Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Regarding the Skyticket Germany thing, this is their thumbnail for Episode 13:

Obviously such a scene doesn't appear in ep 13, but can anyone tell where it's actually from? I vaguely recall this shot from earlier on in the series somewhere. When Frank walks in with his phone and wigs Lucy out, maybe?

edit:

According to this person on reddit though it's standard procedure for the site so shruuuuuug

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

james. is. cool.

Andrew_Jackson5
Jan 9, 2015

what a web sight

It's from whenever Andy is explaining to Lucy what cell phones are. Probably Episode 3 but I watched 1-4 at the same time so I can't remember.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm probably the billionth person to ask, but where the gently caress is Donna?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

I'm probably the billionth person to ask, but where the gently caress is Donna?

Look man.

We don't talk about Donna

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Now that the show has very overtly confirmed it's not edited in linear time, it's pretty much a certainty that Jack Rabbit's Palace is being saved for the finale.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I'm intrigued by the guy in the business suit that looked like Kevin Spacey in Glengarry Glen Ross that was hanging around with Ray's gang. What's his story?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

MullardEL34 posted:

I'm intrigued by the guy in the business suit that looked like Kevin Spacey in Glengarry Glen Ross that was hanging around with Ray's gang. What's his story?

I thought it was hilarious that it was like this hardcore gang of ruffians then this dweeby guy that looks like he belongs in a cubicle farm

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Tolkien minority posted:

I thought it was hilarious that it was like this hardcore gang of ruffians then this dweeby guy that looks like he belongs in a cubicle farm

I saw him in the crowd before they went to the arm wrestling room and immediately tagged him as "The Accountant."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Relive one of the most glorious moments in television history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sd4EOXMDgc

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
It looked like EvilCoop pulled a deagle after winning the arm wrestling match, then it morphed into a 1911 in the next shot.

My current joke hypothesis is that EvilCoop relies on the energy from random cell phone batteries to survive.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 7, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ruddiger posted:

Anyone still have the link to the Nine Inch Nails/James song edit?
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1528224180819917/permalink/1703576089951391/

UnculturedSwine
Jul 7, 2006

Why was Dougie fascinated by Anthony's dandruff? or did I miss something?

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted

UnculturedSwine posted:

Why was Dougie fascinated by Anthony's dandruff? or did I miss something?

I actually spent a few moments wondering why he suddenly had such prominent flakes in the scene where he's crouching behind the desk. I hadn't noticed them previously—were they always there?

Integral Catculus fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 7, 2017

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe James is still cool.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

probly shouldnt arm wrestle w/ weird demon ppl

polishthunder84 posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA JAMES IT'S loving JAMES DSGFADFGAERESDFASDF

I wish I could livepost the reactions with you guys, the posts from today's show were great.

I definitely think there's something to the Audrey In a Coma theory, from the start her scenes felt more like the scenes with the woman and the giant from episode 8. The decor and clothing was similarly anachronistic. Her being trapped in a coma/in some kind of nightmare makes sense with her husband being another part of her brain keeping information from her/refusing to let her go.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
david lynch is a literal comedy genius. this episode owned

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
As someone who always kinda liked James' song, I had a good long laugh when he was revealed as the musical guest. Kinda wish they'd re-recorded it for old James tho.

Modrasone
Jul 27, 2008

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
If you weren't dancing around your room bellowing along with Just You like an English football hooligan you ain't got no soul.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was too busy having hysterical fits of laughter

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
crimson carrots! what an episode :allears:

this season has ruined all other tv for me. nothing else shall ever measure up to these episodes. even when it's not a mind-bending surrealist televisual orgasm, even when it's just a traditional narrative like tonight, it's loving magickal. loving james :kimchi:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
these remaining episodes are gonna be a fuckin trip and a half, buds. like a bullet train and a roller coaster hosed and hired the alchemist from holy mountain as the babysitter. i've seen so many dinguses panicking angrily about how the season is bad and hosed already because "how can they possibly tie all this poo poo together into anything resembling a satisfactory conclusion??" how, you ask? by doing what they did tonight, mfers :rock:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Regarding the Skyticket Germany thing, this is their thumbnail for Episode 13:

Obviously such a scene doesn't appear in ep 13, but can anyone tell where it's actually from? I vaguely recall this shot from earlier on in the series somewhere. When Frank walks in with his phone and wigs Lucy out, maybe?

edit:

According to this person on reddit though it's standard procedure for the site so shruuuuuug

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Section 9 posted:

I think it has always been that way.

