Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm the editor and i say it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hijack is Clevin.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I'm Hijack.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hi, Jack.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm Dad

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I'm hard pressed to think of a character in this comic who doesn't need therapy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fecha posted:

I'm hard pressed to think of a character in this comic who doesn't need therapy
Mr. Starchman.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jetamo posted:

I mean, to be fair Garcia is one weird dude.

He is, but that face looks a lot like Hijack to me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

flatluigi posted:

He is, but that face looks a lot like Hijack to me.

The bulging vein is probably the big giveaway.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I like the idea of him being one of those dudes that unlocks supernatural powers with OJ better. It's also weird that Hijack would sneak into a school, possess a teacher, and walk out.

also do these kids have cellphones on them to text each other when they figure out if one of the teachers isn't Hijack? You'd think when you eliminate one you'd want to back up the others or have a way to send for help against the super strong ghost

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Nuns with Guns posted:

I like the idea of him being one of those dudes that unlocks supernatural powers with OJ better. It's also weird that Hijack would sneak into a school, possess a teacher, and walk out.

also do these kids have cellphones on them to text each other when they figure out if one of the teachers isn't Hijack? You'd think when you eliminate one you'd want to back up the others or have a way to send for help against the super strong ghost

The act of getting out their phones and texting each other should only take a month of strips at most so I'm sure they'll team up again in no time.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Jetamo posted:

I mean, to be fair Garcia is one weird dude.
Wow, the art has really improved since this page.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he uses much lighter colors now for sure

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
P.J. is making a callback to this page (not one of the ones Zak links to in his post) when he talks about friendship. I guess he didn't have much in the way of friends before he kicked the bucket if he needs to quote Isabel over what friends do.

unrelated, I forgot that Johnny said "what a waste of good violence" earlier in the chapter when he was done messing with Jeff, which Hijack/Jeff then used later as he was talking poo poo to Johnny about bullies. Neat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Countblanc posted:

P.J. is making a callback to this page (not one of the ones Zak links to in his post) when he talks about friendship. I guess he didn't have much in the way of friends before he kicked the bucket if he needs to quote Isabel over what friends do.

unrelated, I forgot that Johnny said "what a waste of good violence" earlier in the chapter when he was done messing with Jeff, which Hijack/Jeff then used later as he was talking poo poo to Johnny about bullies. Neat.

I'm so proud of our budding little Eiichiro Oda. :3

What're 'Special Weapon. YARN. Lasers!!' referencing?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RareAcumen posted:

I'm so proud of our budding little Eiichiro Oda. :3

What're 'Special Weapon. YARN. Lasers!!' referencing?

PJ was super hype about the idea of being able to be helpful when Max suggested he might be able to use a tool to help out, then Spencer made a poor analogy about how the tool would basically eat PJ to fuel it ("yarn is the power source and spirits are sweaters"). Max hasn't been able to explain it to PJ because he doesn't want to further crush his hopes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Spender's very bad explanation of why ghosts can't wield Spectral Weapons. I don't have a link handy but it was near the start of the ghost train ride.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
It is linked in the author comments under the page.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Phones never bring you good news.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alt text: max realizes he still has a flip phone and zarei realizes spender has her number

That's fantastic. Also, Zarei is right, Rick is a catastrophe.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
a) Isaac got Hijack'd (possible but boring)
b) Isaac and Mr. Garcia had a chat, Isaac asked him the usual questions, Mr. Garcia just shrugged and told him everything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Her straw isn't even in the water. :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Well he doesn't have any bulging veins and his energy is the same color (idk if that'd matter), and I sorta feel like he'd want to talk to Max if he just learned stuff or is swapping to the Cousinhood or whatever, so I don't think it's Hijack

But I guess it could be

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I don't think Hijack would text Max. I don't see where he would get the knowledge that that's even an option, let alone have anything to say.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

I don't think Hijack would text Max. I don't see where he would get the knowledge that that's even an option, let alone have anything to say.

"ready for some Wii sports?"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm just proud of Zarei for recovering the date.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

MikeJF posted:

I'm just proud of Zarei for recovering the date.
welp

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
She was too much of a dork to not mess up eventually.

I wonder which one were those two watching.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

this owns

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Kyte posted:

She was too much of a dork to not mess up eventually.

She's hot and has a cool bike, she can still recover.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:rip: Isaac

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha I just noticed the shape of the speech bubble in the last panel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6tR78d0cmA

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Aww here it goes!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dolash posted:

Yeah, Eightfold is still alive, imprisoned, unable to escape, destined to stay fused with the rock until destroyed by natural disaster or devoured by a passing malicious spirit.

Much better!

And yeah I am absolutely not following this business with the fly at all, although Zack's art is so fun that it hardly matters. It might actually be funny if it turned out to be an entirely meaningless interaction.

She's a spirit. Why can't see just leave the book and phase through the rock.?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

She's a spirit. Why can't see just leave the book and phase through the rock.?

She can't leave the book until she's regenerated. She didn't have enough strength when she was trapped because she'd rekilled herself that morning after meeting Max, and without a spectral to feed off she can't regenerate by herself.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

MikeJF posted:

She can't leave the book until she's regenerated. She didn't have enough strength when she was trapped because she'd rekilled herself that morning after meeting Max, and without a spectral to feed off she can't regenerate by herself.

I'm pretty sure she can, it just takes a lot longer.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-219

I had assumed that Issac was hijacked, but if so, I don't understand his motivation for saying "prove you're you!"

Neither Ed nor Isabel suspected, but now they do.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think Isaac is hijacked. I think he just learned some important things from Garcia that nobody else would tell him up till now.

That or he's just being Unnecessarily Anime And Dramatic because it's Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Podima posted:

I don't think Isaac is hijacked. I think he just learned some important things from Garcia that nobody else would tell him up till now.

That or he's just being Unnecessarily Anime And Dramatic because it's Isaac.

I'd say it's both.