

Add in Diffey and we have a deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Kilonum posted:

What if it is Hobbs and Varsha?

What if it was simply a Hobbs + Matchett soundboard that randomly interjected "Wauh!" "Hmmm" "Wooohahughoooauwww!"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's a thought.

No really, hear me out here.

nothing but BWOAH? the entire broadcast.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

iospace posted:

Here's a thought.

Sounds good to me. No commentators and an occasional bwoah when someone gets passed is ideal.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iospace posted:

Here's a thought.

Hire Kimi as the colour commentator. Bonus if he gets as bitter as Hunt did when he was commentating

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I want a Bob Cole/Vic Rauter combo

"And the cars... are now... on track"

"Richard makes a pass on Hamilton!"

Edit: better yet, belly laughs and holy mackinaw

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 7, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

You Am I posted:

Hire Kimi as the colour commentator. Bonus if he gets as bitter as Hunt did when he was commentating

Given Kimi's assessment of Di Resta mid-race, I would imagine he'd go full on James Hunt-on-Jean-Pierre Jarier watching some of the clowns on the grid.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Make kimi race control. give him buttons to talk directly to other drivers.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

make all drivers have to feed their complaints through kimi

F1 will be great again

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I'm biased with cricket, because our PE teacher never really explained what the hell we were supposed to be doing when we played it in school and just got shouty when we didn't do the sport thing properly. Either that or I simply didn't follow.

The end result is the same either way, I can't stand it. There was that year that we were doing well in the ashes for the first time in forever and every man and his loving dog instantly became a cricket wizard and "Oooh did you watch the cricket yesterday? Oh it was amazing!" - no, no I bloody didn't. I had better things to do with my time. I really would rather shove toothpicks under my nails than be forced to engage with cricket on any kind of level.

What a load of rubbish.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Test cricket is actually super chill and good to watch. I was sceptical, but even on tv it's pretty compelling

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

enri posted:

I'm biased with cricket, because our PE teacher never really explained what the hell we were supposed to be doing when we played it in school and just got shouty when we didn't do the sport thing properly. Either that or I simply didn't follow.

The end result is the same either way, I can't stand it. There was that year that we were doing well in the ashes for the first time in forever and every man and his loving dog instantly became a cricket wizard and "Oooh did you watch the cricket yesterday? Oh it was amazing!" - no, no I bloody didn't. I had better things to do with my time. I really would rather shove toothpicks under my nails than be forced to engage with cricket on any kind of level.

What a load of rubbish.

School is an excellent way to ruin sports for any child. I remember getting signed off sick for every single goddamn PE lesson where rugby was played. Bunch of hormonal teenagers banging their loving skulls together instead of actually playing the sport properly meant that there were 3-4 broken bones a term. I remember one kid in a 'scrum' getting flattened and next thing I saw was him screaming, leg in the air, snapped at the shin. gently caress that for a laugh.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
please loving murder me before diffey commentates anything ever

hes a bin person from a gp2 country

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

As a person not from the commonwealth I don't understand anything about cricket. Once as a child, I read a 4 page article about it (twice) and still didn't understand wtf that game is about.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

LochNessMonster posted:

As a person not from the commonwealth I don't understand anything about cricket. Once as a child, I read a 4 page article about it (twice) and still didn't understand wtf that game is about.

Two teams of 11 play for 5 days and there are two different ways for neither team to win, basically it's the perfect sport to alienate Americans

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Replace Todt with Kimi.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I love cricket because it's like watching baseball if I didn't grow up in a culture that is permeated by baseball. It's like the time I stumbled across a Seinfeld episode that I had somehow never seen before.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would like cricket if it were played on ice with skates and was full contact.

Baseball, maybe, too.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

I love cricket because it's like watching baseball if I didn't grow up in a culture that is permeated by baseball. It's like the time I stumbled across a Seinfeld episode that I had somehow never seen before.
I was talking to my dad about baseball the other day and discovered that all my life I had never known that you can't steal a base on a foul ball and the first three fouls count as strikes even though there are no consequences for any of the subsequent fouls

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I was talking to my dad about baseball the other day and discovered that all my life I had never known that you can't steal a base on a foul ball and the first three fouls count as strikes even though there are no consequences for any of the subsequent fouls

First two* fouls. But yes, I played little league for many years and still occasionally learn "new" baseball rules. Really illustrates how terrible I was at baseball.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
unless it's a foul tip and the catcher catches it cleanly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, well in hockey you only get thrown out of the game the second time you take your safety equipment off and start punching someone else in the face.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hockey fans are the most unbearable people on this planet.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

Hockey fans are the most unbearable people on this planet.

No argument here, fuckface.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

#TeamLH are the most unbearable people on this planet.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Please only post about Scuderia Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel being the best driver/team combination in motorsport history in this thread thank you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Please only post about Scuderia Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel being the best driver/team combination in motorsport history in this thread thank you.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ah, I see you've found a gif of the Honda engine factory.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxf8bm6KaY

Fernando's second little "hello" before they cut to the first question :3:

"It's 23, and that's Michael Jordan...Chekago Bulls."

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 7, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

Ah, I see you've found a gif of the Honda engine factory.

Surely Honda's engine factory is the busiest of all, constantly having to build new ones?

D- Must try harder

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Surely Honda's engine factory is the busiest of all, constantly having to build new ones?

D- Must try harder

No those ARE the Honda engines

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

No those ARE the Honda engines

But they all seem to be turning over just fine?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Motorsport.com tweeted an article where Jackie Stewart defended the halo, and it was only halo-related tweet I've ever seen where the mentions weren't filled with people complaining about it. I let out a hearty lol.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And Massa is continuing to say "I CAN DRIVE, I SWEAR, I'M NOT RETIRING YET".

Dude, keep it up, and you'll be too old for even NASCAR.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

And Massa is continuing to say "I CAN DRIVE, I SWEAR, I'M NOT RETIRING YET".

Dude, keep it up, and you'll be too old for even NASCAR.

They should replace him with Felipe Nasr for continuity

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCxf8bm6KaY

Fernando's second little "hello" before they cut to the first question :3:

"It's 23, and that's Michael Jordan...Chekago Bulls."

lmao this is great

Stoffel: "wanna phone vettel?"

Alonso: "i don't have.. only lewis has his number"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
also the Chicago Bulls joke Alonso's got a wicked rad sense of humour

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvebsALb2SY

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ferrari is bad OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

iospace posted:

Ferrari is bad OP.

Ferrari is a stain on the sport. Hashtag megazone

• Locked thread