Edit: Confirmed

Holy poo poo, though. The ring from last night did not look ANYTHING like that design though, now that I go back and look at it!

Here is a screengrab of the ring on Ray's finger, moments before it fades away:

And now HERE is the ring as it appeared on the pedestal lastnight:

Now... Even THOSE TWO designs look different. I want to say the ring just looks blurry on Ray's hand but... his hand is perfectly still :confused

Oh, and just so you all know we're not going crazy, HERE is a screengrab of the ring on Dougie's shrinking hand from Episode 3, in the Red Room:

Now, THAT ring looks just like the one that Section 9 posted, and just like the one I remember from FWWM. I could post a screengrab of Mike holding it up on his pinky from the intersection scene, but the design would just look like the one above.

The ring DEFINITELY has a different symbol (symbols?) on it in this episode than it did earlier in the season and in FWWM.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

This is gonna be a tough week. :stare:

One thing that really only came up this episode is that the doppelganger basically has the evil version of Dougie's power. Instead of helping people and being loved by everyone, he has the uncanny ability to become the boss of any band of criminals he meets.

What was the song that played when the Mitchums brought Dougie in? It sounded similar to that one assassin's Hip Hop anthem.

Here is a little interview with Twin Peaks' music supervisor about the Song. (You know which one.)

edit: so many typos

And More fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 7, 2017

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

MullardEL34 posted:

My current joke hypothesis is that EvilCoop relies on the energy from random cell phone batteries to survive.

Why joke? This is David Lynch after all

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

And More posted:

What was the song that played when the Mitchums brought Dougie in? It sounded similar to that one assassin's Hip Hop anthem.
That completely undancable music was hilarious.

And I'm not sure I can resist an episode 14 leak, it's gonna be a rough week.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
"Why are you laughing so hard? This is awful." - My wife to me last night during the Big Musical Finale

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Speaking of Dean Hurley, his new album of soundscapes was just posted and man, it seems he's composed the majority of the sound for the show.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Section 9 posted:

I'm loathe to use the word "trolling" but at this point I'm beginning to believe that Lynch thought about all the possible combinations of things that people might think will bring Coop back, and is just sort of teasing the audience. First with coffee. Then with cherry pie. Now coffee and cherry pie. Next will be coffee and cherry pie with some law enforcement person who has a badge.

I also couldn't tell if the music for the conga line in the insurance office was diegetic or not.

This was my main takeaway from the episode (well, aside from laughing like a loon at James).

Coffee and cherry pie is getting played up to a degree that seems like it's a bit beyond whatever Lynch might have originally planned; I'm not going to say it's pure fanservice, but I feel like he's definitely toying with the fans and their having built up the coffee-and-pie meme so much in the intervening years. Oh that's what Coop is to you? FINE THEN HAVE SOME COOP. *cherry pie to the face*

And that conga music was really loving tripping me out. I was wondering the same thing. Where was it coming from? God it sounded goofy. In a really fun way. How does someone even come up with music like that? And think "Yep, this is the sound pattern I want underlying the surreality of this particular scene"?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I want to believe that the guy that ran the dude off the road during last week's episode is actually Dougie and not bad cooper

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In an utterly glorious episode of the most bizarre and wondrous things (James! :neckbeard:), somehow it was Tom Sizemore's comical :aaa: at the very start of the episode that cracked me up the most :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Aug 7, 2017

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I totally called Sizemore poisoning Dougie's coffee

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Data Graham posted:

This was my main takeaway from the episode (well, aside from laughing like a loon at James).

Coffee and cherry pie is getting played up to a degree that seems like it's a bit beyond whatever Lynch might have originally planned; I'm not going to say it's pure fanservice, but I feel like he's definitely toying with the fans and their having built up the coffee-and-pie meme so much in the intervening years. Oh that's what Coop is to you? FINE THEN HAVE SOME COOP. *cherry pie to the face*

And that conga music was really loving tripping me out. I was wondering the same thing. Where was it coming from? God it sounded goofy. In a really fun way. How does someone even come up with music like that? And think "Yep, this is the sound pattern I want underlying the surreality of this particular scene"?

First off, I feel like Lynch has actually been making something of a statement regarding the importance of eating healthy/organic/natural food, as opposed to eating processed and packaged crap you'd get from... I think you say, convenience store? That crap that's full of preservatives and super-processed *corn* syrup and so on.

Like, seriously. I always felt like Chantal constantly eating Cheetos (and giving them to Evil Coop and him liking them) is like, because cheetos (and the like) are just super-processed convenience-store corn. What could be a more perfect snack to a black lodge entity? So I feel like Lynch has established that evil Lodge entities can basically survive off eating crap like cheetos/funyuns/fritos/etc. And conversely, he generally ascribes coffee and cherry pie with this almost mystical power at this point.

And I felt like he ordered the scenes in last night's episode to underscore the point. First we have the scene with Dougie and Anthony, where BASICALLY Cherry Pie and Coffee save the day and prove to be just as sacred and incorruptible as Dougie himself. Immediately following this, we get a conversation between Shelly and Becky, where Becky bemoans that Steven has been missing for two days now, and she feels terrible, and so on. Becky tempts her with cherry pie with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on top, and Becky smiles. It's like THE PANACEA on this show, it seems like.

Then immediately after this we get the Norma/Walter scene, where he is trying to get her to use shittier and cheaper ingredients to widen the profit margin. Like he wants to take the heart and soul out of the diner while saying that all he wants to do is preserve the heart and soul of the diner. Plus the name-change thing.

I honestly think this is like... About as overtly political as Lynch gets, besides maybe Dr. Amp? But he's basically underscoring the same sort of points that Dr. Amp (it really is so much more fun calling him that than Dr. Jacoby) also talks about how processed food is poison and how all this crap is being forced on us by corporate industry. I honestly think these are like... literal things that Lynch believes. And I *kinda* agree, at least in the sense that my mother raised me with the axiom "you are what you eat" and as a result I've always stayed far far away from fast food and gas station food and whatnot, though I'm not a total snob I'll eat mcdonalds if I have to.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I thought the arm wrestling scene was amazing. From the obvious distress/straining of the Boss throughout it all to Mr. C's reaction and commentary - spectacular.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Food's definitely a focus this episode (Ed's comment to Bobby about how no one should eat alone followed by that credits scene was heartbreaking) but as far as healthy food goes, Lynch has his characters (including the one he plays) devouring donuts.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Lynch is a guy who in real life ate at Bob's Big Boy every day for lunch because he could get a meal while still maintaining focus on his creativity. I can't see him jumping on the organic/natural food bandwagon.

I want that music that was playing during the Mitchum Brothers/showgirls/Dougie conga line for my ringtone.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vikar Jerome posted:

prediction: part 13 will be very good again and everyone will be saying how genius the show is once more. peace at last.

:smuggo:

episode ruled. i too lost my poo poo and could not believe james really was always cool.

also confirms a ton of stuff for me:

sarah palmer's tv = there is time fuckery going on in twin peaks, everyone is stuck in the same way not moving on or worse off than they were 25 years ago. even james is stuck forever longing. ~ just you. and i.~ trying to figure out if jerry is in a worse way but not sure yet. and when i say time fuckery i mean it, its not to do with how poo poo is edited at all, this loving thing is intentional. time is hosed in twin peaks and whatever is happening at those coordinates is probably the cause.

badcooper and bob = bob is no longer with badcooper, the woodsmen and badcooper are not working together and they took bob back when they pulled the orb out back in part 8 and i don't think it's jefferies calling the shots, its either someone pretending to be him or another doppleganger. remember when badcooper was on the walkie talkie thing talking to who he believed to be jefferies? "jefferies" said "i missed you in new york, you're going back in tomorrow and i'll be with bob again" badcooper realized it wasnt jefferies and we know badcooper set up the glass in new york. in the episode prior to the call, who turned up in new york? the experiment thing in the glass cell was the one talking to badcooper.

audrey = yep, i am now 100% certain (lol) that she is still in coma

bobby briggs is 100% a bookhouse boy

the ring! it takes people back to the lodge and im starting to think that laura in the lodge isn't a doppelganger. D:

theres some others i think and i need to rewatch and gently caress this week will be tough once the episode 14 leaks start flooding. :|

bad confirmations = richard is badcoopers son isnt he. gently caress you thread.

Polo-Rican posted:

First James appearance: Shelly says the phrase "James was always cool."

Second James appearance: James plays Just You and a crowdmember weeps at how beautiful it is.

Third James appearance?: He rides his bike to Evelyn's estate and the two embrace and she says something like "our story was always really good and important and it definitely should have happened??" (Bonus points if this is literally the last scene of season 3)

third james appearance got leaked, we have a new opening for the finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40o3ek1KQP0

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really liked the Norma capitalism stuff but I feel like it was possibly more of a Frost thing tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

badcooper and bob = bob is no longer with badcooper

wait what